Old 12-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Same carpet...S***load of grip!
Old 12-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Dumas
Oh, these damn memory lapses I have. Correct me if I am wrong but last year I thought there was a great deal of traction at Trackside! Yes or no? Did scotty change the carpet from last year?
I believe last year they raced the New Years Day race on the Novak layout also... to help get the traction up. I dont remember anyone complaining about it last year.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Anyone in the US can get to trackside by saturday. I believe scotty also said on sunday that the xray drivers and associated drivers were gonna be showing up over the weekend and also race the new years day race.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A pro complaining about too much practice? Next cats and dogs will be living together
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

You guys are clueless... clueless. All Dumas is saying is that maybe everyone won't be able to be gone for 3 or 4 extra days, which would make the race 9 days. Sure everyone that lives less then an hour away doesnt see it as being a problem but what about everyone else that is spread out over the country. I know it will be a great event regardless, as it always is but I could see how it could be viewed as unfair.

Anyways, im gonna go practice on the nats track at CEFX... ITS OK THOUGH.. anyone can come out so its no big deal.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Two questions -

1) - Why hasn't this issue come up in years past if its such a big deal.

2) - Is practicing on BRAND NEW carpet with low traction going to give these drivers that big of an advantage by the qualifiers as compared to someone who shows up on Wednesday?

I can see it being an advantage to the novice/intermediate driver (myself included, though I'm not racing) so they get used to the layout. But I'd think the pros would be up to speed in just a few runs, especially when considering these pros have entire teams to work with to ensure they have the prime setup come qualifiers.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Two questions -

1) - Why hasn't this issue come up in years past if its such a big deal.

2) - Is practicing on BRAND NEW carpet with low traction going to give these drivers that big of an advantage by the qualifiers as compared to someone who shows up on Wednesday?

I can see it being an advantage to the novice/intermediate driver (myself included, though I'm not racing) so they get used to the layout. But I'd think the pros would be up to speed in just a few runs, especially when considering these pros have entire teams to work with to ensure they have the prime setup come qualifiers.
Well practice has always started weds with a new layout. I agree with you that it wont effect the pros as much.. but the pros only make up 20 of the 200 entries...
Old 12-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Then I'd encourage those 180 to go to Scotty and express any concerns in a positive manor. Note... I said positive... dont just go to him and ******.

Scotty runs top notch races and an awesome guy. If the majority want to run on a slicker then snot track on Wednesday - I'm sure he would consider changing it for next year.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think all this racing is due to the schedule of the racing we normally have and the holidays and the Novak.
Sunday is a normal race program for us. Monday is the 7(?)annual New Years Day Race. Tuesday is a normal race day too.
There is no way we wanted to tear down and rebuild a track Tuesday night after all that racing. The Novak schedule does state that practice starts on Wednesday.
Thats why the track will remain the same for the entire week. If you can make it early, great if you can't sorry.
The amount of local guys who run this race is very small compared to the out of towners.
IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS THIS YEAR!

Oh yeah and 20 sponsored guys out of 200? Maybe for Team X-Ray!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
If the majority want to run on a slicker then snot track on Wednesday - I'm sure he would consider changing it for next year.
wouldn't have that problem if you used PARAGON even the odor free FX version.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

WHATEVER!!! STAY HOME NASH!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

From what I was told it's not really any different this year than past. In the past years the Layout has been down the Saturday before but Scotty usually just changes 1 corner a little (Making a chicane tighter or looser, 180 longer or shorter, etc) so that it is changed a little.....But also so that the traction is good for the Novak race as all the other corners will be run on.....Good call in my opinion as the racers wont show up complaning about no traction like Vegas and and Cleveland!!

See ya Tuesday morning!

EA
Old 12-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default track

It's better to get the track up to speed "traction" anyway less work for me/everyone with med to high bite
Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

WooT wOOt!!!

less then a week away till the long week of racing!!! i know i can't wait? the track will be torn down tomorrow, and cleaned up, and jaimie will be reconstructing the track and they will lay it out friday night for practice saturday!

wish everyone a safe trip out to milwaukee!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Hello all, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is ready for wonderful New Year. Things are all set for the Novak race and I wanted you guys to hear if straight from me what the plan for the week is.

We will start setting up the Novak Layout track Thur and Fri and it will be open for the first time on Saturday. Sunday we will run a short race program since it is New Years Eve. Monday will be our annuall New Years Day race which we have done for the past 8 years. Tuesday is when most racers arrive and we will have open practice and run our normall Tuesday night club race. Wed will begin practice.

3 Years ago a racer suggested to me that maybe we should set up the layout a couple of days early to get a groove in the carpet. I felt that was not fair to the out of town racers then that same racer commented on how the first day of practice was a complete waist since the layout was so green. I thought that was a great suggestion and we did it. Doing this made the first day a usefull day of practice.

Now for this year they way the calendar is. I did not want to have to set up the layout on New Years Eve night. I would much rather be home with my family. And to do it Saturday was not an option since we will be so busy preparing for the event. So we will set it up Thur and Fri. Yes the layout will be up an extra day this year. We actually had all the boards torn down last week to paint and prepare them for the race, so if we wanted to give the locals an advantage, we would have set the Novak layout up last week and allowed all of them to run on it all this week. Man just think how much money I could have taken in from practice fees doing this. I guess I am not the smartest business man. But as most of you guys know, thats not our style, we do our best to run the fairest event we can.

But ask your self, will this really give anyone an advantage? As all of you guys know that travel around the US to the big races. THE FAST GUYS WILL ALWAYS BE FAST! and your set up will change alot from the first 2 days a layout is up to race time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and has a safe trip to Milwaukee and we look forward to having you as our guests for another great Novak race at Trackside.

Thanks,
Scotty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.