R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Greatest Touring Cars (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/136169-greatest-touring-cars.html)

juanfinesse 11-08-2006 06:44 PM

Greatest Touring Cars

Hello, im Juan, Fairly new to R/C tech

I currently have a traxxas 4-tec with novak electronics and a high torque servo. I do O.K. at my club, 2nd and 3rd but i am thinking of upgrading to a better touring car that is not entry level. Can anybody tell me of some good kits that are around or less than $400? I have good experience with R/C as i have learned most of the parts of the cars.

Thanks a lot,

Juan

Dreddlox 11-08-2006 06:57 PM

There are alot of kits in that price range, what are the guys at your local club running and what parts does your local hobby shop carry? Those should help you make your decision. :nod: .

juanfinesse 11-08-2006 07:07 PM

xray, but all those carbon touring calls look the same so its hard to tell, but most of em got xrays.

jakster 11-08-2006 07:13 PM

take a look at the tamiya ta-05 its a great car that can be upgraded. its a real deal at $150 or less.
its a very easy car to drive and set up!
you will not be dissapointed! then you can buy some quality gear to go with the car at that price!

Ben.C 11-08-2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
xray, but all those carbon touring calls look the same so its hard to tell, but most of em got xrays.

Then you should get a Xray...As most people can give you setup tips.And parts won't be a problem.

sharkman 11-08-2006 07:33 PM

There are plenty of good used xray 05 and t2's out there for sale in the $200-$300 price range.

Car is one of the most durable and easy to tune out there. You will not be dissapointed.

Dreddlox 11-08-2006 08:08 PM

What sharkman said is true. You can get a nice used T2 with some of the upgrades for about 225-250 and still have some change for accessories.

Tsquare 11-08-2006 08:48 PM

Right now you can find many used 415MSX's in great condition for 200.00 dollars. Guy's are upgradig to the 415MRE, but the MSX is a great car, and unless you are a factory skil level driver you won't know the difference between the MSX and MRE. Their is not a better car for the money available today.

F. Mendoza 11-08-2006 10:25 PM

I'd really reccomend the XRay T2. Great car and very durable. Easy to drive and very fast. :)

Jochim_18 11-08-2006 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
I'd really reccomend the XRay T2. Great car and very durable. Easy to drive and very fast. :)

Xray change car more often that I change my drawsss :D :D :D :D I don't want a car that only last for a couple of months.

CAlbrecht 11-08-2006 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Xray change car more often that I change my drawsss :D :D :D :D I don't want a car that only last for a couple of months.

Damn these kids learn fast..

Ben.C 11-09-2006 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Right now you can find many used 415MSX's in great condition for 200.00 dollars. Guy's are upgradig to the 415MRE, but the MSX is a great car, and unless you are a factory skil level driver you won't know the difference between the MSX and MRE. Their is not a better car for the money available today.

Actually, you don't need a skill of a factory driver to feel that the MRE is a better handling car to the MSX. I'm just an average Ben.I can already feel the MRE is better handling out of the box... :nod:

But probably if you set the MSX to the MRE box setup, it should feel the same.I didn't had the chance to try as I sold my MSX very soon after I got the MRE. :sweat:

GCT69 11-09-2006 05:45 AM

I would get a TA05 or EVO 5 by Tamiya, not only their tough but also price of parts are cheap.

1fastdude 11-09-2006 07:56 AM

Two words for ya................................................ .RDX :nod:

Z.Hallett 11-09-2006 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Two words for ya................................................ .RDX :nod:

not sure about two words........but ya the rdx is a great car. very tunable. most had problems w/ durability but they have fixed that.

-Zac