R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC
Default XRAY T2 or Cyclone?

Ive been looking at race results from IFMAR, ROAR, and TITC. and im noticing the Cyclone is performing well. But i have also heard that the XRAY T2 is good as well. since this is my first high dollor tourer, id like to get the openions of those who have run them. thanks in advanced.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:37 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

same question here... but i guess it all boils down to which one has parts readilly available...
Old 11-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Tech Regular

either one will make a difference, as long as u can drive them. go for whatever you like better unless parts are too hard to get
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

I see, well id have to say the Cyclone is def. more available here. But is it worth it to get the Hara edition? or the Surikarn Edition? i looked at the Cyclone S and it doesnt seem like it is worth getting at all. but someone may prove me wrong. thanks again in advanced
Old 11-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

both are very good cars its all about prefrence
247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Consensus seems to be the Xray is less fragile. That's really nice if you're not the best driver. I can attest to the Xray's durability.

Parts availably at the LHS is isn't the end-all if you've got the budget to stock up on spares or if you've got a couple buddies who run the same car and will hook you up if you break something that the LHS doesn't have in stock.

There is something to say for being able to go grab the part you just broke off the rack. My luck was they were always out of what ever I just broke even with a giant selection. The Hara would be a good upgrade if you went with the Cyclone.

Both are great cars and you can't go wrong with either.

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:01 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I see, well id have to say the Cyclone is def. more available here. But is it worth it to get the Hara edition? or the Surikarn Edition? i looked at the Cyclone S and it doesnt seem like it is worth getting at all. but someone may prove me wrong. thanks again in advanced

Both hara and surikarn kits are discontinued, but the WC edition is coming out soon.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Both hara and surikarn kits are discontinued, but the WC edition is coming out soon.

Hara Edition is still available in the US... Tower Hobbies has them in stock.

recommend the WC Edition... it's only a few dollars more than the Hara and you get all the updated and new option parts

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Ive been looking at race results from IFMAR, ROAR, and TITC. and im noticing the Cyclone is performing well. But i have also heard that the XRAY T2 is good as well. since this is my first high dollor tourer, id like to get the openions of those who have run them. thanks in advanced.
Definitely cyclone!Easy to set up, easy to drive, the best choice in my opinion
benoitrdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I went with the t2r $200 can't go wrong, as so far its as fast as my friends t2, but we are both new to racing so neither of us are getting nearly the potential these cars have out of them yet.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

is depend on which track you runing T2 platform i believe it work better in carpet and cyclone would work best on asphalt. i have both chassis and i had run it on this year us indoor champ i realized althought the BMI cyclone work good on carpet but one thing is the diff is the headache thing is it keep break the diff screw and thrust washer.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
is depend on which track you runing T2 platform i believe it work better in carpet and cyclone would work best on asphalt. i have both chassis and i had run it on this year us indoor champ i realized althought the BMI cyclone work good on carpet but one thing is the diff is the headache thing is it keep break the diff screw and thrust washer.
I ran about 12 battery packs through my BMI Cyclone over the weekend in carpet with a 4.5 Novak brushless motor and had no problems with the diff screw.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I ran about 12 battery packs through my BMI Cyclone over the weekend in carpet with a 4.5 Novak brushless motor and had no problems with the diff screw.
this is the main thing at first i never had any diff screw problem until one week before the Indoor Champ i just realized it keep breaking the diff screw even i did not hit anything i have also break one on straight. because i have to tighten the diff screw inorder to let the rear diff slip.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:49 PM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
this is the main thing at first i never had any diff screw problem until one week before the Indoor Champ i just realized it keep breaking the diff screw even i did not hit anything i have also break one on straight. because i have to tighten the diff screw inorder to let the rear diff slip.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 AM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Top six finishers at Cleveland this weekend was xray

I know their pros but 1-6 in mod A is an unbelievable accomplishment. On a side note I pay for everything out of pocket and I chose X-ray. The car will be much better on carpet than a cyclone and just as good on asphalt. My car wins on carpet and asphalt in southern Cali and xray is so easy to drive in Pro Mod compared to every other car I have tried.
TRESFR is offline   Reply With Quote