Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cars Pushing off power >

Cars Pushing off power

Cars Pushing off power

Old 11-20-2006, 11:31 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
TRFTIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 196
Default Cars Pushing off power

My 414M2 is pushing (Understeering) whilst off power, and ideas on setup tips please.
TRFTIM is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 12:01 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 1,317
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Softer front springs, lower ride height in the front, more rear droop, softer sway bar up front, stiffer rear springs, heavier sway bar in the rear, higher rear ride height, more caster at front. There are a couple of things.
trilerian is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:25 AM
  #3  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (213)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,068
Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TRFTIM
My 414M2 is pushing (Understeering) whilst off power, and ideas on setup tips please.
are you using spool?one-way?diff? whats your current set-up?
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 06:52 PM
  #4  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

trilerian: I think more rear drop won't help
ioxqq is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Jimmy Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,260
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

More rear droop will help. It will allow the car to transfer more weight to the front tires off power.
Jimmy Morris is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
TeamPink91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central FL
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by ioxqq
trilerian: I think more rear drop won't help
It will help due to an increase in the amount of weight transfer the car can put forward by jacking up the rear end of the car, but you will have to be careful because it can make the car push in mid corner.
TeamPink91 is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
 
TeamPink91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central FL
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
More rear droop will help. It will allow the car to transfer more weight to the front tires off power.
Dang Jim you beat me to it.
TeamPink91 is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,653
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamPink91
It will help due to an increase in the amount of weight transfer the car can put forward by jacking up the rear end of the car, but you will have to be careful because it can make the car push in mid corner.
John why does it make for mid-corner push? So would you adjust front droop for this (mid-corner push)?
nf_ekt is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:14 PM
  #9  
Tech Fanatic
 
TeamPink91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central FL
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
John why does it make for mid-corner push? So would you adjust front droop for this (mid-corner push)?
Jon, it will cause a mid-corner push due to the increased amount of suspension travel the additional droop(uptravel actually) creates, which will generate grip due to roll. I guess you could try and counteract it by putting in more front uptravel, but I really wouldn't start trying to cure an off-power push with droop anyway.
TeamPink91 is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:20 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,653
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamPink91
I guess you could try and counteract it by putting in more front uptravel, but I really wouldn't start trying to cure an off-power push with droop anyway.
I guess your hinting at maybe adjusting rear toe first (decrease rear toe to make the rear break loose faster, less push in the front) or maybe a thinner front swaybar first.
nf_ekt is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
kartermdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,120
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

unfortunately it isnt as easy as it sounds, to fix your off power push, you are going to create or possibly fix other problems. to fix the problem correctly we need to know what your car is doing through the whole corner, what would you like it to do better in the middle of the corner and coming off on power?
kartermdb is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 10:00 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 1,317
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kartermdb
unfortunately it isnt as easy as it sounds, to fix your off power push, you are going to create or possibly fix other problems. to fix the problem correctly we need to know what your car is doing through the whole corner, what would you like it to do better in the middle of the corner and coming off on power?
You're right, I was just giving some options he could do.
trilerian is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.