R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
constitution
only works well if Every one can get there or have the opportunity to cast there vote

but you still have the 2 parties blaming each other for the probs that occur

Disclamer
not going to say any more coz it well get heavey & seriuos ,then i`ll be lost

Well if you feel the constitution is not doing it's job then you should be the person to propose the amendment to make it work better for the membership.

And yes, I am trying to tempt you to say some more
Just to point out, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just it's the way it is.
pookat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Does EXcomm vote and the ROAR pres does the final apporval?? Contact the ROAR pres and voice your opinion,if the pres has no input on the matter ,why do we elect one??
ROAR President is only one vote on the EXCOM. The EXCOM is made up of appointed members. i.e. The membership has no say in who is on the EXCOM making decision for all of us. We only get to elect 2 of the actual EXCOM votes. Pres and Vice Pres.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

4 cell touring.... Might as well run spec..LOL Looks loike Scotty,Mike and others are still going to be the #1 choise of great races.. Noval..Birds...Reedy..Vegas..Cleveland.. ROAR None!!!

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cells. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership

Advil and everyone needs to relax about ROAR and the decision. This is how things get turned around and bashing starts. How can you post if you do not know the facts yet.
1) ROAR never voted at all, talking about.
2) Europe & the rest are 5 cells, but they are thinking of going to 4 cells, because of chargers.
3) I will not race ROAR, the remarks I go race with them ICC and other races, a good chance you will be racing 4 or 5 cell there also. These large races follow the Asia and Euorpe market, period.

Letís just her you racers and your opinion, not bash anybody. Constructive criticism is better to here than negativity. Aleast people are trying.

BiLLY Bowerman
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB
Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cells. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership

Advil and everyone needs to relax about ROAR and the decision. This is how things get turned around and bashing starts. How can you post if you do not know the facts yet.
2) Europe & the rest are 5 cells, but they are thinking of going to 4 cells, because of chargers.
3) I will not race ROAR, the remarks I go race with them ICC and other races, a good chance you will be racing 4 or 5 cell there also. These large races follow the Asia and Euorpe market, period.

Letís just her you racers and your opinion, not bash anybody. Constructive criticism is better to here than negativity. Aleast people are trying.

BiLLY Bowerman
NP Billy. I'll relax when ROAR sends this vote to its membership to decide. Personally I think 4 cell racing sucks. I have seen it on the carpet and I'm not impressed. I have also gone through the Oval conversion from 6 to 4 cell and I no longer race Oval. It DIED here in Central Cal. There are some holdouts but by and large Oval is dead here. It happened right after it went to 4 cell. Personal experience.......

Art Davenport

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB

BiLLY Bowerman
That was my bad Billy, I misunderstood what you had said and thought the excom was already voting on it, not that they were talking about voting on it for 2007 ...so the fact remains that they are comtemplating a change to 4 cell for all touring car classes (stock, 19T and modified)

...I still think (and my opinion only, based on what I *think* not that I have ever tried it) that it is a mistake to do so, just seems like it would not be fast'n fun to run 4 cell stock and 4 cell 19T ...which are the only classes I would ever race as I am not (nor will ever be) at the caliber to race with the 'Best of the best' in the modified classes (weather they be 6 cell or 4 cell).
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

This is precisely why heresay is dangerous. There is no rule at this point, and the EXCOMM is contiplating a move to 4 cell. Matt Howard said it best in the other threaad that was started on this topic... Damned if you do, Damned if you dont. The Electric on road committe has been in discussion on the 4-5-6 cell topic for a while now, and there have been no definitive suggestions forwarded to the EXCOMM on this subject.

The sky is not falling, but we do need to take a step back and look at our hobby...

My personal opinion is 5 cell. taking the edge off the voltage, and not making stock TOO slow... But it will help the professional stock racers move up to 19t and help stock to be the class it was intended to be.

Alot of other discussions to have, but ..... what hte topic of this thread is.... is NOT a rule yet...
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

when this was all discussed after the worlds, i was dead set against reducing cells. eventually, i was at the track practicing and decided to give 5 cell a shot. i geared up my 19t, adjusted the ride height to compensate for reduced weight, and ran. those were the only changes i made to my setup and easily ran the same lap times, some faster, than i was running with 6 cell 19t.

i imagine 4 cell may be a bit slower, but i guess it wouldn't be all bad... tires would last longer, crashes wouldn't be as destructive to the car, motors would last longer. i changed from stock to mod a few years ago because i got sick of constantly tuning motors. mod was too fast for me and i didn't like rebuilding the motors every run. 19t was awesome a few years ago. nowdays, we're rebuilding 19t motors as frequently as the mod guys and turning almost the same lap times.

so what, the cars will be a little bit slower, but the same basic fundamentals will apply. driving skill, chassis setup, and motor tuning. maye it'll be a good thing to, since maintaining corner speed will matter again so finesse will be a must. and we'll all be going equally as slow.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well.. From what I see 19T 4 cell will be a great class... BUT, I know from Oval racers I deal with and many that have already played with 4 cell touring. There input is batteries will become more of a issue as far as fresh packs being needed to contend with those whom buy new packs more than others...

We will see what happens....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

why make any changes, till everyone has a chance to get a real feeling for these changes?
i can see opening new 4 cell classes so it gives a transition to the new classes!
but just making a change with out any type of vote from the members would be just wrong!
i think this will make the stock class a new ball game! this will force pro level drivers out of this class , to faster more competetive classes!
making stock a great class for the average hobbiest! ,club racers!
now i can see 23 turn being the new stock motor! and 14 turn the new replacement for 19!
i am shure somthing will have to change to bring back some of the speed!
this will be interesting to see what happens!

and once again it will be a battery and motor war to go the fastest in 4 cell!

Last edited by jakster; 11-23-2006 at 06:01 PM.
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #26
Tech Master

There is NO way this is a smart move for the hobby.

You cannot have standard for racing, and a standard for the hobby. If 4-cell where better clubs would already be racing it...and there is none.

I know some ROAR members are reading....call me if you want to talk about why this is a horrible idea, and NOT the direction needed. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE TOP DRIVERS in the world. GO TO A TRACK AND SEE WHAT PEOPLE WANT or ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. It is NOT that they are going to fast. Make rules that actually save people money, not ones to set back the industry.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I call Jihad on ROAR.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #28
Tech Lord

So, then, this means the end of brushed motors, too, ya know? The improved efficiency of brushless is going to be king.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I call Jihad on ROAR.
Hahahaha .....

I won't play with 4 cells either

In my opinion, going to 4 cells or 5 cells are just smelly strategy done by NiMH manufacturers to kill LiPo market share in battery industry. As everyone knows, LiPo is lighter, superior and need less maintenance than NiMH. LiPo threatens NiMH life cycle. Possibly the battery matching industry could be affected too by LiPo. Same problem with battery discharging equipments, they will be obsolete machines because LiPo doesn't need to be discharge.

IMO, Instead of going slow and slower ( dumb idea ), I would prefer everyone to increase race length to 8 minutes per race in modified and 12 minutes in stock, considering the race in GP ( nitro ) cars are able to race up to 1 hour during the final.

When race length is increase to 8 minutes or 12 minutes, people automatically choose milder motor to save battery power, and they race longer ( more fun ?? )

I guess yes, long race = more fun.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #30
Tech Lord

I'm just glad ROAR doesn't make the rules for consumer electronics. Can you imagine how much it would suck to have a cell phone with only 20 minutes of talk time that weighs twice as much, and loses about a minute of talk time during each charge cycle? I guess the screen backlight would be really bright, though. Well, for the first few charges, anyway.