R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hardadz
Default 1/12th 4wd

as a shop owner i am interested in opinions about the new 1/12th 4WD vehilces that are coming out, and if they are something that people are going to be interested in for use in the US.
I would also like to commend the moderators in the response to the person that tried to list where items can be purchased at wholesale prices. It's about time that someone spoke up for the brick & mortar storefronts that have to pay taxes, utilities, insurance and RENT !! We strive very hard to make it in this industry and more like them should keep the scabs off the net.
THANK YOU !!
hardadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:21 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Sorry to say this, but online stores is where it is at.
This is how all business will be conducted in one form or another.

With online storefronts, you do not have the costs of 'bricks & mortor', employees wages, huge inventory, electricity, signage, etc.

This allows mucher lower overhead, which in return will allow less 'markup' and greater savings for the ultimate consumer.

Why should racers pay more just to keep someone's job?

There are huge advantages to offering services online.
S&H charges are dropping, it is becoming much easier to securely sell products online, and more and more racers prefer it!

The only existing LHS that will exist are ones that have a race track onsite, or have an online shop running out of the back office.

So don't complain, get onboard ... or get out of the way!
LMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:42 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LMAO--- yeah right!!! I know I prefer to deal with a human being I can see standing right infront of me.... I also like to be able to carry my stuff home and use it right away..... most of the time the difference isn't worth the shipping charges and headaches......

Hardadz- Do you have any links to see these new cars, I know I would concider one if for no other reason tha the cool factor... I know Kyosho built one many years ago that was chain driven,,,, looked cool!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
che
Tech Regular

Are these new 1/12th scale car touring car style?
Are they belt or shaft driven?
How are the electronics going to fit with even less space?

Any pics or URL's to these cars?
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
Tech Regular

We are waiting to get info from our Japanese contacts and we will give more details shortly. We are not sure but from what we have received for info it seems like they are shaft drive. They are also a touring car style and once again will give info as we receive it. We are in the process og trying to imprt several lines that people are currently looking for. As you have noticed we have not listed any shop name or contact info as we will have that posted on R/C Tech after we set up according to their rules. thanks
Old 02-23-2003, 03:53 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Default lmao

I take it your not an economics major from the response that you gave. Yes, i do have a retail shop with a track, i however do not run a e-shop out of the back room. My customers like the on hands feel of coming in ,looking and taking it home that day. If all your purchases are "on-line" you will eventually get burned , just ask.and to your response about complaining, i'm not , just know what it takes , and at the age of 30 you do not have all the answers.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:06 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Mingfinity

Quote:
Originally posted by che
Are these new 1/12th scale car touring car style?
Are they belt or shaft driven?
How are the electronics going to fit with even less space?

Any pics or URL's to these cars?
the size is exactly the same as the 210mm wheelbase size Tamiya M-chassis, but the MINI TC uses normal TC wheel.
Mingfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Leon

You buy it online, you can race it online. That's all I gotta say. You notice LMAO is also a wuss, he couldn't even say what he said with a true identity. He registered that name just to post up a message he knew would get shot down. Dumb. Besides, I get better deals at the brick and mortor shops anyway.

On the subject of the 12th scale sedans, I'm interested but I would say my hands are full due to having a 10th scale sedan and a 12th scale car. Who else but Yokomo is releasing a 4WD 12th scale?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Mingfinity

Quote:
Originally posted by Leon
You buy it online, you can race it online. That's all I gotta say. You notice LMAO is also a wuss, he couldn't even say what he said with a true identity. He registered that name just to post up a message he knew would get shot down. Dumb. Besides, I get better deals at the brick and mortor shops anyway.

On the subject of the 12th scale sedans, I'm interested but I would say my hands are full due to having a 10th scale sedan and a 12th scale car. Who else but Yokomo is releasing a 4WD 12th scale?
Xpress does that long time ago, but using MINI wheel.
also the old HPI MINI RS4, same size, just using MINI wheel as well
Mingfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:46 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

On the subject of 1/12th scale cars, it seems the more popular class is still the 1/10 touring. i mean HPI did have a very nice RS4 Mini that had a decent following but eventually died. The only semi successful series are the Tamiya M chassis, which Ming says is similar in size to your new 1/12th scale.

On the subject of where to buy, i think shop owners should concentrate on customer service and creating a good base of loyal and returning customers. Offer human service and experience that online shops cannot provide. Dont just sulk at online wholesalers and dwell in self pity. The hobby business can be a very competitive business. So be competitive.

hardadz: as a business owner you should know that consumers will try to find the best deal around. again be competitve. look at speedtechrc, i think they do a great job with competitive prices and still having great customer care. and no, i'm not a business major nor do i have the wisdom of an old monk. Just a 20 year old college student who is working through school part time at an LHS. you need to take a more positive attitude (even to naysayers of LHS like LMAO) instead of condemning people of not knowing anything b/c of age or other nonsense.

LMAO: I think LHS should and will always have a place in this hobby. A properly ran LHS is a great place to shop and setup races etc. Without hobbyshops and track, there would be no organized races, etc. And I think that would be a terrible shame.

BTW, Online shops are great places to check inventory when i make a big order. Usually whichever store has most or all of what i want in stock gets my business. I think more hobbyshops should setup websites with current inventory and even list race events if they have a track.

Last edited by icon; 02-23-2003 at 09:51 PM.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote