R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Double-sided taped someone's radio to the pit desk. The funny thing was the double-sided tape was useless to stick anything to carbon fibre, but it was that strong that he couldn't get his radio off the desk. Took him about half an hour, but it was during the lunch break so he didn't miss any racing.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

here's a few of my stories...

i was in a pretty low main at the 2001 on-road nats with one of my mains. we bumped wheels many many times during the race, but toward the end i kind of bumped his car out of the ballpark . afterward, i just kind of packed up my stuff and went on my merry way. the next weekend i went to a somewhat local track to race, put my car down on the track, and it went nuts. this fool swapped my servo and my speedo and then re-calibrated the speedo and re-centered the servo. after i found out what was wrong, the car still didn't drive right. turns out all the shocks and camber links were in different holes and he re-set the ride height and camber.

also a few years ago, maybe 2002 or so, another friend of mine was hurrying to get his car on the local carpet track for his main. he totally changed the setup, tossed me the car and said "can you tweak this for me?" i put the car on the tweak station and it was soooo bad there was no way to fix it. ride height was all off, camber out of whack, etc... and the main was about to start. i put his car on the track, gave him the thumbs up, and he went on to win the main
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

russb--really, you would really do that.. i think it was your tweak station that was screwed up!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains
russb--really, you would really do that.. i think it was your tweak station that was screwed up!!!
you should know, it was your car
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #35
Tech Addict

i always take my friends car to the grid and when he signals that he has his transmitter on, i pretend to turn on his car. I dont of course and i set it down and it wont work. Always gets em panicking

Then at the last minute i do really turn it on and all is well. Simple yet amusing
Sleighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #36
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

last year at carpet wars the stock "championship winner" ended up in the lowest final due to issues throughout the day.

As he had already enough points to win, a small plastic cone was taped to his roof, and he was given a 4 lap handicap for the first round of finals. He still won by 2 laps i believe.

Second Finals he was given a larger handicap and a stop go penalty every lap and i think he came second.

Just goes to show that even the top guys have a sense of humour and it was good entertainment for the last round of the CARPET WARS series in 2005/2006.

UK indoor racing at its best.

"You aint going fast enough, if you aint Full Throttle"
Currently slow due to : Bad thumbs and no motors :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:12 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Simple one, just undo one of their rollbar links, car will never work properly!
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #38
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just heard a story last night. A racer had a bad night said heck with it, I'm going to eat. And while he was gone His friend took his buggy apart into piece's. I said and how did he reactt to that ? He said he got madder. But he was done for the night any way. It's fuuny this thread came up. We were telling lots of stories last night. This might be a fun thread. Last night the TQ guy had to roll the dice to see where he would start in the line up and he had to start dead last. He freak'n won buy a lap.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

Errrrm well the attached pic shows it all! A mate left to marshall, and came back to find his car, muchmore motor cooler and a pack of cells taped to the wall!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Funny stuff to do to someone's car-car-wall2.jpg  
Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Here's a simple one that doesn't hurt anyone's vehicle. After someone packs up for the night, find a spot in their stuff to hide a opened can of tuna, left-over food or some other foul smelling item.

Or like my team did to me...switch the spark plug wires on my rental. Wow, it will run like $hit and the catalytic converters smell awful. Not to mention the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #41
Tech Addict

A good one is to double sided tape someones bodyshell to the roof. kinda only works if your indoors tho oh it also works for fones its funny when you fone it and its riniging on the roof and they cant find it
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

- Put one front tire on rear and one rear tire on front. Turns are fun
- Loosen the wheel nuts
- Put the shocks on upside down

I've seen all those done.

I had a brand new body written all over with a sharpie marker. Luckily sharpie comes off quite easily off lexan with a bit of nitro fuel.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #43
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Poor a full bag of pop corn all over their pits....Happend to me at the 2006 Minnesota Off-road champs because i spent my spare time cleaning my pit spot and makign it look nice lol
Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #44
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2dude
last year at carpet wars the stock "championship winner" ended up in the lowest final due to issues throughout the day.

As he had already enough points to win, a small plastic cone was taped to his roof, and he was given a 4 lap handicap for the first round of finals. He still won by 2 laps i believe.

Second Finals he was given a larger handicap and a stop go penalty every lap and i think he came second.

Just goes to show that even the top guys have a sense of humour and it was good entertainment for the last round of the CARPET WARS series in 2005/2006.

UK indoor racing at its best.

The First Final was the Stop go pete along with the laps handicap, with the car taped to the carpet for the start

The second final it was a Mr C grainger taped a cone to the roof followed by more than several stop gos and 2 wheeled moments, and as for small cone I think not It stood higher than the car

It was more than interesting to drive though

I believe there is a video of it around somewhere
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Put a throwaway set of wheels on the car bolted as normal. Take a second set of tires and CA around the perimeter and attach to the first set of tires. Enjoy the shaow as they cannot reach the wheelnuts to remove either set of tires.

Return to track to find Chair and all of the tools Shoo gooed to the floor table etc......