R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

This site most definitely did not cause any viruses on your pc. Others your kids may have visited I can't say, more likely are they running software for file sharing or downloading music?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Oh and pit bull just go faster is an original. Was not influenced, but if you want I'll gladly change it. I'll probably change it from time to time any way.
Consider that a hand shake! The stuff I read on here sometime's change's my view's if you know what I mean. Later, Pit bully Just kidd'n!! Read you all later.
Nah man, do your thing. It's actually refreshing to see someone who is as arrogant and pompous as myself. I had to tone it down because people got their feelings hurt (oh well).

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #108
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Hey pitbull my oldest is in the Army reserves. Are you military? My son just moved to Jersey. He's a good dentist in the making curently selling pharmecuticals in the field. How about that. I sure wish he was a racer I'd hook you two up. He's a good man.
Two years Army, four years United States Marine Corps. Been out for a few but live everyday military OO-God-damn-rah! I too had to learn about short handed verbiage. People didnt take to kindly to me telling them how ignorant they appeared typing in thread shorthand...I had to learn that quick. Long posts are considered BLAH BLAH BLAH and usually piss people off.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #109
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray
This site most definitely did not cause any viruses on your pc. Others your kids may have visited I can't say, more likely are they running software for file sharing or downloading music?
You cant say that. With as money people come onto the boards, you can never be sure who has what on their machine and infecting other folks by using the boards, this one as well as many others.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
You cant say that. With as money people come onto the boards, you can never be sure who has what on their machine and infecting other folks by using the boards, this one as well as many others.
This is getting pretty off topic, but really the only way you could do that would be to link to another site that is infected and he would have had to click the link, you can't like PM someone a virus through forum software. If the whole forum was infected people would know.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Un4Racing - You know our paths may cross at some time. Do you race on the rug, dirt or pavement? I run in Denver on the rug in the winter and pavement summer time. I'm looking at going to Omaha mid March for thier on road race, and we have our big race the week befor. PM me if your interesed and I'll e-mail you the flyers.

You would fit with our group of racers!!!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #112
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray
This is getting pretty off topic, but really the only way you could do that would be to link to another site that is infected and he would have had to click the link, you can't like PM someone a virus through forum software. If the whole forum was infected people would know.
Your right, it is off topic. I take it you are either a tech or a computer geek. Either way, It isnt impossible. I saw an entire HPI Savage forum hacked, so lets not say it is impossible.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #113
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Pit bull your right people can be thin skined. Thats why from time to time I make sure before I write. I for one as you can exspect stand straight for ya.
Men like you give us all a back bone back home. Proud to meet ya on here.
Any how no offense hang'n out is never off topic. This stupid computer is though. Sure hope santa over night's mine.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #114
Tech Lord

Grenade mostly carpet. Done it all except GAS SEDAN AND 8TH SCALE GAS.
I'm sure you may have heard of pink hill real rc race way. thats where I got started Off road. Now I race at Fastlane raceway blue springs mo. Indoor carpet. 10th sedan 4300 brushless lipo foam, and loving it more to come on that. Going back out doors this summer part time for some buggy I hope. If we can get some brushless lipo going. Currently Debating getting a losi or an rdx. I like the rdx. But that losi is the future car for lipo racers. Tuff desision.
I'll get a pm to you soon.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #115
Tech Lord

Mike xray you have to be into PC's? I fought my wife on that same topic. But a friend said that when the site is down (rctech), dont keep trying to get in. Just let it rest. Rest your fingers grass hopper, that it could glitch me or some thing like that. I could open but the darn thing would freeze then work then freeze. 2 comps are still retarded today. Of coarse thats why I'm getting my own.
Any how your right to a degree. Enough hand shaking and butt smacking.
On to the next post.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #116
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Your right, it is off topic. I take it you are either a tech or a computer geek. Either way, It isnt impossible. I saw an entire HPI Savage forum hacked, so lets not say it is impossible.
Yes I am an IT geek and yes like I said, the entire forum can get hacked/corrupted/infected whatever you want to call it, but if he got a virus from here say without clicking a bad link, we all would get it. I have plenty of software that would let me know if this forum had issues
Old 12-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #117
Tech Lord

Heres a thought? It's called a hobby. I understand its a model, a craft, a toy If you will.
But throw in the agility and skill to marshall?
Keep up with out watching the race, put the car back on the right side of the pipe, get to it like its your son on a T/Q run.
And have you ever tryed to catch a gas truck run away?
Add all that up, And I think we should be able to call it a sport, dont you?
We'd get televised support nation wide!
I never hear any one say sport?
Not to mention the compitition level is higher than formula 1.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #118
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Smile

Do you guys want to have fun with your 1/10 scale cars without having to worry about the continuing arms race? Drift your RCs. Have drift meets that are judged the same way that the 1:1 drifters are judged. People are matched up against each other head to head in 2 runs. Runs are judged by angle and speed of the runs. Points taken off for hitting the other car, cones, etc... You win if the guy chasing can't keep up or if you are chasing and you stay close or pass the lead car. You don't need the best motors, the freshest packs or even the best chassis. It's all about setup and the driver. What's best is ABS tires last a long time.

I'm serious about this. I know alot of you guys are scoffing right now or even laughing your asses off at this post but I bet if someone asked Yokomo what's making them money these days, they'll say drift. If you ask Tamiya the same thing, they'll say that their drifting products are picking up.

I help run a website called http://www.drccentral.com and we get guys coming on there saying that they are former racers and they love how laid back rc drifting is and the long run times they get with their packs. It's just that much more enjoyable. It's a good way to resurrect an old chassis and have some fun.

Since I bought my rc drift car, I've purchased 2 more chassis. I plan on trying some racing. Hopefully more rc drifters do the same and more racers try out drifting.

Keep the fun and camaraderie #1 on your list when you go to the track and you'll never get sick of this hobby.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #119
Tech Lord

Aries I'm not into that. But it sure would be cool to play around with.
And to put a plug out. I can see how that would be good practice, to help a dirt racer power through a turn faster.
LOOKING AT YOUR AVATAR MAKES ME WANT ONE.
I 'm not laughing. It may be my next craze.
I went from dirt to carpet. Maybe if I get tiered of sedan, I'll try it out.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #120
Tech Adept

Grenade: less typing, more tuning. you can't really have enough time to post on this thread with all the motors your tuning...........
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote