R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #631

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ok, i think i'm gonna return the 007 i just bought. shame. too much BS in RC, left in '96 due to BS. 10yrs later, same deal only more $$$ and people try and medicate it w/nitro...that is i guess til people find that poisonous as well.

-ult
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #632
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroffBall
off topic sorry, but if you want to have a pissing match over real cars here is a pic of the motor.....

Unfortunatly 6 years later I still havn't found a car worthy 900 streetable HP on 6lbs of boost

Edit: whoops thats the wrong pic, thats a pic of an 1100hp 572 that has a matching twin in the boat, although thats the blower for my 509, that motor now has custom blowershop units.
how about a Yugo??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #633
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Advil said:
Quote:
4 cell will not help anything grow...still have doubts?????? How is the Oval turn out at YOUR track? Yes the MOD Oval turn out...how is it???
Sadly the EXPERT MOD turn out is LOW to NON-EXISTANT, No FACTORY support (the guys who can HANDLE the speed) and a lot of the guys who don't run it say it's TOO Fast (Yes, even w/ 4 cell) However, our STRONGEST Class is Always the "SPORTSMAN MOD" class, but I'm hoping the 19t class will return in '07, along w/ a dedicated BRUSHLESS 4300 class.

So, since the biggest part of this debate I've seen is about SPEED, how about 3 (4) cell classes and 2 (6) cell classes sanctioned to be allowed at "NATIONAL" and REGIONAL" Roar events. For LOCAL racing, as always, it's up to the individual LOCAL program to decide what's best for them.

4 Cell - STOCK
4 Cell - 19t
4 Cell - MOD
6 Cell - Expert 19
6 Cell - Expert Mod

You can NOT cover the field any better than that for speed issues. Require PRE-ENTRY For all major events. The classes w/ NO Pre-Entry by a cut-off date don't get run.

It should not have to be a EITHER/OR situation. If MY track has a 1200 ft HUGE road course track and it can handle 6 cell speeds, it should be able to run them. If YOUR track is only built inside a 20 x 40 box and you don't have a lot of room a 4 cell class may be GReAT. COMPROMISE~
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #634
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Old M6 ?? its a 2007 BMW M6!! with a V10 rated at 500hp ,as far as I know they didnt make a M6 18 years ago
The 88 M6 was the King of the road, when the cams kicked in at 4800 rpm you knew it was a real race motor!!!!!!! The M5 was the sedan version with the same motor.
Marcos, youre making way too much money to race RC, you should be runnin real race cars.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #635
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
You did what every racer should NOT DO, you never tell them you have over $2,000 invested. That kids would do the same witha $250 TC4 RTR as he would with your aluminum bling race car. Pride of how much you spent should never be told to somebody looking in.

Explaining to them you can start off cheap, and build up was the right thing. But it's also like going to a real car race where they have production cars...that 350Z in the SCCA runoffs cost over $150,000 but yet it's base on a 27K car.

Rick has some points as a racer, they will race everything. But this affects more than just the racer. The industry is 6-Cell based, and that should not change. Those "racecars" we are paid to drive around are paid for by the guys who never race. The day a person cannot BUY what they are racing is the day both sides suffer.
Derek, you are correct sir.. I as rounding off the numbers and also told her this was after 6 years in the hobby. Most of the stuff will last over 3 years before end of life.. Or a wall....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #636
Tech Elite

Are we gonna start comparing our real cars again???? Like I always tell people RC cars are my cheap hobby..... Anyone can finance and bolt on the goodies... I just love when my insurance company calls me to tell me that the value on my cars went up and if I want to reinsure for a higher value....

Back to the debate....

You sponsored guys running in the club races are killing the fun for the rest of us..... And this is coming from someone with deep pockets....
Old 11-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #637
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones
The 88 M6 was the King of the road, when the cams kicked in at 4800 rpm you knew it was a real race motor!!!!!!! The M5 was the sedan version with the same motor.
Marcos, youre making way too much money to race RC, you should be runnin real race cars.
My wife is the one making the money she bought me a 7 series already , and I had my share of racing , I raced On-road motorcycle from 1992 to 1996 until a career ending crash in Daytona, so its r/c for me
Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #638
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Are we gonna start comparing our real cars again???? Like I always tell people RC cars are my cheap hobby..... Anyone can finance and bolt on the goodies... I just love when my insurance company calls me to tell me that the value on my cars went up and if I want to reinsure for a higher value....

