Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Caps, diodes, wiring >

Caps, diodes, wiring

Caps, diodes, wiring

Old 11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Caps, diodes, wiring

Almost finished my t2r, down to wiring. I have a LRP Quantum super sport, checkpoint 19t. The LRP came with a schottky and what looks like some resistors. I see a lot of people using caps, are they all plugging them into the power plug of the reciever or do some wire them inline with the motor? I also can't tell exactly where to solder the schottky to, should I solder it the brush tabs or the power tabs?
What are the resistor looking things for, they aren't mentioned in the manual, unless they are tiny caps?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure the LRP esc does not need caps, unless you decide to add one, then yes, place it inline with the motor.

What was included with the ESC are probably small capacitors which you solder onto your motor, the Checkpoint 19t has surface mounted capacitors, so no need to worry about that.

The diode should also be soldered onto your motor, and make sure it is facing in the right direction. (I forget which side its supposed to point to) It does not matter if you solder it onto the side with the brushes, or the side where your power wires are.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

The end with the silver band on the shottky diode goes on the positive terminal of the motor.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

thanks, I got it all wired up last night, except for needed to reverse my throttle, it went smoothly. What are the ends called for the servo reciever plugs? futaba style, I want to crimp new pins so I can shorten the wires.