R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-22-2006, 07:43 AM   #136
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H
Is that what it takes to make the TC5 competitive
I didn't make the rules Tamiya has Ferrari bodies in stock. And 3200 LiPos are available.

The TC5 needs no help, nor do I.

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 12-22-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

So even though lipos aren't legal at any other big races you feel you can run them here because it doesn't say nimh on the registration form?

Every other racer coming to this race knows lipos are not allowed. After reading your posts on this thread and the "its everybodys fault" thread you know you cant run them.

I guess this would be the fault of the race organizer for not micro managing the rules section of the entry form. Even though 99.9% of the racers going to this race and other races like it understand that roar rules are applied.

In the future I hope that this race organizer and others dont ASSUME that all rc racers can understand that if roar rules were applied for the last 8 years that they will be applied this year also.

The entry form for these races will get pretty long if all the things you cant do needs to be listed. Or how about you just accept it like all the other racers coming to this race that lipos are not legal.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H
So even though lipos aren't legal at any other big races you feel you can run them here because it doesn't say nimh on the registration form?

Every other racer coming to this race knows lipos are not allowed. After reading your posts on this thread and the "its everybodys fault" thread you know you cant run them.

I guess this would be the fault of the race organizer for not micro managing the rules section of the entry form. Even though 99.9% of the racers going to this race and other races like it understand that roar rules are applied.

In the future I hope that this race organizer and others dont ASSUME that all rc racers can understand that if roar rules were applied for the last 8 years that they will be applied this year also.

The entry form for these races will get pretty long if all the things you cant do needs to be listed. Or how about you just accept it like all the other racers coming to this race that lipos are not legal.
Entry forms could say ROAR rules and be done with it.

I feel that based on the entry form and web page for this race, any battery is legal as long as it does not exceed 4300 mAh.

LiPos have been allowed at other big races in 2006, and 4200s and 4300s have been allowed at most races in the last half of 2006 (even though not ROAR legal).
Old 12-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #139
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=Josh H

Even though 99.9% of the racers going to this race and other races like it understand

[/QUOTE]

Its not a Roar race .......
So firgure next time....

Rules R not to be assume to b as you may think, Just look back at last year`s race .

New things like brushless, ect have day view at this event before....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #140
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Go get 'em, Rick. Make them tell you "no," and let us know if they do. Just "accepting it" is for sheep. Baaaaaaa...
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #141
Tech Master

why is there so much hateing going on??? this is the season to be jolly!!!

if you believe josh h is wrong or what ever call up trackside and ask for the rules and hear it for your self then.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Lets stop the confussion right now......The only way lipos will be run at this race is if you strap them in your TC and walk outside and start turning laps in the parking lot.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #143
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR 85
why is there so much hateing going on??? this is the season to be jolly!!!

if you believe josh h is wrong or what ever call up trackside and ask for the rules and hear it for your self then.
Please...
Show us on the entry form where the name Roar is printed ?

Not bashing , just trying to help...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #144
Tech Lord

I'd rather do something and apologize for it later than ask permission and be told "no."

This is a perfect opportunity (non-ROAR race) to experiment with new things in a competitive setting and see how they do. If the guys can make weight in mod, let them run LiPo and see how it turns out. Clearly, there's an ambiguity in the rules leaving the door open.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #145
Tech Lord

Quote:
Lets stop the confussion right now......The only way lipos will be run at this race is if you strap them in your TC and walk outside and start turning laps in the parking lot.
Is that an official response? If so, with that attitude, I'll be sure to NEVER frequent this race, and complain to the race sponsors.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #146
Tech Regular

Scotty--- Line 1
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to D Hunt 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
This is a perfect opportunity (non-ROAR race) to experiment with new things in a competitive setting and see how they do. If the guys can make weight in mod, let them run LiPo and see how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Howart
This ought to be fun. Ferrari 360 body and 3200 LiPo in 19T!
Hmmmm.
D Hunt 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #148
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Hey it doesnt say 6 cell max....so I can run like 7 or 8 cells in stock if I want right.... Gimme a break....
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #149
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is that an official response? If so, with that attitude, I'll be sure to NEVER frequent this race, and complain to the race sponsors.
NO that is not an official response unless it comes from Scotty himself on here. I am pretty sure that Lipo's are not legal for this race or he would have probably put on there "Lipo's legal in X and X classes" but on the same token he probably should have put "Sub C cells only" if indeed that is the rule. I guess Scotty figured guys would be able to use some common sense about this race or ASK him if unsure.

And I wouldnt let the comments of a few people stop you from attending this race as it is one of the best races in the country!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
Hey it doesnt say 6 cell max....so I can run like 7 or 8 cells in stock if I want right.... Gimme a break....
Yeah why not? At least someone realizes the point I am trying to make.