Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viktor Wilck JoinsTamiya

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Viktor Wilck JoinsTamiya

18 year old Swedish driver,one of the most talented RC drivers in the world, Viktor Wilck has left Team XRAY and joined Tamiya.
However, He will still use MuchMore, SMC products.

Source: http://rcforum.co.kr/news
Old 12-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

atleast some of the other car makers are getting a look in for up coming talent
instead buying every one in sight just to flood the A`s withxray drivers
good ploy ,& it does work
Old 12-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
atleast some of the other car makers are getting a look in for up coming talent
instead buying every one in sight just to flood the A`s withxray drivers
good ploy ,& it does work
How sad and misinformed you are!!! No one puts a gun to any drivers head and forces them to change teams. Manufacturers can make offers all day long but it is ultimately up to the DRIVER to change teams.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Viktor Wilck JoinsTamiya
My prediction that I posted on my blog exactly 3 weeks ago today was quite accurate then!

Check my post from November 14 here:
http://kentech.blogs.se/2006/11/14/silly_season~1328886

If you check my latest entry from today you will get another scoop and update to my 3 week old post...

http://kentech.blogs.se
Old 12-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
How sad and misinformed you are!!! No one puts a gun to any drivers head and forces them to change teams. Manufacturers can make offers all day long but it is ultimately up to the DRIVER to change teams.

How sad and illiterate you are!!! Nobody said they were threatened to get them to join ..we'll call it.. team "X" . Money walks, and when it comes to buying up all of the good drivers, there are plenty of companies that do it, but some do it more than others. Just look at the prices of current touring cars vs touring cars from 2-3 years ago. Same materials, yet the cars are $100-200 more now. The price of the materials hasn't increased THAT much. The price increase is to cover the cost of paying for such a large racing team.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kentech
My prediction that I posted on my blog exactly 3 weeks ago today was quite accurate then!

http://kentech.blogs.se
The only thing new is

Marc Tamiya ----) Kyosho

that would be funny? red car? blue motor?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Good god tamiya seem to have signed everyone!
They have The ex world champ, the current world champ (spash) and possibly a future one.
Good signing
Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serzoni
How sad and illiterate you are!!! Nobody said they were threatened to get them to join ..we'll call it.. team "X" . Money walks, and when it comes to buying up all of the good drivers, there are plenty of companies that do it, but some do it more than others. Just look at the prices of current touring cars vs touring cars from 2-3 years ago. Same materials, yet the cars are $100-200 more now. The price of the materials hasn't increased THAT much. The price increase is to cover the cost of paying for such a large racing team.

Fred, man, lay off he's right... RC America and XRay (oh sorry team 'X' (I hope this is slightly more funny than the same joke made above by this cool guy)) (in Europe) just throw money at drivers to try to get them to run their car. No driver has ever called us (team 'X') to run the car, we (team 'X') have to throw money around to get good team drivers. No driver has ever called us (team 'X') because one of their other main sponsors told them if they wanted to make money, they better get a car that can win, and turned around and called us (team 'X') first, asking us (team 'X') to run our (team 'X') car, this has never happened. This guy is also not the present winning-est american driver. None of this happened, serzoni works at team 'X' europe and america, so he knows what's going on.

Oh yeah, and the kit situation... Yeah, the new team 'X' car is now $580US because the FK'05 (random kit name I just made up) was $380 in the year(s) 2004/2005. Oh wait, there I'm wrong again, in that this new T2'007 (yet another random kit name I thought sounded cool) kit is only $30 over the price of an FK'05 (same kit as the aforementioned 04/05 car)... ($30 increase over two/three years, helps pay the hundreds of thousands we (team 'X') must be paying to our (team 'X') drivers.)

One last thing, doesn't the saying go; Money TALKS, B.S. walks?

I'd follow the saying you presented, and start walking...
Old 12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Huh?? Rocco, lay off the caffeine
Old 12-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

lets be nice guys. We all know who has the biggest team in the US. I run one the smallest, we have three drivers one drives a xray T2, one drives a tamiya,the other drives a HPI pro4. they all run crc 12th scale. It would be nice to have a large budget and all driver use the same car, but all we give them are t-shirts and stickers for their cars and they happy.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

It's good to hear that he joined Tamiya!!!

Hope he will bring some victories for Tamiya.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

let`s be nice & have fun
hey i have a good reason to have a go at the aussie`s (Ashes) they are whooping the Brit`s arse`s ,But we do have a laugh on the ashe`s thread about it ,take a chill pill

Go Tamiya yeah (no i haven`t got one