R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #541
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
My guess would be....

1. Too many of the young guns race stock because they make too much money to make stock mains why should they move up to mod. Mod class is lower for reasons other then the motors are blowing up its more because the good stock racers that can race mod and should race mod don’t.....so the same 8 guys always make mains and keep collecting their pay checks. When some of these stock racers move up then some of these same 8 guys will no longer be living the phat life style.

2. My guess is they broke a part on the car due to faulty engineering .... something has to give when they blow a line or try some crazy setup looking for that extra tenth or two….but we can all just sit back and blame the cars for running on 6 cells and not the drivers for showing some sort of restraint when only 3 cars finish a race.



What Charger(s) out there now will not charge 5 cell packs?
1. Well that is certain manufacturers that are creating this problem then. They know who they are too! I do not agree with what is going on with that. However until we have an organization to take care of things like this it is a mute point. I hear Tyco is coming out with a TC and offering 10,000 to win stock at Snowbirds.....everyone would be running a Tyco car.

2.It is simple. To fast!
__________________
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #542
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
1. Cars were ballistic fast
2. Track was so bumpy at first that you didnt know which way your car was going to end up in certain sections of the track....and the straight away/sweeper was the main part of that.
3. The walls there are so rediculously over bolted and over weighted (4x4's inside of plastic) that they destroy a car on contact. Hell in the main only 6 of the worlds BEST carpet racers finished....the others broke!!

EA
Easy solution ,built a better track and layout! Its not fun if the track is so tight and technical that everybody breaks!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #543
Tech Elite
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford
Default

So now you want to slow the cars down and build easier layouts? Dude why even bother racing then?
__________________
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #544
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
So now you want to slow the cars down and build easier layouts? Dude why even bother racing then?
I didnt say slow the cars down,and I have ran 4 cell mod and they are just as fast as 6 cells, but it seems that all the cars broke at cleveland from wrecking not because motors issues, read what EA posted
Quote:
2. Track was so bumpy at first that you didnt know which way your car was going to end up in certain sections of the track....and the straight away/sweeper was the main part of that.
3. The walls there are so rediculously over bolted and over weighted (4x4's inside of plastic) that they destroy a car on contact. Hell in the main only 6 of the worlds BEST carpet racers finished....the others broke!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #545
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Easy solution ,built a better track and layout! Its not fun if the track is so tight and technical that everybody breaks!
Yea lets just take all the skill out of it and run them on ovals (not the sarcasim coming from a former oval racer). The layout in Cleveland wasnt bad...but it was one that seperated the guys who could run tight lines with little mistakes. The big mistakes are the ones that broke cars.

I agree tha the track could be better as far as wall construction....but the layout was good this year.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #546
Tech Elite
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford
Default

See thats the problem. They aren't just as fast. I've raced against Easton running 4 cell, I've seen the video from Japan. I'm not impressed. Its slow. Its as fast as a 6 cell 19t. The problem is that motors can't handle the power cause we're working off rules based on like 2000mah packs or lower. Put a cap on all these new packs coming out every month. Redesign motors a little. Thats where its at. When was the last time we had a real new ESC? The GT7? The LRP Q1? Everything else since then has been an update. Thats what we need to be talking about.

And if Roar does go ahead with this, then everyone who thinks its bad for the hobby needs to contact Roar and tell them your canceling your membership and tell them why. Don't just come on here bitching about how you hate it. Do something about it. You don't think that if Roar got 500 emails from upset members that they wouldn't drop this whole thing? I bet they'd think hard about it.
__________________
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #547
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,364
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
I have an idea, lets have an exhibition class at the two ROAR Nationals for Mod 4 cell? This would eliminate us PRO guys racing 19T and we could learn something about using less cells?

Any comments?

WOW...I think I suggested this. This would be the smartest thing to do.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #548
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The sweeper after the straightaway had 2 sections of board that had shifted, leaving a gap and a slight stagger...if cars pushed at all to the outside they caught this edge and it was game over....I watched one main where 3 cars in a row came around, clipped that spot and pulled over into the corner broken.

The Flappers on the corners were also not as well reinforced as prior years leaving squared off edges on a LOT of the corners on the track....the high speed sections weren't the only places breaking cars on this year's layout.

