R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #241
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Hey, that sounds fair........ I'll sweetin the deal by making it 2 Phi cars for the STi.

Jeff

Must be "FUZZY" Math....!!!!???

1 - WRX STi equals 85 Phi's.......!!!

I could open my own Corally PHi Dealership!!!

I can drive it to VEGAS for ya...!
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #242
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
You're right. Look at how many people bought Surikarn/Hara Cyclone editions based on the color preference...they could have easily just sold one color, but sales would not have been as good as what they got by offering 2 or 3 different colors- counting the original black version Cyclone. Its meaningless performance wise, but its a factor.
I would say that people bought the Hara edition because it came with upgrades that were not included in the black car. I would also guess that the people that bought the Surikarn kit, bought it because they wanted the upgrades but couldn't stand the ugly purple car. The PHI comes out of the box ready to race. No cheap version with a World's Edition to follow. Send it to the anodizer if you want a different color. Hobby shops can't keep up with cars and parts as it is. Why make them offer different colors?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #243
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
I would say that people bought the Hara edition because it came with upgrades that were not included in the black car. I would also guess that the people that bought the Surikarn kit, bought it because they wanted the upgrades but couldn't stand the ugly purple car. The PHI comes out of the box ready to race. No cheap version with a World's Edition to follow. Send it to the anodizer if you want a different color. Hobby shops can't keep up with cars and parts as it is. Why make them offer different colors?
Yeh, I totally agree, Alot of the cars in the pits with fancy colours are parts that are 'upgrades' or not included in lower kits - they show off the bling by shouting i'm not stock... but the Corallys dont need upgrades its all there ready to go in essentially one kit. I dont mind seeing a 'carpet spec' kit and a 'uk spec' etc as they're just a more purpose built version.... besides i think the corallys look great. Its very easy to go and get your parts anodized if people insist on 'all one colour parts'

Cant wait for the phi!!
monstercol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #244
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just amazing, you can say it doesn't matter, but walking through the pits at last weeks race in MD, revealed that a huge part of this hobby is surrounding yourself with kool stuff. 90% of the time is spent in the pits. It's overwhelming to see the lengths that most go to in order to have matching chargers,cars, power supplies, set-up wheels, alignment jigs, towels, shirts,hats, equip racks, fancy haulers and blue lit fans and on and on. People do spend money on it. That means some company is making money selling it.
Thanks to all that suggested that I look into aftermarket anodising. I figured it would be hundreds of dollars whether it was a few parts or a few hundred. Perhaps it's not that much? If it's $60-70 I'll jump on it. I was only questioning WHY the decision was made to offer zero choice to the Xray/Corally customer?

Last edited by catcars; 03-31-2007 at 01:59 PM.
catcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #245
Tech Apprentice

Yeh, some pits host some serious bling!!

Getting parts anodised doesnt cost a great deal,well alot cheaper than it would be to upgrade all your alloy parts to a different colour (if it was an option) I could get my car anodised for 40.... but i personally think the corallys look really sweet.

One point to bare in mind, alot of these fancy alloy colours are aftermarket parts that you see flying round the pits, When you look at other cars you often see a whole host of parts from companies like speed racing, JAAD Racing, Jet Racing, 3 Racing, IRS, and many more companies... But the corallys have almost zero support from all these guys.... I'd like to think thats not because they want to make a 'better colour hub' thats because the corally parts work... we dont need to say 'dont get the corally ones they suck, buy the jet racing ones' Corally seem to do it right and i love that.
monstercol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:27 PM   #246
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I had to choose my first car. I went online and studied for two weeks. The X-ray website is amazing. I went to buy one at my LHS. When I got there, I saw all the diff cars. 1/12th or 1/10th ? Asked around, saw what most were racing and I feel I made the right choice. I bought an RDX (and mini),in spite of zero color. The chassis is stunning for sure. I chose it over the x-ray because it had more metal parts.
Ya ever notice how quick a set of HPI(?) purple shocks sell on the 4sale section? They must really improve handling. At any given moment there's 50-80 guys (like me) lurking like vultures for the next batch of stuff to appear.
catcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #247
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcars
Just amazing, you can say it doesn't matter, but walking through the pits at last weeks race in MD, revealed that a huge part of this hobby is surrounding yourself with kool stuff. 90% of the time is spent in the pits. It's overwhelming to see the lengths that most go to in order to have matching chargers,cars, power supplies, set-up wheels, alignment jigs, towels, shirts,hats, equip racks, fancy haulers and blue lit fans and on and on. People do spend money on it. That means some company is making money selling it.
Thanks to all that suggested that I look into aftermarket anodising. I figured it would be hundreds of dollars whether it was a few parts or a few hundred. Perhaps it's not that much? If it's $60-70 I'll jump on it. I was only questioning WHY the decision was made to offer zero choice to the Xray/Corally customer?

