Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What diffs do you have?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #2867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
For anyone looking for these uprights part number is COR79299 same as old 2 hinge pin hole upright. I found if you use 2 corally steel shims/washers in inner hole you'll be right where the 2nd hole of old upright is. Also I would suggest ordering camber link COR79262 to make rear link straight off tower. These are a great upgrade and they are way stronger.

Careful when you run the COR79262 in the rear. Use a washer with more surface area to distribute the stress to the tower during side impacts. The longer dimensions acts as a lever and breaks shock towers easier when using the outside holes. I learned this the hard way.

Christopher
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #2868
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom235 View Post
hey guys i am running the phi diffs and they keep coming loose on me. i saw back in the thread that you put the cone washer in and that will fix it but it didn't fix it any idea's that would be great thanks
I have found if you use blue locktite it seems to stay where I set it. At least until I rebuild it. Which is usually 5-6 races. Hope this helps.
brqsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #2869
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the SMC 4000's will fit the Phi with out mods?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #2870
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

[QUOTE=Kenny L;5221871]For anyone looking for these uprights part number is COR79299 same as old 2 hinge pin hole upright. I found if you use 2 corally steel shims/washers in inner hole you'll be right where the 2nd hole of old upright is. Also I would suggest ordering camber link COR79262 to make rear link straight off tower. These are a great upgrade and they are way stronger. [/QUO

Wait, so the new uprights are like xray or hot bodies ones right, where the ball studs point up? When I put that part number in on the corally website, it showed a picture of the old style uprights where the ball studs mount horizontal.
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #2871
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Absolutely! You may have to dremel away a bit of the underside of the nut insert in the right rear corner of the upper deck. Same as if fitting the Orion 3800 packs too.

But, the SMC 5000 lipo pack with the Specialized Offset Battery Bracket is the better way to go. Balances the Phi perfectly from side-to-side.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #2872
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
What diffs do you have?
they are the phi diffs are there more than one? they are the ones that came with the car
tom235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:04 AM   #2873
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does anyone happen to have a Phi oneway laying around?I have numerous RDX one ways,spools and diffs I would be willing to trade on a 2 to 1 basis if anyone has one.

Since when does 0=9?
Tread1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #2874
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
they are the phi diffs are there more than one? they are the ones that came with the car
It's hard to say the ones that came with the car as corally updates kits and includes the newer parts. Go to www.corallyusa.com and scroll down a bit on the front page and it'll show you the "08 diff" Compare and see if you have that or the one that originally came with the kit.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #2875
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
I would have to agree with StillBill the 5000's are the way to go. You can get the offset for around 35.00 from www.corallyusa.com. Be sure to buy plenty of the brass bolt on weights to insure that you can balance the car properly.
brqsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #2876
Tech Regular

ok i see what your saying now its not the o8 diff its the one before that with the plastic nut.
i looked back threw the thread and found one of the reasons it is coming loose because some kits didn't come with the cone washer so i put the cone washer in and thought it would be golden and it still came loose.
i have not tried locktite i will give that a go

Thanks
tom235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #2877
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by brqsdad View Post
I would have to agree with StillBill the 5000's are the way to go. You can get the offset for around 35.00 from www.corallyusa.com. Be sure to buy plenty of the brass bolt on weights to insure that you can balance the car properly.
I know instead of having all kinds of weights bolted onto your car. I've been using the bottom part of the TRU BALANCE EZ LI-PO weight.

All you have to do is shim the offset li-po holder from corally 2mm so the plate can go underneath of it and tighten the offset up and put your battery in and your done...no bolted on weights at all...

i can prolly post up some pics if need be to understand. I'm not the best at describing things...

-DC-
Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #2878
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Pick up a 08 diff if you can and some ceramic diff balls. It is by far the best diff for a electric TC.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #2879
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802

Quote:
ok i see what your saying now its not the o8 diff its the one before that with the plastic nut.
i looked back threw the thread and found one of the reasons it is coming loose because some kits didn't come with the cone washer so i put the cone washer in and thought it would be golden and it still came loose.
i have not tried locktite i will give that a go

Thanks
another problem you could be having is the threads on your outdrive is the first version and i believe those are the thicker threads... (not the fine threads)

I could be wrong but kenny L might be bale to tell you for sure i know he's on here alot with good info...

But i was having the same problem... I had the new diff nut but the old outdrive and they wouldn't stay tight... Even if i glued it on it wouldn't stay tight... That could also be your problem and somthing for you to check out

-DC-
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #2880
Tech Regular

Tom - I would highly suggest investing in the new '08 diffs. They are worth their weight in gold. However, if you are planning on staying with the older version diffs there are a few things you should do. First, call Corally USA and order new diff nuts. This will probably solve your problem. If you still want to use loctite, make sure you only use a very small amount on the inside of the nut itself. I have seen too many diffs where they put the loctite on the aluminum shaft and the bottom bearing gets loctited on to the shaft. You will also need to order thrust bearing assemblies from Corally USA. Hope this helps.

Thanks - Brad
BJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote