R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2008, 10:22 PM   #2806
Tech Fanatic
 
R.Dalnogare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NAAMANS,Delaware
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
Will the AE or XRay wheel hexes work on the RDX?
Xray ones fit.
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #2807
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sterling, Illinois
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare View Post
Xray ones fit.
Thanks.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #2808
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,881
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
ok are the pro's using tamiya shocks or the kit phi shocks?
Personally, I'm running the Tamiya Black TRF shocks. There is nothing wrong with the Corally ones; But like Lundsford turnbuckles, I have come to trust them over the years and they go on all my cars.

Mike
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated • REEDY Powered
JConcepts • TXD Skin Graphix • FDJ Sauce
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #2809
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,881
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4me View Post
can some one please give me the part numbers for the low ratio drive train ..
I got the 36t pulleys I need a smaller rear belt, and from what i read different bearing holders.I am not using the short wheel base... Big thanks Vinny
Vinny,

YOu need the 260mm rear bearing holders (COR79702A/79703A) and short rear belt (COR79136).

This will work for the super short wheel base as well. Enjoy!

Mike
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated • REEDY Powered
JConcepts • TXD Skin Graphix • FDJ Sauce
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #2810
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in a bottle of paragon
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Vinny,

YOu need the 260mm rear bearing holders (COR79702A/79703A) and short rear belt (COR79136).

This will work for the super short wheel base as well. Enjoy!

Mike
Thanks Mike!!! but I when i went to install the rear belt it was too big... I think i needed the 77137 belt
http://www.corallyusa.com/istar.asp?a=29
tc4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #2811
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

I will post mine and Frechettes setup after this weekend if anyone is looking for a high grip 17.5 setup.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #2812
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,881
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4me View Post
Thanks Mike!!! but I when i went to install the rear belt it was too big... I think i needed the 77137 belt
http://www.corallyusa.com/istar.asp?a=29
Yes, you are correct. Sorry, should have caught that!
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated • REEDY Powered
JConcepts • TXD Skin Graphix • FDJ Sauce
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #2813
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

does any one know where i can get a phi lipo holder? the one for large packs?
cheers my local can get it
__________________
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #2814
Tech Master
 
smoke81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,224
Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
does any one know where i can get a phi lipo holder? the one for large packs?
cheers my local can get it
http://www.corallyusa.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=SRC79863!SRC
__________________
Dustin Layne
smoke81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #2815
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

couple questions:
1: how long do drive shaft blades last with delrin spool?
2: how to i get the bearings out their holders?
3: how do i get the out drive support rings of the delrin spool?
cheers guys
__________________
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #2816
Tech Fanatic
 
zacabrandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 913
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey Josh, how did you end up going today?

Is the car a good thing compared to the others you've run?

Cheers
Aaron
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #2817
Tech Master
 
ChristopherKee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
does any one know where i can get a phi lipo holder? the one for large packs?
cheers my local can get it

These three sites have real time inventory and are probably your best source for corally parts.

www.ampdraw.com
www.superiorhobbies.com
www.stormerhobbies.com
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #2818
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
couple questions:
1: how long do drive shaft blades last with delrin spool?
2: how to i get the bearings out their holders?
3: how do i get the out drive support rings of the delrin spool?
cheers guys
1. Depends on a lot of things. When driving outside the blades stay in good shape for a long time. At least 2 days, after that I change just to be sure. When driving on a short indoor carpet track I have to change blades +/- 2 times a day. (when training approx. 15 runs)

2. When you get the retainingclip off it not that hard to get the bearings out. You can use a screwdriver or something like that to push it out from the other side. Don't push to hard, you can damage the bearing. And the bearing will come out easily, so you don't even have to.

3. Get a screwdriver or something behind the ring, than you can easily pull it out.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:35 AM   #2819
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Has anyone tried the new rear vertical ballstud uprights? Was wondering what to expect. I should have mine soon. Will post up my thoughts.
I've tried time a couple times now, and I really like them, you've got a lot more possibilities for your roll center, because you can add shims between the ballstud and the upright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
ok are the pro's using tamiya shocks or the kit phi shocks?
I'm using the standard Corally PHI shocks.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:04 AM   #2820
Tech Regular
 
Holmenkollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
1. Depends on a lot of things. When driving outside the blades stay in good shape for a long time. At least 2 days, after that I change just to be sure. When driving on a short indoor carpet track I have to change blades +/- 2 times a day. (when training approx. 15 runs)

2. When you get the retainingclip off it not that hard to get the bearings out. You can use a screwdriver or something like that to push it out from the other side. Don't push to hard, you can damage the bearing. And the bearing will come out easily, so you don't even have to.

3. Get a screwdriver or something behind the ring, than you can easily pull it out.
Tamiya blades are a direct fit and seems to last a little longer. They΄re made of a stronger plastic than the Corally ones.
__________________
Xray - Hobbywing - Graupner
Holmenkollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team corally rdx phi A.Galenski R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-28-2008 06:22 PM
Team Corally RDX TWISTED Australia For Sale/Trade 7 02-05-2007 04:34 PM
Team Corally RDX Bear55 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-10-2006 03:18 PM
Team Corally Assassin 1449 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-20-2003 11:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:20 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net