As far as an exhibition 4-cell class, that does indeed sound like a good idea...but it needs to be Mod, stock and 19T as this proposed change effects ALL TC racers not just those who run mod as the proposal currently stands..
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #549
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

1 this is for TC and this is 1 resin why i dont run it, the tracks to me are to small so i run TC gas, indoor i run 1/12 just right,and its 4cell, back in the old days it was 6cell. i dont like 1/10 TC it just feels like a bus to me.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #550
Tech Elite
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
I have an idea, lets have an exhibition class at the two ROAR Nationals for Mod 4 cell? This would eliminate us PRO guys racing 19T and we could learn something about using less cells?

Any comments?
Todge, you've got the kind of game necessary, just run 4 cell in the 6 cell class.

It's technically legal in ROAR now. "UP TO 6 CELL"...
__________________
www.stormerhobbies.com "Where the world shops for radio control."™
www.facebook.com/stormerhobbies
www.twitter.com/stormerhobbies

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #551
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Todge, you've got the kind of game necessary, just run 4 cell in the 6 cell class.

It's technically legal in ROAR now. "UP TO 6 CELL"...
thats what I said before ,if they want to use 4 cells let them , its like in Nitro ROAR doesnt have a cap on nitro content in fuel, you can run 10,20 ,30 or 40% the car will make more power with a higher % but it will last longer with less. ROAR doeant have a rule for that do they?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #552
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I for one can't wait until 4 cell goes in effect. I saw a Novack 3.5 on 6 cells it was just too fast to drive, running same lap times as stock 6 cell. I know it would have been perfect with 4 cells. From what I understand run time won't be an issue with brushless, and there will be no more thermal shutdowns. Goodbye brushed mod motors.

Hopefully moving to 4 cell will get some of these guys who only run stock to move to modified.

I bet 90% of the people complaining on this thread only run stock touring car which is slow with 6 cells. I didn't see there names on the modified Cleveland drivers list. So what is the difference if they run 4 cell 19t which is the same speed as 6 cell stock? The only class that is being removed is the 19 turn speed class.

Going to 4 cell stock will give the new drivers a chance to learn how to drive and stop from breaking every time they put their car on the track because 6 cell stock is too fast for them. This will only help this sport grow.
fred kellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:37 PM   #553
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

.
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #554
Tech Champion
 
F. Mendoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,232
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred kellner
I for one can't wait until 4 cell goes in effect. I saw a Novack 3.5 on 6 cells it was just too fast to drive, running same lap times as stock 6 cell. I know it would have been perfect with 4 cells. From what I understand run time won't be an issue with brushless, and there will be no more thermal shutdowns. Goodbye brushed mod motors.

Hopefully moving to 4 cell will get some of these guys who only run stock to move to modified.

I bet 90% of the people complaining on this thread only run stock touring car which is slow with 6 cells. I didn't see there names on the modified Cleveland drivers list. So what is the difference if they run 4 cell 19t which is the same speed as 6 cell stock? The only class that is being removed is the 19 turn speed class.

Going to 4 cell stock will give the new drivers a chance to learn how to drive and stop from breaking every time they put their car on the track because 6 cell stock is too fast for them. This will only help this sport grow.
Pretty much everything you posted was what I was telling the guys this pastweekend at the local track. I think you are rightwith these statements
__________________
RC America - Xray - Hudy - Gravity RC - KO Propo - Super Rad Graphics

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #555
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: R/C TECH TERRORISM
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
1. Too many of the young guns race stock because they make too much money to make stock mains why should they move up to mod. Mod class is lower for reasons other then the motors are blowing up its more because the good stock racers that can race mod and should race mod don’t.....so the same 8 guys always make mains and keep collecting their pay checks. When some of these stock racers move up then some of these same 8 guys will no longer be living the phat life style.
BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. NOT ABOUT THE MONEY FOR MOST. FOR ME, ITS ABOUT LOVING TO RACE AND HAVING YOUR SPONSOR TELL YOU THAT YOU WONT GET THE SAME SUPPORT FOR TRYING TO STEP UP TO MOD. BEING TOLD THAT THEY ALREADY HAVE A MOD TEAM AND THEY WANT YOU TO STAY DOWN AND STACK THE STOCK MAIN.
RC ROCKSTARZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 cell Stock for the ROAR Onroad Nat's? C_O_jones Electric On-Road 75 06-21-2007 07:38 PM
F/S: Glow plug igniter, gel cell charger, gel cell, camber guage and car stand PD2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 05-21-2007 04:07 PM
Opinions on ROAR 4-Cell Rule ShaunMac Georgia Racing 12 11-29-2006 06:54 AM
ROAR - 4 cell for all touring HarshGuy Electric On-Road 17 11-23-2006 10:59 AM
non-roar bodies faster than roar? imjonah Electric On-Road 5 05-13-2005 07:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net