Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbsmith1
yes as people have said you could use Mark paynes Xray ball ends, or another idea i posted on CRC`s forum is a knurled height adjuster used for adjusting the height of the sticks on a Futaba radio. see attached pics.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Picture024.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Picture014.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Picture015.jpg
HTH

ah, i just see some one linked it,cheers Yankey.

Great idea! I think i'll try this! What size is the ball link, or what kit did it come from?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

They are X-Ray part nos. 303220 (link ends) and 303240 (pivot balls).
Old 10-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
They are X-Ray part nos. 303220 (link ends) and 303240 (pivot balls).

Thanks Scott!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Regional Moderator

FYI Mark Payne's 12th scale blog:
http://www.markpayneblog.blogspot.com/
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bullit proofing the side links of my 3.2, has been greatly enhanced with Tamiya 415 front link ball ends and cups on a turnbuckle. This lowers the roll centre, so you have to work on the height of the centre ball.

Then having ripped one of the Tamiya cups and the local tracks not stocking them, I came up with Xray 5.8 threaded ball and rod ends. These look even beefier. Can't wait to test durability at SIR this w/end.

This link thing will transpose to the Gen-X.

Jacko
Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

For someone new to the GenX and 1/12th racing in general...

What general spares/tuning bits/etc should I have a small stock of when racing this car?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

What general spares/tuning bits/etc should I have a small stock of when racing this car?

The care is great out of the box but pick up some front arms and the new molded ride height spacers for the front. You could also get a few different front and rear springs. I had never raced 1/12 until last year (was a touring guy) and with the stock setup qualified 8 seconds behind one of the fastest guys in our area with the stock setup.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

IRS rear axle ride height adjusters and the #4262 Precision Front Ride Height Shims to start with for ride height adjustment.

The car is pretty durable. You shouldn't need much if anything to start out with. But just in case... maybe an extra set of front arms and also MAYBE a pair of side links (I have yet to bend/brake one, but it doesn't hurt to have a pair on hand). Otherwise, again, you shouldn't really need much.

For adjustments... #3390 .45 springs and MAYBE the #3394 .55 springs for the front spring tuning options. I don't think anyone goes beyond that range and the car comes with the .50.

Some guys run different side springs. Red is common for more steering... greens if you need even more. Car comes with White. They also have a side spring kit #1280 which has a few other colors that you may or may not use.

**NOTE: Part numbers above are CRC numbers.

Associated has a pan car spring kit for the center shock. This would be a pretty standard buy for most 12th scales. Sorry I don't have the part number with me.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was wondering if someone could post CRC 1/12th scale tire coumpounds from softest to hardest, For both front and rears.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CShearburn
IRS rear axle ride height adjusters and the #4262 Precision Front Ride Height Shims to start with for ride height adjustment.

The car is pretty durable. You shouldn't need much if anything to start out with. But just in case... maybe an extra set of front arms and also MAYBE a pair of side links (I have yet to bend/brake one, but it doesn't hurt to have a pair on hand). Otherwise, again, you shouldn't really need much.

For adjustments... #3390 .45 springs and MAYBE the #3394 .55 springs for the front spring tuning options. I don't think anyone goes beyond that range and the car comes with the .50.

Some guys run different side springs. Red is common for more steering... greens if you need even more. Car comes with White. They also have a side spring kit #1280 which has a few other colors that you may or may not use.

**NOTE: Part numbers above are CRC numbers.

Associated has a pan car spring kit for the center shock. This would be a pretty standard buy for most 12th scales. Sorry I don't have the part number with me.
awesome.

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by IMTK422
I was wondering if someone could post CRC 1/12th scale tire coumpounds from softest to hardest, For both front and rears.
here a great CRC article on the colour codes and shore ratings.
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...article&sid=27
Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Bullit proofing the side links of my 3.2, has been greatly enhanced with Tamiya 415 front link ball ends and cups on a turnbuckle. This lowers the roll centre, so you have to work on the height of the centre ball.

Then having ripped one of the Tamiya cups and the local tracks not stocking them, I came up with Xray 5.8 threaded ball and rod ends. These look even beefier. Can't wait to test durability at SIR this w/end.

This link thing will transpose to the Gen-X.

Jacko
Having 'done' the SIR race, I can say the mod is very beefy. Traction roll was the big problem and roll it did, with never a faulter on the links. Thay might just have lowered the roll centre too much though. In retrospect, I never thought of this factor all w/end as I struggled with the worst time racing the car ever. So too low a roll centre would be fixed by putting shims under the link balls and the centre mount, right ?

Jacko
Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IMTK422

Thanks
I think CRC's tire chart page is a bit outdated. I can't give exact numbers... but I can give a reference based on my own experience.

Rears (The most grip to the least grip)

Pink (high rubber, good wear)
White (low rubber, wears FAST)
Magenta (high rubber, good wear)
Grey (not sure on rubber.... I think low?, decent wear)

Front (most grip to least grip)

Magenta (high rubber, good wear)
Grey (low rubber, wears FAST)
Purple (high rubber, decent wear)
Black (low rubber) I have no experience with this tire. Meant for really high bite bigger races.

The Purple/Grey combination (which comes withthe CRC cars) is a good starting point for Stock.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong in the above... but this is based on my own experience. Mileage may vary
Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks CShearburn
Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

white bite more then pinks so it s

white
pink
meg. double pink what ever you want to call i t
grey
black

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.