Back to the debate....

You sponsored guys running in the club races are killing the fun for the rest of us..... And this is coming from someone with deep pockets....
well it doesnt hurt to change the subject
Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #639
Tech Master

Quote:
Old M6 ?? its a 2007 BMW M6!! with a V10 rated at 500hp ,as far as I know they didnt make a M6 18 years ago
I thought you said your car was 18 years old? They made an M6 a long time ago, was a variant of the 635CSI?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #640
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny

Back to the debate....

Wanna donate that chevelle in you avatar to my motor
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #641
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
I thought you said your car was 18 years old? They made an M6 a long time ago, was a variant of the 635CSI?
learn something new everyday
Old 11-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #642
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

88 M6, 635 chassis. 295hp
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR to 4 cell....-m6.jpg  
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #643
Tech Elite

Quote:
My wife is the one making the money she bought me a 7 series already , and I had my share of racing , I raced On-road motorcycle from 1992 to 1996 until a career ending crash in Daytona, so its r/c for me
You and I are in the same boat.... Except I was in a car accident at work that effectively retired me from both work and my real love racing real cars... I have 6 out of 7 disks in my neck herniated, can't feel either hand and a screwed up right shoulder....

My wife too is my Sugar Mama, although I got a very good settllment myself... But she's the VP of an IT getting her MBA so she can get a CTO or CIO position....

Groffball.... I like to be able to see out the front window... Plus I'm having enough problems getting her to hook up with a 396 putting out about 425... I'd have to wear a neck collar.... Hahahaha....

Here's what's in it, it's perty enough for me....
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR to 4 cell....-dsc01724.sized.jpg  
Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #644
Tech Initiate

electrics should be run like nitro

Nitro you have 4 classes everyone can run whatever equipment they want up to a max. anyhthing else they can detune.

8th scale onroad nitro expert and sportsman max .21 engine
10th scale expert and sportsman max .12 engine

Nationals and worlds 8th scale open 10th scale open no exp/sportsman

Electrics can follow suit. club lever 3 tc classes only Nats 3 class tc stock, 19t and open no sporstman/exprt distinction.

TC 10th scale club level - novice any stock motor up to 4 cells
Sportsman - any motor any wind up to 6 cells
Expert - any motor any wind up to 6 cells
1525grm weight min all classes inlcude bl systems
tires, body weight no change

12th scale
Novice, sportsman and expert 4 cell any motor any wind. 750 grams min
tires, body weight no change

Basically the rule is you only have one car spec per class - TC open and 12th scale open
the classifications are based on ability.
Eliminate the 5 min qual heat and open qual Session 10 min best two or three consective lap times. Eliminate rocket round, and give the racer multiple time per session to do three hot consective laps.

This will also eliminate having to burn a fresh set of tires every round plus really puts the skill back into the drivers hand is they miss a turn during a 5 min qual their done this way it rewards consistency.

Puts the racing back ionto the drivers he can run a 4 or 5 or 6 cell stock or whetever..
\
You could tq expert with a 19t or tq sportsman with a stock.. rewards driving not equipment.. some can put down the power but most of use mortals can handle a mild wind mod or good stock.
Lou Decruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #645
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Wow really I never heard anything like this before. Absolutely amazing!
ITS PRETTY SAD. I WOULD LOVED TO HAVE RUN MOD AT ALL THE BIG RACES, AND MADE ROOM FOR NEW GUYS TO TAKE OVER IN STOCK. I NEVER CARE TO MUCH ABOUT THE MONEY, FOR ME ITS ABOUT TRYING TO WIN, IMPROVE MY SKILL, AND REPRESENT MY SPONSORS. AND TO HAVE FUN!!

FOR THEM ITS ABOUT MOST CARS IN THE STOCK MAIN. CARDINAL RULE NUMBER 1, YOU DONT GET BETTER UNTIL YOU HAVE TO TRY HARDER (RACING A HARDER CLASS, STOCK TC ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL ISNT EASY. BUT WE CAN AGREE THAT MOD IS HARDER), AND IF YOU ARE DENIED THE OPPERTUNITY? THEN WHY EVEN BE SPONSORED?

SORRY. I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALONG TIME TO AIR THIS STUFF OUT.
RC ROCKSTARZ is offline   Reply With Quote