R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #61
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser
Put a throwaway set of wheels on the car bolted as normal. Take a second set of tires and CA around the perimeter and attach to the first set of tires. Enjoy the shaow as they cannot reach the wheelnuts to remove either set of tires.

Return to track to find Chair and all of the tools Shoo gooed to the floor table etc......
rchoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #62
Tech Master

the last one i did was to take someone's pit spot and reroute all his elec. wire's. yep, soldering iron lead, chargers , dischargers. everything.
sorry ty, but you shouldn't leave your pit unattended for weeks on end
rchoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #63
Tech Adept

replace shock oil with milk....... lol
juanfinesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #64
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to |<R1Z |>

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfinesse
replace shock oil with milk....... lol
ya.... or epoxy. 30 minute cure so that the car "changes" during a race.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #65
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

At the off road worlds in 99 somebody did glue all of Mark Pavidis stuff on to the table at the track(lamp/wrenches/ect ect)

And Barry Baker did drive 4 qualifing heat with a broken wheelbearing that he did get from a AE guy (it was supposed to be a joke but no one told him that)
HappyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is a racers from Illinois who's nickname is Jugghead. He liked to glue peoples shoes to the driver's stand with CA while they were driving.

A couple of years ago at the Novak Race someone got him back by servo taping all his tools and cell phone to the ceiling above his pits upstairs at S&N Trackside. He didn't see it and had no idea where they "hid" his stuff. After about 20 minutes of muffled laughter someone called his cell phone which ran a few feet over his head showing him where all his stuff was.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #67
Tech Addict

2 years ago at a local trophy race at my home track 2 of my buddies put some shock oil on my 12th scale tires...oh man I was going nuts wondering why the car wasen't hooking up.

The next year we had a problem with the track, a lose screw took a chunk out of the carpet so the same two guys who did the shock oil trick on me loosened a screw on my chassis put strans of carpet wrapped around the screw that they loosened out of the chassis. The owners thought I tore the carpet for awhile too.

I still race weekly with the one we're now actually team mates with eXpress lol They both know I am going to return the pranks to them... I'm just going to get them when they least expect it

Thanks for the tips guys
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So what is the likelihood of practical jokes increasing over the next several weeks as a result of this thread? I may need to avoid the track for a while...
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #69
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
There is a racers from Illinois who's nickname is Jugghead. He liked to glue peoples shoes to the driver's stand with CA while they were driving.

A couple of years ago at the Novak Race someone got him back by servo taping all his tools and cell phone to the ceiling above his pits upstairs at S&N Trackside. He didn't see it and had no idea where they "hid" his stuff. After about 20 minutes of muffled laughter someone called his cell phone which ran a few feet over his head showing him where all his stuff was.
They didn't use servo tape, they used all his wrenches and stuck them into the celing tiles

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
They didn't use servo tape, they used all his wrenches and stuck them into the celing tiles
.....that wasn’t his stuff it was another racers stuff that was stuck into the ceiling tiles. Juggs had his body servo taped to the back of the door to the room so he couldn’t find it....then he took out his super glue and glued A-lo's car to his car stand and the stand to his pit board....

The best thing to do is to walk over a neat pit setup and Glue every single thing in place to the pit towel.....Cyril is great at that...

And the way to get someone back for doing that is to walk over dump a bottle of super glue on said person's pit board so when they touch the board their hands get all full of super glue....
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Someone squirted some silicone shock oil into a kids can of Paragon at a carpet race a few weeks ago. That wasn't nice at all.

FYI, In FL....

Don't leave money on your pit table or some one will CA it in place.

Don't bust on Butter's mom or he will cry.

Don't bust on TurboDog's mom...she' dead. Bust on his sister instead.

Don't thow balled up napkins at P-Dub during dinner or he will thow a full bowl of melted cheese at you.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to D Hunt 3

Couple weeks ago I got everything ducked tape together and my wrenches were in a big ball and my pop bottle was glued shut. So I soldered the person's motor wires backwards (for a qual not main) but he rebuilt the motor that round so I didn't get revenge. He will get it though...
D Hunt 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Stratus
2 years ago at a local trophy race at my home track 2 of my buddies put some shock oil on my 12th scale tires...oh man I was going nuts wondering why the car wasen't hooking up.

The next year we had a problem with the track, a lose screw took a chunk out of the carpet so the same two guys who did the shock oil trick on me loosened a screw on my chassis put strans of carpet wrapped around the screw that they loosened out of the chassis. The owners thought I tore the carpet for awhile too.

I still race weekly with the one we're now actually team mates with eXpress lol They both know I am going to return the pranks to them... I'm just going to get them when they least expect it

Thanks for the tips guys
I sware the shock oil thing on the tires wasn't me. But I will take credit for making you think you were the guy that tore the carpet...lol.

One time during a race a guy came up to a driver on the drivers stand and pulled his pants down. He didn't have any boxers on, and he kept racing.
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Many ago I watched a guy fill another racers offroad vehicles belt drive transmission with Doritos.

As I recall, it escalated pretty harshly, and finally ended up with one guys pit box beind completely CA'd shut, every door, every lid, everything, and the other guys $300 sunglasses glued to the tent...

Got pretty cruel at the end, and those guys were not the best of freinds for a while. So be careful.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Forgot about a "painless" classic.

The setup, bring a lit cigarette to the starting grid where you are holding your buddies car (works best indoors where there is no wind). When he's not looking, take a Seriously big drag off of the cigarette and lightly "puff" it up under the body. Then simply yell "DUDE, YOUR CAR"!!!

Smoke is billowing out from under the body when he looks over and sees it. Gets 'em every time, and it should, it looks like it's just melting down. Usually the guy will leap off the stand and run to the car. And is usually so relieved his car is not trashed that you get off without retaliation.

I've done it twice, and seen it done one other time.

<--does not smoke.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote