R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
shoot......ive gone to a "bar" and drank with derek.....watched a guy puke out the window( in front of derek..lol) little might have gotten on him...

seen him at every race.....and im pretty sure he doesnt remember my name...haha

but im just as bad....i work for an rc company....my memory sucks....thats why i dont work for nasa....maybe thats why he doesnt either..

*in no way am i defending derek*

First, I can see your name in your screen name, so well I do remember you Garret, and remember you from Vegas, and Snowbirds. I may not remember everybody's name the first time, but if I see you enough I will. It's hard when people recognize you because of the mag, and I've never met them.

And our magazine is trackside, or even household bathroom material. Funny enough that's part of the "model" for our magazine, and just about any magazine I read.

If you're going to try and hurt me at least make fun of my thinning hair, or little bell-o-beer.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
WOW.................talk about getting blown out of proportion I'm embarrassed to say that i race the Florida state series

all of this is making us sound like a bunch of Bitches

this is like starting a thread about how XRC did not pick my car for the readers ride

I don't make generalizations from the actions of few. But feel free to generalize the magazine from the actions of one. I don't BS and cut to the point. Some like it, some don't. Defensive, sure. When I feel like somebody is just starting something to cry, and be a jerk.

But to think that everybody is that way, I don't.

The only real way you don't get picked for Racers Rides is a crappy shot. Otherwise it's about a 3-4 month difference in when you send it in, to when it goes in.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:37 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

sweet....i knew you remembered me...

helps that i hang out with eddie....

im not making fun.....just waiting for the birds for some more pranks....
Old 11-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
I don't make generalizations from the actions of few. But feel free to generalize the magazine from the actions of one. I don't BS and cut to the point. Some like it, some don't. Defensive, sure. When I feel like somebody is just starting something to cry, and be a jerk.

But to think that everybody is that way, I don't.

The only real way you don't get picked for Racers Rides is a crappy shot. Otherwise it's about a 3-4 month difference in when you send it in, to when it goes in.

yeah i understand but they say it only takes one to bring down an army

lol.....and as far as racers rides i was just saying how child like this thread is

We're going to skate to one song and one song only!
Dave Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
I really only came because I thought Guinness was being served there, turns out it was Guinness Book Of Records.

and to change my magazine rack around a little, thanks again for coming up Derek
rchoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchoudini

and to change my magazine rack around a little, thanks again for coming up Derek

I enjoyed it, wish that I wasn't in a deadline so I could have gone downtown. Awesome flying in and seeing a GIANT volcano sticking above the clouds and the space needle to the left.

And if you think I moved magazines at your store, when I'm out at bookstores you'd think that XRC was everywhere, lol. Maybe next Enduro the team I endorse actually runs for 14 hours! Wait 24
Old 11-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yikes..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB

Last edited by tallyrc; 11-10-2006 at 04:13 PM.
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
great, so one of the biggest rc mags in the world is in the hands of this dick? yikes..
Better than yours apparently. Been in my hands for just about 5 years, in which we've doubled in page count and doubled in circulation. But you win, with your superior intellectual skill and knowledge. You get the keys to my car and my Credit Cards. Were should I send them to?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

you could neither fathon the depth nor breadth of my intellect. your fascile minded notion that we are all inferior to you is weak.. maybe your article should have been the "best series i could think of off the top of my head on short notice" way to double the thickness of your mag with articles about RTR's and ads... both reason's i no longer subscribe.. also way to slam everybody that criticises your article rather than apologize for the blatant oversites and move on like a professional.. learn that on the yearbook staff?

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
you could neither fathon the depth nor breadth of my intellect. your fascile minded notion that we are all inferior to you is weak.. maybe your article should have been the "best series i could think of off the top of my head on short notice" way to double the thickness of your mag with articles about RTR's and ads... both reason's i no longer subscribe.. also way to slam everybody that criticises your article rather than apologize for the blatant oversites and move on like a professional.. learn that on the yearbook staff?

Another internet wizard. Feel free to come be so tough in person at some point. Funny how people are so free flowing with right-clicking a thesaurus and so tough.

Boring.

Last edited by DerekB; 11-10-2006 at 04:38 PM.
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1 international fathom is equal to:

* 6 feet (1 foot is about 0.1667 fathoms)
* 2 yards (1 yard is 0.5 fathoms)
* 1.8288 metres (1 metre is about 0.5468 fathoms)
* 72 inches

"Facile has two main meanings. The much less common meaning, the one the university was employing, is the older of the two. It means something thatís easy to understand, or easily accomplished. At one time it could even imply that a person had good manners, or was courteous or affableóin other words someone whose behaviour was easy or effortless.

The word, and its positive senses, came to us through Middle French from the Latin facilis (so the word is closely connected to our facilitate and facility). When applied to things facilis meant they were easy to do, but applied to people it meant courteous or pliant. It first appeared in English in an early printed book, Caxtonís translation of the Fables of Aesop of 1483.

As always, something thought to be easy was valued accordingly: if it was easy, it couldnít be important or valuable. So a second meaning grew up, a derogatory one which is now often the first to be cited in dictionaries: something glib thatís superficially convincing but actually simplistic. If you speak these days of a man with a facile intellect, youíre most likely to be saying that he is shallow of mind and specious of opinion. As an echo of the original Latin, it can also mean somebody who is markedly pliant, easily convinced or swayed by the views of others.

Curiously, only two of my many style guides warn about this word. The second edition of Fowler does (though the third doesnít). But Godfrey Howard is very firm in The Good English Guide: ďAlthough facile means easy and without effort, it always carries with it the negative meaning of superficial ... facile should never be used in a complimentary senseĒ. Perhaps the other guides are so certain this is known they donít feel they need to mention it. "

-worldwidewords.org

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

As Chairman of the Minnesota Off-Road Nitro Series, we were honored to be listed, only 4 years old but rapidly growing..
Thank you to his sponsors Mugen, J-Concepts, The Nitro Shop, Loosenuts Racing, Savage RC Motorsports, Ford Designs.net and FTR...
Jeff Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

at least XRC doesnt have 27 pages (i counted) of traxxas ads....
Old 11-11-2006, 05:21 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
at least XRC doesnt have 27 pages (i counted) of traxxas ads....
Is that what you have been doing all day Gert, trying to count to 27. How many times did you have to start over?

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #45
Tech Master

In all honesty, we've run catelog pages from companies before, but since we stick to 50/50 on ad to edit ratio if we got those 27 pages, we'd have 27 more pages in that issue.

It would be like saying at least br00d didn't sell 27 cases to ROAR if they wanted to use them in a class br00d didn't support.