R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Latest Charger?.? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/137464-latest-charger.html)

Xanavi_R34 11-19-2006 09:47 PM

Latest Charger?.?

Uhm guys, I'm planning on buying a new charger that can charge any types of battery(NiCd, NiMh, Li Po, Li Ion, etc..) What do you think is the best and the latest so far charger this days? Please help me choose..

Thanks..

Anthony.L 11-19-2006 10:06 PM

MuchMore Cell Master

Mini Toink 11-19-2006 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
Uhm guys, I'm planning on buying a new charger that can charge any types of battery(NiCd, NiMh, Li Po, Li Ion, etc..) What do you think is the best and the latest so far charger this days? Please help me choose..

Thanks..

Much More CTX-C Cell Master Charger or Duratrax Intellipeak ICE Charger.
Hope this helps. ;)

Toink :eek:

Flam3b0y 11-19-2006 11:39 PM

Much More Cell Master for sure

nnick 11-19-2006 11:41 PM

I would say the same, although MM cell master doesn;t charge LiPo. I hope newer verion will though :) But I guess MM will release such verision only if they believe they need too ;)

Nick

marvi 11-19-2006 11:55 PM

xanavi, check out yokomo's version of the ice charger :nod: it's available in our lhs :nod: minitoink and i are using the same charger

- charges nicad, nimh, li-ion, and li-po
- various safety cutoffs: temp, capacity, voltage drop
- various charge types: linear, reflex, 4 step charging
- 10 user charge profiles
- large graphic display with blue backlight (backlight not available on the ice)
- includes temp probe (not available with the ice - extra cost option)
- motor run feature
- 10 amp discharge

on another note, i wish the next version should have the ff:
- higher discharge amps
- higher motor run amp limit
- RPM sensor for motor run
- additional user charge profiles
- LED's to indicate charging/discharging/on/off/etc. so you can just glance at the charger and know what it's doing, instead of looking at the display

overall, this is an excellent charger that can do almost anything :nod: sold my futaba cdr5000 (not lipo compatible and no motor run feature) with a heavy heart but the yoke charger's lipo & motor run feature made me not miss the cdr :nod:

BlueR1 11-20-2006 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by nnick
I would say the same, although MM cell master doesn;t charge LiPo. I hope newer verion will though :) But I guess MM will release such verision only if they believe they need too ;)

Nick

mm ctx-c does do li-po . you can hide the li-po function, so u may not know u have it.

syndr0me 11-20-2006 12:32 AM

Don't be fooled, the Cell Master's LiPo function was added in as a joke. Charging at a max of 1A isn't useful at all. If you NEED LiPo, get a different charger. Otherwise, the Cell Master is quite nice

kcrunchone 11-20-2006 02:06 AM

For what you are looking for I would say ICE. It has all the features you are looking for and will need..

Xanavi_R34 11-20-2006 03:47 AM

thanks guys for the answers.. but just a question about the MM, why do some of the guys are selling theirs if it is the good charger?

how much is this Duratrax Intellipeak ICE or yokomo Ice charger? are these two just the same or are they different?

and oh yeah, before I forget, how much does these charger cost? Please specify their prices.. thanks..

is the Swallow charger a good charger too?

thanks again and thanks in advance..

|JayFlores| 11-20-2006 04:02 AM

xanavi, the reason why some of the racers at our place sells the ctx-cellmaster because they want to try something new. :nod: but that doesnt mean its a bad charger. in fact, i just bought two units and im happy with it :lol:

li-po?? hmmm.. as of now i dont think it will hit the racing scene :sneaky: dont think critically about switching to li-po as soon as possible because its still sub-c cells that we use

Glowster21 11-20-2006 04:21 AM

I have used them all and currently use the GFX and an ICE. In my opinion, the ICE is the best charger on the market for the money. The LHS sells them for $149, does Lipo, 10a Discharge with curve displays, Motor Run, Multiple user profiles. Only thing it's missing is a backlight and for a few extra bucks and 15 minutes of your time you can change that. Cell Master is a great charger but no motor run was a turn off for me. Might want to check out the new MRC too....Has all the great options plus comes with a power supply and retails around $189.

MK_Arbiter 11-20-2006 04:35 AM

Is the Orion Advantage a good charger for lipo nicad and nimh?

Rob Phillips 11-20-2006 04:45 AM

I think the MM CTX is great charger, all though it doesn't run motors or charge lipo's, unless you're just charging TX packs. Like mentioned 1A is a little lame for a lipo charger. It's a really nice charger in a small package. Check out Nexus racing for all your Much More racing needs, great customer service and very good prices too.

I have heard many great things about the ICE aswell and it will charge Lipos. In fact, Tower has them for about $120. I might have to pick one up myself in the near future and dump off my Novak (good charger too but it deives me nuts). You also can't go wrong with a CE GFX, it does most everything you need, but too large for me. Got tired of haulin mine too the track. Not to mention the sticker shock of a new one, but you can find good deals on used ones on rctech.

Joel Lagace 11-20-2006 04:56 AM

ICE: As a matter of fact i think the magazines should award Duratrax with the product break through of the decade. They went from "basher only im a race wont even look at there gear." To "wow look at that pro level pocket sized charger!"

Seriously that charger should be a wake up call for the industry. All those features at aa extremely low price! I don't know much about much more other then there sticker prices scare the S#@T out of me. I bought a pyramid 20amp supply for 53$ vs there 24amp unit for 180$... to me thats alot of savings for a product i know pyramid makes better. Sorry to all the much more lovers. They make nice stuff but it sure cost alot.

Guys selling there chargers all the time makes me laugh. There is only so many ways to fill up the tank. You cant make cells better then they are with a charger. :)

Another charger to consider is that orion advantage they just released it with lipo