R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #106
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Hahahaha .....

I won't play with 4 cells either

In my opinion, going to 4 cells or 5 cells are just smelly strategy done by NiMH manufacturers to kill LiPo market share in battery industry. As everyone knows, LiPo is lighter, superior and need less maintenance than NiMH. LiPo threatens NiMH life cycle. Possibly the battery matching industry could be affected too by LiPo. Same problem with battery discharging equipments, they will be obsolete machines because LiPo doesn't need to be discharge.

IMO, Instead of going slow and slower ( dumb idea ), I would prefer everyone to increase race length to 8 minutes per race in modified and 12 minutes in stock, considering the race in GP ( nitro ) cars are able to race up to 1 hour during the final.

When race length is increase to 8 minutes or 12 minutes, people automatically choose milder motor to save battery power, and they race longer ( more fun ?? )

I guess yes, long race = more fun.
i like the way you think. everyone read this post!!!!
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default You people are....

going to kill this hobby. 4 cells for all classes and lipo for mod.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #108
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Tell us honestly about top speed 4 cells vs 6 cells ?
This right here, in my opinion, is the true driving force in bringing new people in. IS IT FAST? No one even thinks about the true fast driver that is slower on the straight(anyone can go fast down the straights) but is way faster by carrying his speed through the corners where most if not all the races are won. People need to worry more about acceleration than top speed. How many times on a track does a car reach its top speed, once. And how many times does it accelerate on the same coarse, every time it exits a turn.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #109
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The problem with the new BRCA classes is ability spread. Its going to be halfed... Meaning 5th in the B would have been 10th in the C last year. I think 3 touring car classes is pushing it already...
Old 11-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

if you do go 4 cell in USA for all classe`s
there is a plus side

all classes will run same battery count
the fast guy`s who shouldn`t be in 27t will go up to 19t coz 27t to slow (27t is for beggineers & novices ?? right )
19t guys will feel bugger this for a game of chess ,this is slow i`m off up to mod class for some speed

in the long run Mod class back up to a healthy state , then the governing bodys have there `Blue Riband` CLASS back again

Li-Po
there is a 5v pack being devoloped now so it won`t be long for that to arrive & just in time for the plastic batterys to come & the `Power` capacitators to make a show
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #111
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This is sooo dumb. I really hope people dont think that running 4 cell will be cheaper or easier on anything. Because instead of running 7 turns youll just be running 4-5 turns to make up for loss of voltage. So your electrics will still be pushed to there limits, *hits still ganna be blowing up, and another thing is motor tuning i know in Modified will be wayyyy more of an advantage then it is now. Your ganna have to fine tune motors so much more with 4 cell to get the speed out of them. Yea you have to do that now in most classes but its just ganna make things worse.

BTW....EddieO....I bet those 115 people are lovin it too right now! LOL
Josh Numan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #112
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
This is sooo dumb. I really hope people dont think that running 4 cell will be cheaper or easier on anything. Because instead of running 7 turns youll just be running 4-5 turns to make up for loss of voltage. So your electrics will still be pushed to there limits, *hits still ganna be blowing up, and another thing is motor tuning i know in Modified will be wayyyy more of an advantage then it is now. Your ganna have to fine tune motors so much more with 4 cell to get the speed out of them. Yea you have to do that now in most classes but its just ganna make things worse.

BTW....EddieO....I bet those 115 people are lovin it too right now! LOL
just run a brushless motor (3.5) and go, no need for a tune motor

go out and try it
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #113
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
just run a brushless motor (3.5) and go, no need for a tune motor

go out and try it
Brushless.....lol

Maybe Norrca Nats will have more entries this year....lol
Old 11-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #114
Tech Master

does this apply to offroads too?
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not to mention the potential for problems with low voltage dropouts on your radio systems....looks like caps or Rx packs are going to be a necessity..
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #116
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

On top of my vote for 2 cell racing, I also think that RX packs should be illegal, and radio packs must have a limit of 4.8 volts.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #117
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
On top of my vote for 2 cell racing, I also think that RX packs should be illegal, and radio packs must have a limit of 4.8 volts.
I will also 2nd this vote!!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Does NORRCA still even exist?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #119
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
If BL is that much better than brushed motors I'm sure the racers in Japan would of used it. In Vegas Mike Dumas won 12th scale mod with a brushed motor against BLs so they can't be that much better.
Pros don't matter. They're paid to run something, plain and simple. No consumer should look at what a pro is running and assume that's what's right for them. I realize this is a shot in the heart of the whole sponsorship mentality, but we all know it's true. Informed consumers know better, and so do you.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #120
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL
THE PROBLEM IS NEW CARS EVERY SIX MONTHS THAT COST $500....
No, the problem is with people that actually think they need that new car every six months. Like I said before, people need to realize when they suck, and stop looking to a new kit to solve that for them. XRay is capitalizing on the fact that they have strong brand loyalty from a bunch of suckers who think a new kit all the time is going to make them good.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote