Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NOVAK U.S. TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS January 3 - 7

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
The videos will be up as soon as they are done compiling. I have over 2 gigs of footage, so compiling it into a downloadable size movie takes about 20 hours of letting the PC sit and crunch away. FantasyRC results will be calculated shortly, I just need to enter all of the winners into the system. Eventually this will be automated as soon as the event is over, but at this point it is still in its infancy
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default THX!

What a great race scotty and the trackside crew put on, i had a awesome time despite the fact i had a bad result!! I am glad i finally had the chance to come to this event after years of support from scotty for our magma race.

For people who attended the race, most know about an isolated incident involving my wallet being stolen from the basement. i should have been more careful with my personal belongings but everyone makes mistakes. I was absolutely amazed to find out scotty/racers had come up with an idea for a pot to replace the money i had. unfortunately i had to leave early to catch a flight so i just want to say to everyone who contributed to this.....THANK YOU so very much! I dont think words can describe how thankful i am.... i will definately never forget what u guys did!

Scotty u truly are a one of a kind person! cya in 2 weeks at magma
Old 01-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Where's the race video? And hows the fantacy draft thing work on rclive? Do you get anything if you win. I picked a team want to know where the results are for it. Sounded like a great race, wish I could have made it.
If you win anything, I get half!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink one way to avoid cheating in stock-a-fied.....

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Perhaps ROAR should just eliminate the fixed end-bell rule all together.
I'll vote for that. Crank it pass the limit at your own risk.
Trying to increase tolerances on rc electric motors will add cost to the end user hinted by EP @ the big T.
Every year or so there is always a new stock motor ...ex. green,monster,binary,roar legal,co27,x..and the list goes on.
Just eliminate the fixed end-bell rule all together, make a round can with adj. timing and bushings.
My guess lap times will not improve that much but the issue of some people cheating in stock-a fied would be minimized.
The honest truth stock is not what it's meant to be. Racers are always
looking for that extra edge. Just the nature of tuning the stock motor by aligning the brush hoods to me, IMO, VOIDS the stock class.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Doug - Boomer

Where's the pictures
Old 01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
Doug - Boomer

Where's the pictures
I took a ton of pictures and will be working on them everyday after work. We will have them done and online as soon as possible

Boomer
Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You have not been racing very long I take it.....as non-fixed timing is a BAD BAD idea....

Back before ROAR went 24 and NORCCA went 36, stock motors could have any timing.....

So we had Twister Pocket Rockets and Raceprep Purple Hazes(some of these were handwound too) that were 40+ degrees of timing.....

Problem was, the motors burned out badly, especially if overgeared....

So all you would do, is turn it into a money war......

You will lose FAR more racers from a money war than you will from supposed cheating....

But hey, I am in the business of selling motors, so by all means.....burn them up at will and buy more:P

Later EddieO
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thumbs up to scottyand the crew at trackside, had a great time and wish i coulda raced...
also wished i woulda brought my off road car

mini looked like a blast....

think im gonna start racin semi pro....lol

p.s. sunday was the icing on the cake
Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Iknow i wouldnt mind paying 5 dollars extra for better tolerance on motors.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs down educating without cheap shots

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
I'll vote for that. Crank it pass the limit at your own risk.
You don't have to be in racing that long to know what too much timing would do "at your own risk". Taking cheap shots about how long a racer has been racing is not the solution. Educating the public might be a better approach IMO. This RC hobby has came a long way since ROAR went 24 and NORCCA went 36, for example : take a look at how many users are logged on to this site at any given time. More and more are doing research to find out what's the latest and greatest in the rc world.

Originally Posted by AEDave
These are crap and should be disallowed from the hobby, oh they explode as well,

everyone seems to be making excuses for them "you did not treat them right" etc, but hell this is dangerous and the manufacturers should be taken to task.

You will note that a young lady in this thread has had her sight damaged in one eye when her RX nicads blew up, guys this is serious stuff. apparantly this is just one of a number of incidences of IB4200s blowing up, they are far too fragile for our use......
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
These cells do not just explode on their own. User misuse or charger misuse is what causes these cells to explode. Ive matched thousands of cells and have not had any explode. It happens when people forget packs have charge in them or they are already fully charged and then try to charge them again. Or a charged pack get shorted out on a chassis or against something. That is not the batteries fault...Its the user's fault.

These cells are not idiot proof and all types of batteries are dangerous when mistreated or abused.

EA
this is another example of a racer educating without cheap shots.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
You don't have to be in racing that long to know what too much timing would do "at your own risk". Taking cheap shots about how long a racer has been racing is not the solution. Educating the public might be a better approach IMO. This RC hobby has came a long way since ROAR went 24 and NORCCA went 36, for example : take a look at how many users are logged on to this site at any given time. More and more are doing research to find out what's the latest and greatest in the rc world.

this is another example of a racer educating without cheap shots.

I wasnt taking a "cheap shot" I simply put it in terms average people can understand!! This same stuff has been posted EVERYWHERE and some people just dont seem to understand or comprehend it.

EA
Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
You have not been racing very long I take it.....as non-fixed timing is a BAD BAD idea....

Back before ROAR went 24 and NORCCA went 36, stock motors could have any timing.....

So we had Twister Pocket Rockets and Raceprep Purple Hazes(some of these were handwound too) that were 40+ degrees of timing.....

Later EddieO
Sad to say, I've been involved in RC back when we use to race a 1/12th scale "Jerobee" (sp) chassis with "RePete Fusco". If I remember correctly, adjustedable timed stock motors was never really a problem. As you pointed out its usually the users fault that a motor burns up.

As soon as ROAR enforced a fixed endbell is when all the cheating started. I remember watching so many drivers locking the arms through the can using a allen key and than use an old pinion gear and vise grip to crank on the arm and advance the timing. Guys would go to a "stock" handout race and purchase 3-4 motors, because they knew they would overcrank 1 or 2 them...

Back in the day at Bruckner Hobbies I would sell way more fixed endbell motors than adjustable. Reason why, guys felt the continual need to purchase the fixed endbell motor of the month.

Fortunately for me, I never had to deal with this...SCE's where not what they are today and racing modified was about as fast as stock is today.

Twister Pocket Rocket...now that was fun stock motor.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
What a great race scotty and the trackside crew put on, i had a awesome time despite the fact i had a bad result!! I am glad i finally had the chance to come to this event after years of support from scotty for our magma race.

For people who attended the race, most know about an isolated incident involving my wallet being stolen from the basement. i should have been more careful with my personal belongings but everyone makes mistakes. I was absolutely amazed to find out scotty/racers had come up with an idea for a pot to replace the money i had. unfortunately i had to leave early to catch a flight so i just want to say to everyone who contributed to this.....THANK YOU so very much! I dont think words can describe how thankful i am.... i will definately never forget what u guys did!

Glad to see you made it back home. I am still mad that your wallet got stolen. That sort of thing never happened before for as long as I have been racing. Glad to see the money helped. See you next year I hope
Old 01-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey

glad to see u made it home as well and happy u got some cash back also u did well running the 415 on foams hope to see u next year...
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

I haven't posted the bulk of my pictures, but I did upload about 30 pictures on www.liverc.com. Click on the Novak Race, then "View Racing", then "Event Pictures".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.