R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #781
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

maybe they should make 2 different arms i like the ones now but for those that want make softer ones
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #782
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 77
Default

Has anyone tried bolting the caster blocks on through the chassis? There are countersunk holes in the chassis to do it and it seems like adding the support of the two 4-40 flatheads would help. You need the graphite shims and would have to drill holes through your other shims, but if it worked...

James
Yankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #783
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankey
Has anyone tried bolting the caster blocks on through the chassis? There are countersunk holes in the chassis to do it and it seems like adding the support of the two 4-40 flatheads would help. You need the graphite shims and would have to drill holes through your other shims, but if it worked...

James
i think to change ride hight you would have to take apart the hole front end.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #784
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
i think to change ride hight you would have to take apart the hole front end.
Bahhhh just get new tires every other run...

On a serious note - has anyone tried boiling the front arms if they are that brittle? I know for some of the offroad car parts, we have done this with great success - why not these?

Oh and Wally.... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! and Mugen Rulez. I mean rullz.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #785
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
Bahhhh just get new tires every other run...

On a serious note - has anyone tried boiling the front arms if they are that brittle? I know for some of the offroad car parts, we have done this with great success - why not these?

Oh and Wally.... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! and Mugen Rulez. I mean rullz.
rullz is a metal thing LOL and if you boil the arms it will make them spongy LOL HMMMMMM you should run a 1/12 dude
off road eh hmmmmmm cheaper than nitro.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #786
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
you should run a 1/12 dude
GEN-X is on its way.... should be racing with you maniacs next week.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:38 AM   #787
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankey
Has anyone tried bolting the caster blocks on through the chassis? There are countersunk holes in the chassis to do it and it seems like adding the support of the two 4-40 flatheads would help. You need the graphite shims and would have to drill holes through your other shims, but if it worked...

James
I did this and have not broken an arm since. It works really good. When I used the stock aluminum spacers I was not so lucky.

Paul
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:05 AM   #788
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Another idea would be to countersink the holes on the 3mm carbon spacers and bolt those to the arms. That should help it out a bit too? I haven't had any problem with breakage but might be an idea.
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #789
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Another idea would be to countersink the holes on the 3mm carbon spacers and bolt those to the arms. That should help it out a bit too? I haven't had any problem with breakage but might be an idea.
That sounds like a good idea. Might have to give that try.
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #790
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AChupp2
Default

Does anyone know where to get a foam car stand for 12th scale cars? I am looking for something similar to the Xray foam stand but smaller for 12th scale.
__________________
Fantom Racing Team Manager
AChupp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #791
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03
I did this and have not broken an arm since. It works really good. When I used the stock aluminum spacers I was not so lucky.

Paul
anybody got a quick picture of this?
__________________
The products and places I support.
www.michianarc.com www.facebook.com/michianarc - www.russellrc.com
www.teamtekin.com - www.teamcrc.com - www.teamassociated.com
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #792
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChupp2
Does anyone know where to get a foam car stand for 12th scale cars? I am looking for something similar to the Xray foam stand but smaller for 12th scale.
Blake (dr hfuhuhurr) mentioned a couple days ago that he was bringing something like this out very soon. I'm interested to see what he's got.

Alternatively, I've got a few of the P-dub 1/12 stands. They work well but to my mind are maybe a bit over-priced for what they are but hey, no one was holding a gun to my head.

Scottrik
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #793
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AChupp2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
Blake (dr hfuhuhurr) mentioned a couple days ago that he was bringing something like this out very soon. I'm interested to see what he's got.

Alternatively, I've got a few of the P-dub 1/12 stands. They work well but to my mind are maybe a bit over-priced for what they are but hey, no one was holding a gun to my head.

Scottrik
I didn't see any on the P Dub site. I tried to contact P Dub not to long ago and didn't get any response either. I think he is still doing business but he may not have the same stand you are talking about.
__________________
Fantom Racing Team Manager
AChupp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #794
Tech Master
 
JFCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default car stand

The Losi Mini-T foam stand works great!
__________________
* www.tsrcar.com * John's BSR Racing Tires * Serpent America * BOCA Bearings *
JFCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #795
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
GEN-X is on its way.... should be racing with you maniacs next week.
cool and ill show you how to NOT break front arms.the more i think of it the more i realy hate the old ae front end.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRC's new GENX10 younghovaa Electric On-Road 3 02-08-2008 06:13 PM
WTB generation X ltrdude R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 12-15-2007 06:03 AM
*CRC Generation-X samstheman2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-08-2007 06:27 PM
CRC's New Clik-Trak Barrier System KyLayfield Electric On-Road 30 09-19-2007 04:35 AM
CRC Generation X Lextek R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-25-2007 04:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net