Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Intellect Battery 4200 (IB4200) World Champion VR-1 >

Intellect Battery 4200 (IB4200) World Champion VR-1

Intellect Battery 4200 (IB4200) World Champion VR-1

Reply

Old 11-19-2006, 08:03 PM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default Intellect Battery 4200 (IB4200) World Champion VR-1

I've just found it in a Jap magazine

Is this another new battery form Intellect ?

Any one use ?

Check this out :

akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Here we go again....And darn...I've just acquired 3 new packs of 4200s WC edition...
Ben.C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
  #3  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 8,139
Trader Rating: 202 (100%+)
Default

I do not know how much better these cells can get. Unless they are all 1.250V and 460sec and 1.0IR each one
dodgeguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:26 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

Phew, good thing I didn't buy too many WC packs. This battery thing is getting ridiculous.
Tek Nickal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
 
Pat Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Easton, Pa
Posts: 303
Default

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Unless they are all 1.250V and 460sec and 1.0IR each one

Dont know where your getting your cells, those numbers are already out...
Pat Clark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

With the increasing voltage and capacity, will the size be larger ? (not the sub-C anymore but it's real C size)....
I already seen some real-C size battery in form of stickpack.... ?

This battery thing is really insane .....
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

one word - LIPO
tbeardmore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM
  #8  
Company Representative
iTrader: (2)
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

VR-1 is the name that the Japanese market decided to use instead of World Champion. I'm not sure why they didn't want to call them WC but I can guarantee you that it's the same cell as the WC cells.
Danny/SMC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:56 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Updated batches of cells have been going on for a long time...

I remember several years ago people hunting for newere date codes on their 3000s and 3300s to make sure that they were the cells with the latest cell chemistry...

I don't know about everyone else, but the performance I'm seeing out of my IB4200WC cells hasn't left me wanting for anything....
ChrisP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Let's hope it's just a marketing strategy and not a real products ....

Danny, thanks for the info.... I think you should inform us more about this battery products ..... so many version... while I believe they're only slightest different one to another ( between each version of IB4200)..

I'm just a regular racer. I hope this hobby not driving me crazy....
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:13 PM
  #11  
Company Representative
iTrader: (2)
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

As one of Intellects biggest customer and partners I get to talk to them all the time. The IB4200 World Champion cell and VR-1 cell is the exact same cell. Not sure why the Japanese importer wanted to add VR-1 and I wish Intellect would of not allowed this as it's never good to create confusion.

To prove the the WC is the same as the VR-1 we have sent WC cells to Adachi , Hara and Billy Easton. These top drivers would not use anything but the best so if VR-1 would be new and better they would of used them.

I think NiMh battery technology is getting maxed out. Unless there is a new breakthrough in materials it will be hard for Intellect to improve on the current WC cells. Intellect is always trying to improve there cells but with the great power of the WC cells they will try to work on trying to make the cells to be more reliable as the low IR and high voltage makes it very challenging. As with any high performance product it's hard to make it perfect so we see some cells that die or self short. As a matcher we try to weed these out as best we can but some cells will do this after they have gone through our processing.



As usual always glad to give info when possible.
Danny/SMC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 AM
  #12  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
As one of Intellects biggest customer and partners I get to talk to them all the time. The IB4200 World Champion cell and VR-1 cell is the exact same cell. Not sure why the Japanese importer wanted to add VR-1 and I wish Intellect would of not allowed this as it's never good to create confusion.

To prove the the WC is the same as the VR-1 we have sent WC cells to Adachi , Hara and Billy Easton. These top drivers would not use anything but the best so if VR-1 would be new and better they would of used them.

I think NiMh battery technology is getting maxed out. Unless there is a new breakthrough in materials it will be hard for Intellect to improve on the current WC cells. Intellect is always trying to improve there cells but with the great power of the WC cells they will try to work on trying to make the cells to be more reliable as the low IR and high voltage makes it very challenging. As with any high performance product it's hard to make it perfect so we see some cells that die or self short. As a matcher we try to weed these out as best we can but some cells will do this after they have gone through our processing.



As usual always glad to give info when possible.
Thanks for the info.

