R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #781
Tech Master

Angry

Adrian,

you need to stop cramming this 4 cell stuff on ppl. You have no clue about touring car racing. Also I see you also ignored my last post so maybe you will see this.

WE ARE NOT HAVING A DUMPING PROBLEM! WE ARE NOT HAVING A HEAT ISSUE ANYMORE! AS THE BATTERIES IMPROVED, I CHANGED OUR MOTORS TO EXCEPT THE HIGHER VOLTAGE BATTERIES.
THIS PAST WEEKEND I WAS TAKING CARE OF OUR GUYS AT THE CHAMPS. WE WERE COMING BACK WITH 30 SECONDS OF RUN TIME AT 35 AMPS IN TOURING CAR. STOP THE NONSENSE.

Chad
Team Trinity Inc.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #782
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Are you sure you know what you are asking for? More expensive motors...more expensive and bigger speedcontrols. I have heard some figures thrown around as to what this stuff might cost. Is a $300 speedo too expensive? How about a $350 BL speedo? I guess thats all ok as long as you get to keep 6 cells and go fast...right?
Whats the difference bra? Novaks race BL set-up will cost you between $300 to $350. Then there's a cost of extra motors etc. Plus it takes the fun and competition of tuning motors. Here again, there is no reason for the change. Roar is just like the democrats, thinking they know what we want and need, and they're not even close. I think I see a rtr gas truck in my future.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #783
Tech Master

I DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE TRYING TO SLOW US DOWN. WHEN I RAN A HOBBY SHOP, EVERYONE WHO CAME IN SAID," HOW FAST IS IT?" "WHAT IS THE FASTEST MOTOR I CAN BUY?" NO ONE WANTS TO GO SLOW. IF YOU WANT TO GO SLOW RACE STOCK OR 19T!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So we have Eddie O from Team Brood, Rick Howart from Peak/Orion, and Chad Phillips from Trinity, all saying they don't want to see 4 cell Touring Cars at this time. So who are these industry insiders who are for this change? Some guy from Mabuchi?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
So we have Eddie O from Team Brood, Rick Howart from Peak/Orion, and Chad Phillips from Trinity, all saying they don't want to see 4 cell Touring Cars at this time. So who are these industry insiders who are for this change? Some guy from Mabuchi?
well put BRA!
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #786
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Didn't you know? Roar knows what is best for us.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #787
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I asked that very early on in this thread, who the "industry insiders" were ...I mean, it's all fine and dandy that there is some secret squirel development and testing going on out there, but I think it would only be appropraite to let us know who they are to see if their testing applys to the majority of the racers out there or only a select few.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:16 PM   #788
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who is dumping in touring car? I talked to the guys from Cleveland.....they were all finishing with 500 mah or so in touring car......thats 10% left bud....

Ask how much they were finishing with in 1/12th Scale.......20 seconds? Brushless not finishing with much more....

Sorry looks like a lame attempt to make brushless competitive in Sedan.....

Thanks though.....sell more batteries.....no worries about lipo....what a deal.

Later EddieO
Old 11-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #789
Tech Master

I want to let everyone know something about brushless motors. No 2 motors are the same. Meaning, Let say the stock class allows the stock brushless motor. Lets say they are rated at 1000kv. well when making a brushless motor, they vary. it could be a 900kv or a 1100kv even though the manufactures spec's are 1000kv. Unlike brushed motors, you get what you get. So if you have a 900kv motor and your buddy has a 1100kv, then you are out of luck. TIme to spend another $60 to see if u get a good motor. At least with a "spec" brushed motors you can rezap your magnets, try different brushes, put timing in you brushes, put different springs. etc etc etc. You can work on it to get more out of it.
Now dont get me wrong. I am not against brushless. Modified is a different story. Our modified brushless motor has a minimum kv rating, If it is below that, then we do not sell it. Even if you have the lowest kv that goes out the door it is still way to fast.

chad
Old 11-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #790
R/C Tech Founder

I love this thread.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #791
Tech Master

batteries.. If we goto 4 cell. Run time is even more of a issue. They were dumping the batteries in japan. When that happens to IB cells, they are junk. Last weekend at the champs. Our guys recieved 2 packs per class. AS a result of all my testing, we only used one pack per class. The second pack was a back up. There is no need to run a new pack every run anymore as it stands. If you take care of the IB's and don't dump them(which we are not at the moment) they run better on the second and third charge in the same day. Hell, you dont even have to take the pack out of your car if you dont want to. Of course if you are club racing and there is not enough time for the pack to cool a bit before recharging it, then u will need 2 packs.

chad
Old 11-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #792
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal

I love this thread.

We all should tank you for giving us a great place to argue.....
Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #793
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Aren't brushless motors all hand-wound? Isn't that supposed to mean they're much closer in tolerance than machine-wound motors? Keep zapping your magnets, dude... we all know motor tuning companies are just a facade to keep the best brushed motors aside for their team racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
I want to let everyone know something about brushless motors. No 2 motors are the same. Meaning, Let say the stock class allows the stock brushless motor. Lets say they are rated at 1000kv. well when making a brushless motor, they vary. it could be a 900kv or a 1100kv even though the manufactures spec's are 1000kv. Unlike brushed motors, you get what you get. So if you have a 900kv motor and your buddy has a 1100kv, then you are out of luck. TIme to spend another $60 to see if u get a good motor. At least with a "spec" brushed motors you can rezap your magnets, try different brushes, put timing in you brushes, put different springs. etc etc etc. You can work on it to get more out of it.
Now dont get me wrong. I am not against brushless. Modified is a different story. Our modified brushless motor has a minimum kv rating, If it is below that, then we do not sell it. Even if you have the lowest kv that goes out the door it is still way to fast.

chad
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #794
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default I know I know I'm a jerk but I gotta say...

Chad
Oh, I didn't know the smoked windings on that Monster I had once could be tuned...so I chucked it. My Bad!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #795
Tech Master

ok to be fair with having bad stock and 19t arms. It happens. We replace them and at least a arm is not 60$ And if you ever attend a race I am at and have a turd, I will replace it.

chad