R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A shameless plug for Brian:
Being a consistant B main runner in stock rubber, I managed to squeek into the A last weekend, thanks to Brian's brush jig.
I finally was able to to pull the local fast guys down the straight!
Even managed to get up to the front group, well untill my impressive driving skills took over( ) and got the dreaded body tuck.

The tool works perfect!!!!! Thanks Brian.

OK, it might not have been the tool alone, but I'm convinced.
Fred
Old 12-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones
A shameless plug for Brian:
Being a consistant B main runner in stock rubber, I managed to squeek into the A last weekend, thanks to Brian's brush jig.
I finally was able to to pull the local fast guys down the straight!
Even managed to get up to the front group, well untill my impressive driving skills took over( ) and got the dreaded body tuck.

The tool works perfect!!!!! Thanks Brian.

OK, it might not have been the tool alone, but I'm convinced.
Fred
I'm totally convinced that it's the brush jig alone, not Fred's driving!

J/K Fred.

"Because You Need It And Don't Know It!"

Dom
Old 12-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #48
Tech Elite

fred did have the hp last weekend,
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Smile Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool

Sounds Like I better get one of these

Patrick
ROAR # 11-118753 / MATT #11-118754
MECH # 11-118755 / RYLEE #11-118756
RIP :Loretta Plueard 2017
SUPPORTING NORTHWEST HARVEST --- WWW.NORTHWESTHARVEST.ORG THE HUNGER STOPS HERE
Skruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Patrick, your's will be at R/C Wed evening.
Dom's should be at R/C Plus by Wed.

I am staying up late letting the Paypal roll!

Thanks Fred! If I had known drilling a hole in your brush was going to get you in the A, I would have let you use my jig a month ago. It's not like we didn't pit right next to each other

That's right Dom; "because you need and don't know it"

.... not quite as catchy as "speed 'em all".... but catchy.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Pezz

I'll give up the plug as well. I have been borrowing Brian's Brush jig for a month or so and I have to say my motors are making more ponies because of it. I won the Sportsman oval class at the Nora oval two day race awhile back and part of that win was definitely because my motors were faster than everyone else on the track. It has also helped me to stay in the A mains at the point series races that have been going on here in the N.W.

Thanks Brian for loaning me the brush jig, and now that I have my own I will not have to borrow yours ever again.

-Pezz
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:24 AM   #52
Tech Regular

hi v interested in one of these. how much would it be for one shipped to the uk? thanks stephen
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Brian - Thanks for make a new tool, now I can retire my worn out brush jig!! I have mine on order from Robert at Ashford.

Down side, is now the old speed secret is out in the open!!!

Oh well, not the first time a speed tuning item has gone main stream!!! LOL
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #54

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default It's double plus good!

Thanks, Brian. This is an awesome tool. I was holding the brushes by hand and using just a drill bit before. It worked, but was a pain and hard on the fingers. The included drill bits have a great little aluminum handle on them that makes rolling the bit with your finger much easier than using the bit alone or a pin vice. Great quality and small so it's easy to store with all my other small motor tools.

This is one of those motor tools that everyone will want. It goes hand in hand with having spring post tools or alignment bars.

Thanks again!
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default spelling as usual !!!

Brian
got my present today over here in the UK ,very good service
very nice `little` item, as you can see how small it is compared to a pair od brush`s

used it allready too see what the fuss is about
i can see why now

2 pics
packaging & me using it for the first time
1 of the holes is slightly off centre due to the fact the `user` ME didn`t push the brush into slot to lay flat

pic 3 is the other xmas pressie i playing with aswell (TCS cooler system)
Attached Thumbnails
Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool-oksana-monthly-atc-swap-dec-031.jpg   Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool-oksana-monthly-atc-swap-dec-033.jpg   Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool-oksana-monthly-atc-swap-dec-015.jpg  

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 12-28-2006 at 03:34 PM.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Cool! (pun inteneded). A radiator for an electric car. Is there anyone on the sidelines going..... Hugh? So if you get in a bad wreck and the system gets chopped in half.... do we have to hand the corner marshals a rag to clean up?

A couple of Slapmaster product updates. I have only few Brush Cavity Tools in stock at the moment, but I do have another batch coming that should be ready in the 1st week of Jan.

The Flex Plate has arrived at my shop. I have run some of the aluminum parts off for red and blue anodizing and the plate off for hardening. While I can harden small batches of the flex plates at the shop, I will likely not have the full supply until the 3rd week of Jan. I should have available the standard kit, which does not have any anodized parts, ready in a day or two. If you need more info, drop me an email. Also look up Ashford Hobby; www.ashfordhobby.com, or Action Model Centre (UK).
Attached Thumbnails
Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool-flex-plate-bottom.jpg   Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool-flex-plate-mounted.jpg   Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool-flex-plate-top.jpg  
Team Orca orcharc.com
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Cool! (pun inteneded). A radiator for an electric car. Is there anyone on the sidelines going..... Hugh? So if you get in a bad wreck and the system gets chopped in half.... do we have to hand the corner marshals a rag to clean up?

A couple of Slapmaster product updates. I have only few Brush Cavity Tools in stock at the moment, but I do have another batch coming that should be ready in the 1st week of Jan.

The Flex Plate has arrived at my shop. I have run some of the aluminum parts off for red and blue anodizing and the plate off for hardening. While I can harden small batches of the flex plates at the shop, I will likely not have the full supply until the 3rd week of Jan. I should have available the standard kit, which does not have any anodized parts, ready in a day or two. If you need more info, drop me an email. Also look up Ashford Hobby; www.ashfordhobby.com, or Action Model Centre (UK).
What are the advantages of using this "flex plate"?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #58
Tech Elite

The Flex Plate replaces the rear pivot socket. It lowers the roll point of the rear suspension the thickness of the t-bar. Or in simple terms, it gives you a little more rear grip but most importantly, makes the car more consistent in the final minute of the race ..... you know when you the car is a mess from over steering. I have used it 3 different tracks, Paragon and Jack tracks with an improvement at all of them. Even the local drivers I gave them to, liked the improvement. If you car is super consistent right now and turn almost the same lap at the end as you do in the begining... you don't need this part. But, it you are fast in the begining, ok in the middle and just holding on towards the end.... this part if for you. Obviously, it only is going to work on a t-bar car. The thickness of the two spacers and the flex plate are the same thickness as a pivot ball. So if you have upper cross braces, it will not distort your dimensions. Also, since it is made of spring steel, it does add a little torsional tension that adds just a little more steering, but the grip it adds makes for a more consistent ride. I feel it's a win-win situation. They will be offered as a standard kit in a plain aluminum finish with 2-56 nuts, a red kit with red screws, nuts and spacers, and finally a blue kit; blue nuts, screws and spacers.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Old 12-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Brian - Looks interesting, make sure you send some off to Cannon in his next order.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:49 AM   #60
Tech Elite

i just do it by hand, its easy.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote