R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #46
Tech Adept

ey up, console gamer alert

No idea, KOPrompo site has a lot of info on there about the specs so if its not listed there i doubt it, cant imagine many people would have asked for the request, but with games using that configuration i could understand why they might do.
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Haha yup that is exactly why. So I tried playing Gran Turismo with the left thumb mapped to the throttle and the right to steering, and I could do it ok, but when I mapped it back to default with the left thumb steering, I could really fly and I had better and quicker control inputs.

Charlie Perez thinks it might work. He has a regular Super Exzes and he says he has taken it apart enough, that I could swap sticks and it would work. I am going to get this radio and possibly try it.

I called Airtronics today though and he said it wouldn't. Charlie says he thinks it would work still, just take a little bit of work.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Just got mine today, was in the modelshop when it came through the door and walked away with it about 10-15 mins later...mind you I do work there so I spose I do get a bit of preferential treatment

Anyway, it really does look nicer than in the photos, the feel is very nice, and the toggle button works much better than the old style buttons. The menu seems pretty straight forward to use (just had a quick look through) but you still get the nice thick manual explaining everything. Overall everything looks great, already slapped my Spektrum in it with the micro receiver and we'll see how I go with it this friday.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill
Just got mine today, was in the modelshop when it came through the door and walked away with it about 10-15 mins later...mind you I do work there so I spose I do get a bit of preferential treatment

Anyway, it really does look nicer than in the photos, the feel is very nice, and the toggle button works much better than the old style buttons. The menu seems pretty straight forward to use (just had a quick look through) but you still get the nice thick manual explaining everything. Overall everything looks great, already slapped my Spektrum in it with the micro receiver and we'll see how I go with it this friday.
Sweeeeet
Does it come with receiver? Just wondering cos i've got a brand new KO receiver, the 'more money than sense' edition (302?) so not really sure i need a 2nd especially when planning to switch to 2.4ghz. Cant rememeber what the Esprit II came with it was that long ago.
Guess i'll see if i can pull some strings and get one put to one side for me.

Mr KOPS:
any idea when the radios will be hitting the rest of the world?
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Yeh it does come with a receiver, it's a 302.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #51
Tech Regular

speedtech has limited quantities of the universe 3

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=6779
C_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Alfie

Hi guys!

Just got my today.

I seem to have come out from the cave and know nuts about the HRS thing that has been around for some time.

Previously I was using the KO PROPO EX1 Vantage Esprit 2. I'm still very happy with it. It's been with me for around 10 years now. Nothing broken but the buttons' labels that have come off.

I would like to know if I could use my existing KO 297FZ receiver with it. Also, can I use Futaba S9402 servo for it? I have heard that only digital servos fit the new HRS system like my new Universe.

Would like some help. Thanks in advance!
Alfie
Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #53
Tech Addict

I believe that you can use any servo as long as you set the transmitter on standard response. Also, the 297 should work, but also on standard response. The best thing to do is just to try it.

Now you have the Universe, when you pick up your old transmitter it will feel very old and uncomfortable in comparision, or at least mine does.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Thanks for replying, Skill!

The thing is that I wouldn't want to burn something by trial and error.

Personally, I still love my old Vantage; no "shiny" surface to worry about. The reason why I bought one is because I'm looking forward to upgrade it to a Spektrum set. There're simply too many frequencies flying around and sometimes, some guys just never bothered to check and caused much of the frequency clash.

Nevertheless, it's a beautiful radio to own.
Alfie
Old 06-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

The one thing i dont like about it, and could be a problem, is the Airial.

Why on earth does it have to stick out that far? could prove a problem in the scrutineering (tech) boxes ??

Actually just having seen more pics of the universe, and expecting the airial to be removable and with the spektrum in place. Should cure the problem
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Suzuki View Post
speedtech has limited quantities of the universe 3

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=6779
Only 2 more left It's something we brought in stock especially for our European customers (since most racers in the US run trigger/wheel type radio systems)

Steve Wang
Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #57
Tech Elite

After going through the radio, manual and functions, I find that this radio isn't something worth a change, especially when I am already using a Vantage Esprit 2.

All the functions on this Universe is the same, except for the Ultra High Response module and receiver (equivalent to Helios, Limited Edition), the 2 moveable sticks' angers, and the freedom to install the Spektrum System onto the transmitter. Coolest feature in the Universe is that your can customise your buzzer's melody for different function. It is made in Japan.

For a radio at US$320, it's not exactly value for money.

For "budget-conscious" users who are looking forward to buy this radio, do more research on it. Before you decided to put the money down, make sure you don't change your radio within the next 7 to 10 years.

At least that is my personal point of view. My Vantage is not broken at all. In fact, I have just changed the AA cells to NiMH cells recently. Everything on my Vantage is still working and excellent condition. There are a couple of damage button tabs, but that's just superficial. The only problem is that I cannot use a Spektrum on my Vantage transmitter.

Alfie
Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #58
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to fatboy

hi, wonder anyone there have a copy of the manual or any source i can download as mine are all japanese.

thanks
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

Anybody have a 40mhz modules for ex-10? I have 27mhz and 2 302f recievers that I would like to trade.
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #60
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
After going through the radio, manual and functions, I find that this radio isn't something worth a change, especially when I am already using a Vantage Esprit 2.

All the functions on this Universe is the same, except for the Ultra High Response module and receiver (equivalent to Helios, Limited Edition), the 2 moveable sticks' angers, and the freedom to install the Spektrum System onto the transmitter. Coolest feature in the Universe is that your can customise your buzzer's melody for different function. It is made in Japan.

For a radio at US$320, it's not exactly value for money.

For "budget-conscious" users who are looking forward to buy this radio, do more research on it. Before you decided to put the money down, make sure you don't change your radio within the next 7 to 10 years.

At least that is my personal point of view. My Vantage is not broken at all. In fact, I have just changed the AA cells to NiMH cells recently. Everything on my Vantage is still working and excellent condition. There are a couple of damage button tabs, but that's just superficial. The only problem is that I cannot use a Spektrum on my Vantage transmitter.

Alfie
Actually, there are more features then the Vantage and the Helios. Tilt mixing, idle up, ST travel preset, 3rd channel mixing, etc.. just to name a few.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote