DHI Cup 2007

Old 01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
  #121  
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Originally Posted by PW
Curious about Ronald running "Bonded" over "Sintered". What are the advantage and disadvantages?
I guess he used bonded because they have higher rpm!
Eirik is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 02:25 PM
  #122  
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 513
Default

No he prefered bonded because of the brake feel and not any power or rpm issue. He did not require the additional power/torque which the sintered gives over the bonded on this technical track.
He could not test sintered much since it is not allowed for a very long time. He just didn't find a good personal setting for sintered yet since brake feel/"neutral slowdown" is very important for Ronald and his driving style.

It just is a good way to adapt motors further slightly and a simple swop since the rotors are identical apart from the magnet material. And with 5-cells reliability is definitely not an issue with either magnet type...

All other drivers ran sintered and were happy with the feel. So the bonded magnet was a "Ronald thing" and I did not try to convince him to use sintered since he did so well from the beginning...
burito is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 02:32 PM
  #123  
Tech Initiate
 
H.Nilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 45
Default

Originally Posted by Eirik
Look how happy she is there with me, LOL!!
Try this one !!!!!
www.misskarina.dk
H.Nilsson is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 02:32 PM
  #124  
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Originally Posted by burito
No he prefered bonded because of the brake feel and not any power or rpm issue. He did not require the additional power/torque which the sintered gives over the bonded on this technical track.
He could not test sintered much since it is not allowed for a very long time. He just didn't find a good personal setting for sintered yet since brake feel/"neutral slowdown" is very important for Ronald and his driving style.

It just is a good way to adapt motors further slightly and a simple swop since the rotors are identical apart from the magnet material. And with 5-cells reliability is definitely not an issue with either magnet type...

All other drivers ran sintered and were happy with the feel. So the bonded magnet was a "Ronald thing" and I did not try to convince him to use sintered since he did so well from the beginning...

Reto when can we expect the TC version to hit the shores of the UK and will there be a nosram version to match. I am so looking forward to the change to Brushless
Nathan Parker is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
  #125  
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Originally Posted by H.Nilsson
Try this one !!!!!
www.misskarina.dk
Nice one dude!!

I knew she had potential
Eirik is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
  #126  
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Man´s best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Originally Posted by H.Nilsson
Try this one !!!!!
www.misskarina.dk
Why am i not suppriced Håkan Nilsson found this link....
I bet he known her for years!!!!!!!!!!

A fair punishment is his blown batteries after " I just peak them once more"...
And then he vent 5-cell


Anders Myrberg is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 04:34 PM
  #127  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Default

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Why am i not suppriced Håkan Nilsson found this link....
I bet he known her for years!!!!!!!!!!

A fair punishment is his blown batteries after " I just peak them once more"...
And then he vent 5-cell


DOOH!

I saw that happen at the Snowbirds last year. When the battery vented, for some odd reason, it exploded and almost took the leg of a chair. It sounded like a bomb went off. Hope that wasnt the case here.
Alex Lopez is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:41 PM
  #128  
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Man´s best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
DOOH!

I saw that happen at the Snowbirds last year. When the battery vented, for some odd reason, it exploded and almost took the leg of a chair. It sounded like a bomb went off. Hope that wasnt the case here.
It was
Anders Myrberg is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:55 PM
  #129  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Originally Posted by Eirik
Look how happy she is there with me, LOL!!
Good thing that she was standing on number 2.....Otherwise she would be taller than you.
schnellfahrer is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 12:16 AM
  #130  
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Reto when can we expect the TC version to hit the shores of the UK and will there be a nosram version to match. I am so looking forward to the change to Brushless
Scheduled release date is/was end of January, but we have a delay of ~2 weeks because one component didn't make it in time. So as it looks right now they'll be sent to distributers mid of February.
burito is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 03:39 AM
  #131  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fin
Posts: 7
Default

Did Andy use oneway or spool? Which better?
Driving is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 03:47 AM
  #132  
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Originally Posted by Driving
Did Andy use oneway or spool? Which better?
Andy used a spool.
Marc was the only one using a one-way in the A-final I think...
Eirik is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 04:37 AM
  #133  
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Man´s best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

and Juho Levänen.
Anders Myrberg is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 04:40 AM
  #134  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Was the track sleepery or with a lot of grip???
Hugo is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 AM
  #135  
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Originally Posted by Hugo
Was the track sleepery or with a lot of grip???
I did not have much grip anyway, LOL!
Eirik is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.