Perhaps that purple/blue anodising is Fugly...Anodising doesnt sell kits ,its the companies that buy all the drivers that fuel the market..Remember Trinity back in the day..? They had all the big names everybody was running Trinity even if there stuff was wack, If your company dont have a face you cant sell anything..Maxtec did it too to compete with Trinity bought some big names like Baker, Hodapp, Furutani and the famous Sorab Tavikoli even in the early days of Maxtec they had the young 16 year old Chris Tosolini ..

Now in the days of two new cars a year ( thanks tamiya and X-ray) you have to have the biggest names to promote your company and its the Names that drive the cars that sell the cars..Tamiya is losing ground to X-ray , you dont really have to have a good product to sell kits..If traxxes had x-rays money they would kill themselfs tommorow..

Number one R/C company is Traxxes and they dont have a team ..
RTRs are the biggest seller right now, not TC............
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #248
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to matrox
Talking

my phi is going to come tomorrow. hehehe any deal's I was kidding no deal Corally RDX PHI

Corally RDXPhi
matrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #249
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstercol
I'd like to think thats not because they want to make a 'better colour hub' thats because the corally parts work... we dont need to say 'dont get the corally ones they suck, buy the jet racing ones' Corally seem to do it right and i love that.
I think you'll find out the reason is, Corally are nearly inexistent in asia, and all those after market companies are in asia. They make parts for the most popular cars, and corallys aren't that popular.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #250
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I think you'll find out the reason is, Corally are nearly inexistent in asia, and all those after market companies are in asia. They make parts for the most popular cars, and corallys aren't that popular.

Corally has a huge team in Japan tho, they really like simple looking cars most guys that have a RDX think its a piece of art work...

Old 04-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Corally has a huge team in Japan tho, they really like simple looking cars most guys that have a RDX think its a piece of art work...

A team doesn't mean there are a lot of pple using them. It's like over here in the UK, they aren't that popular.

Piece of art work, maybe, but what I ask from a car is to perform
Old 04-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #252
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
A team doesn't mean there are a lot of pple using them. It's like over here in the UK, they aren't that popular.

Piece of art work, maybe, but what I ask from a car is to perform

If you ever seen Japanese R/C mag , you will see that Corally has more guys running its car compared to Tamiya users..Blue might be better , but all around car RDX over ANY Tamiya any day..

It seems that Tamiya has only a couple of guys left for one Reinhard only runs the car cause his dad is Dicky Tamiya the biggest importer for Tamiya in Germany..As soon as his dad drops the Tamiya line he wont go any were..

Its sad to say that his cars are like F1 one off originals that will never go into production..

Good luck with your blue car sir...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #253
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to OllieRDX

Hi,

Your PHI is coming?
No it isn't ready yet!
The spurgear holder, one way and spool aren't ready yet! the diff and pulleys are coming this week!
So why would you have a PHI!

Greetings Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrox
my phi is going to come tomorrow. hehehe any deal's I was kidding no deal Corally RDX PHI
Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #254
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
If you ever seen Japanese R/C mag , you will see that Corally has more guys running its car compared to Tamiya users..Blue might be better , but all around car RDX over ANY Tamiya any day..

It seems that Tamiya has only a couple of guys left for one Reinhard only runs the car cause his dad is Dicky Tamiya the biggest importer for Tamiya in Germany..As soon as his dad drops the Tamiya line he wont go any were..

Its sad to say that his cars are like F1 one off originals that will never go into production..

Good luck with your blue car sir...
Err for once ther is no price comparison nor built quality comparison to be made, no offence but tamiya's better on both sides. Besides it doesn't fall apart at the first tap, and you don't need to threadlock every screw
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I'm interested to see how the GTB fits in the car.