Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #796
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AChupp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCJ
The Losi Mini-T foam stand works great!
Do you have a link or part #. I can't seem to find it.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #797
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

here's what it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DYNAMITE-DYN2571...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #798
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

for any one one that is interested i will email frank my setup from the birds so he can post it on the web site i tq'ed and finished second with a very easy to drive car that held a ton of corner speed . i also believe tom's set up will be posted very soon also .
Old 02-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #799
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCJ
The Losi Mini-T foam stand works great!
Yup...I'll have a few in a couple of days. I have 5 or 6 of them waiting on me to pick up as samples. PM me if you're interested so I know how many to have made in the first run.

Stands will be $10 each + shipping. I'll post pics as soon as I get one in my greedy little hands.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #800
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

.... Posted in the "CRC Front End" thread as well ...

Hi gang,

Thanks to all for the input on the new Generation X and the Pro Strut front end. Obviously we have some very happy customers (thanks guys for your valuable input) and some drivers that are having some issues with the front arms.

After reading some of the input here on the forum about arms cracking when cutting threads with the cut-screw, we took some time and ran cut screws in hundreds of front arm mounting holes. We threaded them in straight as normal and we intentionally ran the cut screw “cross-hole”, angling the screw at a sharp angle to attempt to intentionally break the front arm hole. We used both the supplied “L” key as well as a hex driver to drive the cut screw into the arm to get a full idea if any particular method would cause a failure. The result: not one broken arm.

We cooled a number of arms in a freezer and we were able to crack one of the 12 holes we tried (6 arms). Only the very first hole in the frozen arm cracked. It seems that as the arms warmed up from being taken from the freezer, the plastic took on enough heat to stop cracking after the first hole.

The only other way we could get an arm to crack was to run the cut screw through so deeply that the countersink head of the screw forced the hole to widen, therefore cracking the arm.

The recent Snowbirds use round PVC pipe which is typically very tough on cars. The nature of the round pipe causes the cars to burrow under the equator of the pipe making the cars “stick” to the wall rather than glance off the wall. Many touring cars at this race suffered “C” hub failures because of this. However, a good majority of the competitors at the Snowbirds using the Pro Strut front end had zero failures. The drivers that did break arms were typically (but not always) using the red ride spacers which we are now phasing out in favor of flat graphite and/or soon to be released molded ride spacers.

The CRC Generation X with the Pro Strut front end ran very well, qualifying 1 through 4 in 1/12th stock. The same combination finished 1-2-3 and 5th. In modified, 3 Gen-X cars were in the A-final. In 1/12th oval, we had 2 CRC Razor II oval cars in that final as well, finishing 3rd on the podium, again with the Pro Strut front end. These good results prove the performance and race winning durability of the front end.

These cars were fitted with standard Pro Strut front ends, no fancy team plastic, just stock parts. If we were worried about the integrity of the arm, with the even slightest chance to lose this prestigious race because of a failure, the top 4 cars would have had some type of protective measure (bumpers, foam, something…). There was no need for this. Additionally, the top 4 cars in 1/12th stock were in an intense battle for the win. All 4 were Gen X cars with one non-CRC car getting in the mix occasionally. There were no team orders, these four Gen X’s were truly battling for the win. There were a number a big crashes and tangles between these cars in the A-final. Again, no failures with a complete CRC podium finish.

However, obviously from the feedback here, some are still having problems with the arm, so we will continue to work to improve the product. If you have an issue, pop us an e-mail at [email protected] and explain the situation to us. How did the arm break? Where? What kind of barriers? Did you use the aluminum spacer or graphite shim? That is the information we need to make the best pan car front end even better. With all this internet chatter regarding the arm, we have yet to receive an e-mail regarding any issues.

As development goes on, we will make running changes to improve the performance and durability of the front end. Keep in mind, the former “standard” front end from Associated, went through many, many changes in both shape and material in its 14 year existence. The Pro Strut has been out since November. It has won and/or dominated all 3 large 1/12th races that have occurred since its debut.

Regarding the setups from the Snowbirds, look for data from the top cars at the event on the Team CRC site soon.

Thanks again for the support; you can count on CRC to deliver the finest products.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #801
Tech Apprentice

Default Good Job CRC on the Snowbirds.

Congrats to Team CRC on the Snowbirds finals.
I just love this car.......

Jack
jackh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #802
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to joey

the more i read about this car the more i want one but my 3.2R still hasnt let me down..

i also run the pro-strut front end on my 3.2 i broke one lower arm but that was with some weekends of racing on the front end already..
Old 02-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #803
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey
the more i read about this car the more i want one but my 3.2R still hasnt let me down..

i also run the pro-strut front end on my 3.2 i broke one lower arm but that was with some weekends of racing on the front end already..
oh man you think you like that car just wait till you get the gem x.
it will make you a hole new person.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #804
Tech Master

joey i used to say the same thing until vvegas hit and i ran the gen x for the first time i used almost the same set up and the car was easier to drive and had faster lap times on the track
Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #805
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to joey

im gonna get the Gen-X soon.. i do love the new front end ive been running it on my 3.2 for a couple of weeks and the assembly was great and easy...
Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #806
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply CRC. It's good to know that you guys are looking into this. Great customer support for a great product.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #807
Tech Adept

hm. I have not broken any font ends, and are using the carbon under. i have broken a rear aksel. DO

I love the car, very fast, have a lots off stering, i tryd many difrent setups today
and it stil hade stering, i dident beliv it, it is fast...

:-)

GO CRC, veld done, Frank, John, Robert :-)
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #808
Tech Master

i emailed frank mty set up from the snowbirds today so once he gets it on a sheet i am sure he will post it on his site
Old 02-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #809
Tech Initiate

i broke 2 more arms and 1 from threading last night within 2 minutes of practice.
then I cut my tires down and put the graphite spacer on with some shims. I didn't break any the rest of the night and hit stuff just as hard.
urvaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #810
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Anyone care to PM me a low bite, high technical setup for my track?