Now, I have some questions regarding the 4200> cells.
Recently, my friend bought SMC IB4200 and I measure them (new and not assemble yet), using a digital multimeter and read the voltage is 0.916V (vary but all under 1V)...
While at the same time, I measure a loose cell non-matched of East Power battery products and it has a 1.2.. V (not charge, still new) ...

The question are :
1. Is it normal to have such matched batteries with that initial voltage like that ?

2. Is it possible if the fresh battery have bigger voltage ?

3. Will they be deteriorate if we not use them for long time (bought from the LHS and not assemble them for quite some time -> 2-3 mths) ? i.e. voltage drop.

4. Any side effect of charging this kind of cell (with initial voltage below 1 volt) i.e. less runtime, bigger IR or low punch ?

5. And any side effect for cell with high initial volt (1.216v in this case) ?
Will it be too hot so the ESC / motor can't stand the heat ?

6. How long does this 4200 mah MATCHED cells usually loose its performance (degradation)with such initial voltage like above (0.916V before assemble and charging), assuming I use them for racing twice a month and follow your battere maintenance tips.. ?


Thanks for the explanation ...
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:18 AM
  #13  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 154
Default

Originally Posted by akuhon
Thanks for the info.

Now, I have some questions regarding the 4200> cells.
Recently, my friend bought SMC IB4200 and I measure them (new and not assemble yet), using a digital multimeter and read the voltage is 0.916V (vary but all under 1V)...
While at the same time, I measure a loose cell non-matched of East Power battery products and it has a 1.2.. V (not charge, still new) ...

The question are :
1. Is it normal to have such matched batteries with that initial voltage like that ?

2. Is it possible if the fresh battery have bigger voltage ?

3. Will they be deteriorate if we not use them for long time (bought from the LHS and not assemble them for quite some time -> 2-3 mths) ? i.e. voltage drop.

4. Any side effect of charging this kind of cell (with initial voltage below 1 volt) i.e. less runtime, bigger IR or low punch ?

5. And any side effect for cell with high initial volt (1.216v in this case) ?
Will it be too hot so the ESC / motor can't stand the heat ?

6. How long does this 4200 mah MATCHED cells usually loose its performance (degradation)with such initial voltage like above (0.916V before assemble and charging), assuming I use them for racing twice a month and follow your battere maintenance tips.. ?


Thanks for the explanation ...
Really I'd liked to know, too. Is it good or not that intial voltages before charging is below 0.9v/cell????

Danny, I think U know already. :-)

Last edited by xtaiji; 11-20-2006 at 02:29 AM.
xtaiji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:29 AM
  #14  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by akuhon
Thanks for the info.

Now, I have some questions regarding the 4200> cells.
Recently, my friend bought SMC IB4200 and I measure them (new and not assemble yet), using a digital multimeter and read the voltage is 0.916V (vary but all under 1V)...
While at the same time, I measure a loose cell non-matched of East Power battery products and it has a 1.2.. V (not charge, still new) ...

The question are :
1. Is it normal to have such matched batteries with that initial voltage like that ?

2. Is it possible if the fresh battery have bigger voltage ?

3. Will they be deteriorate if we not use them for long time (bought from the LHS and not assemble them for quite some time -> 2-3 mths) ? i.e. voltage drop.

4. Any side effect of charging this kind of cell (with initial voltage below 1 volt) i.e. less runtime, bigger IR or low punch ?

5. And any side effect for cell with high initial volt (1.216v in this case) ?
Will it be too hot so the ESC / motor can't stand the heat ?

6. How long does this 4200 mah MATCHED cells usually loose its performance (degradation)with such initial voltage like above (0.916V before assemble and charging), assuming I use them for racing twice a month and follow your battere maintenance tips.. ?


Thanks for the explanation ...
Hi there,

Just curious. How do the unmatched East Power 4200 batteries compare with the unmatched IB4200 ? Are they generally better? or worse in performance? I am thinking of buying some new batts
Karmon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:07 AM
  #15  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by Karmon
Hi there,

Just curious. How do the unmatched East Power 4200 batteries compare with the unmatched IB4200 ? Are they generally better? or worse in performance? I am thinking of buying some new batts
Don't assemble yet .....
The EP 4200 is UV edition ....

I think they're in par with IB4200WC.
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service