Wiki Posts
Search

Helios + Spektrum DSM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Helios + Spektrum DSM?

Looking to get a Ko Propo Helios and Spektrum DSM. The question is, is it worth it? Ive heard people in support of it, and people who dont like it. so now im asking you guys. Whats your take on it? Is it relieable? does it work well in race situations? Are there glitching errors? tell me what you think! thanks in advanced!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been using spektrum since it came out and the first generation stunk!!! Spektrum has fixed all these problems and I sent my old recievers back for the update and bought some new ones and they have all been flawless. I'm using the JR Z1 with the KO module.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am using a Helios with Spektrum and no issues what so ever. Never a glitch or shutdown. Some of my receivers are from when it first came out and work just fine.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Helios and Spektrum Pro system was my first setup. Very nice not having to worry about sharing channels. No glitching.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:47 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Works very good and reliable. I also had some problems with shutdown last winter but a software-update on the receiver solved this. No more problems until now. The micro-receiver had the new software from the beginning. Never will go back.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The inital problems were in the older receivers, now there all fixed. Any spektrum system you buy today will be trouble free. The Ko radio is simply awesome, I added the drop down wheel to mine and will probably keep it for as long as I'm in R/C. Nothing out there feels as good.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I use both the Ko Helios and Spektrum DSM units in my 1/8 onroad gas, 1/12, and 1/10 electric cars under race condictions. Just like hobbipro said, the earlier receivers had problems. If your vehicle received a shock, the receiver would shut down and you would have to cycle the switch to get it working again. Since then, the pro was released and those who have the older version are intitled to a free software upgrade. I have sent mine in and havent had any problems.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

awsome. well that decides that one hehe. now all i have to do is find a way to get a hold of the helios. everyone in my area is out of stock hehe. guess its just a tesimate to Ko Propo and the Helios. thanks again guys.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default dsm

JR-Z1 with the DSM pro setup...best system I've used in RC...PERIOD. I'll also never go back.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

You can get the Helios TX only direct from KO Propo. Then pick up the Spektrum kit. That's the cheapest way.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...0.1053.0.0.0.0