R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   kinda new to RC plz read this!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/13916-kinda-new-rc-plz-read.html)

weary_raven 02-24-2003 05:07 PM

kinda new to RC plz read this!!!

what up??

im pretty new to the RC world an would like sum guidance on weather or not the RC10DS qualifyer kit is a good on-road/carpet racing vehicle.... any help will be greatly appreciated :)

70mph pan car 02-24-2003 05:49 PM

no, don't get it!!

weary_raven 02-24-2003 05:58 PM

why not?? is there an alternitive car in the same price range that would be better?

Cyclonus 02-24-2003 07:10 PM

Are you looking for an oval car or just any kit thats that cheap?

weary_raven 02-24-2003 08:53 PM

im looking for a car that can run on-road...well i dont know the RC lingo but like the tracks that are shaped wierd, like a go-cart tracks and carpet ovals. does any of this make sense? and be able to be competetive. see? told ya i was a bit new :)

thanks for replying to my post cyclonus hope what i hae explained above helps :)

futureal 02-24-2003 09:19 PM

You would want to find out the exact type of racing being done in your area. "On road" could mean a few things: touring sedans, pan cars, twelfth scale, etc. Most likely, though, you are thinking of touring sedans, since they remain the most popular among the afore-mentioned classes.

Competitive touring sedans (1/10th scale) include, but are not limited to:

Losi XXX-S
Associated TC3
Yokomo MR4-TC
X-Ray T1
Schumacher Mission
Tamiya TAO4
Tamiya 414M
Tamiya TB Evolution
HPI RS4 Pro 3

I'm sure there are some I have missed. But with any of the above cars, you would be reasonably competitive.

gotpez 02-25-2003 05:14 AM

The BEST way to figure out what car to buy is to go to the track on race day and see what most of the fast drivers are using. Most likely this will be either the Associated TC3 or the Losi XXXS. These are both very competetive kits and you should be able to get parts at most hobby shops.

By running a popular car, it will give you access to other racers who can help you get the car working properly. This is also a good indicator that parts support for the car will be available in your area. It is no fun breaking something on race day and having to go home because nobody has the parts.

The RC10DS is a kit that Associated put out many years ago. It was 'kind of' a touring car, but it was based on their off-road buggy. It was never received very well, definitely stay away from it.

Cyclonus 02-25-2003 07:54 AM

Those cars are a bit more evpensive than the one you were looking at though. If you get an RTR version such as a TC3 RTR or a XXX-S Sport though, you will probably end up spending a little more, but you will end up with a way better car.

weary_raven 02-25-2003 09:33 AM

ok thanks alot guys ill try to get to the track an check out what the other guys are running. i will also look into the tc3 and losi xxxs.