R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #316
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

thinking about picking up a gen-x front-end kit. Any spares I should get?
__________________
www.freerice.com
Help hungry people while learning.
smojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #317
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smojoe
thinking about picking up a gen-x front-end kit. Any spares I should get?
Different front springs.
Stock is .50 so go from there.
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #318
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

I've come to the conclusion there's no way the GTB is not going to hang off the side of the chassis....
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #319
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I've come to the conclusion there's no way the GTB is not going to hang off the side of the chassis....
I've seen one but it was a Novak driver that disasembled it somewhat and it impressed me so much I requested one to be made for me....LOL
-Shookie <><
Maybe Novak, LRP, Caste Creations, Tekin and Orion will take the hint that 12th scale want brushless but hate the huge ESC's.....
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #320
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Ok, just realized with the Futaba servo mounts towards the left side of the chassis I can't get my GTB on the left side, gotta rewire the whole thing now to mount it on the right.... I'm thinking to just take off the servo mounts and shoogoo the servo to the chassis on the right side....
get another speedo or get a jr servo, i would say speedo
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #321
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I've seen one but it was a Novak driver that disasembled it somewhat and it impressed me so much I requested one to be made for me....LOL
-Shookie <><
Maybe Novak, LRP, Caste Creations, Tekin and Orion will take the hint that 12th scale want brushless but hate the huge ESC's.....
I was thinking the new Tekin ESC for brushless is a smaller foot print, maybe wrong, but I've always had good luck with their stuff. Still have an old G10pro in my T-fource - by the time you add the cap, size is about the same as the GTX and it has not let me down for many years!!
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #322
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smojoe
thinking about picking up a gen-x front-end kit. Any spares I should get?
lower arms definitely, would also get axles, king pins, and steering knuckles. broke a lower arm this past weekend and very glad I ordered spares because nowhere local stocks them yet.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #323
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
lower arms definitely, would also get axles, king pins, and steering knuckles. broke a lower arm this past weekend and very glad I ordered spares because nowhere local stocks them yet.
axles and king pins as spares?!? maybe I will stick with the AE front end until some stronger materials are used
__________________
www.freerice.com
Help hungry people while learning.
smojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #324
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Well the The Tekin is just a hair smaller than a Mamba Max ESC and lets just say that it is still big. Bigger than you think by there little square on their advertising.
Take those measurements and cut out a piece of paper or scrap lexan and lay it in your 12th scale. It will feel huge in there. I have the VFS Pro Comp in my 3.2R and the MRT MX PRO in my Gen X and I feel they are even a bit big when you add your capacitor.

So really I hope that the brushless peeps will get there stuff together to make a smaller footprint.
Although I think you won't really need the fan or heatsink on a brushless ESC running 4 cells as they were designed for 6 cells. Just a thinking if you don't need it why have it there? But I would have to check with the manufacturer about warranty issues. But if you want a ESC that will fit now and will soon be able to run the censored or senseless motors the Mamba is on point. I am thinking of trying it in my 3.2R, just have to solder on smaller wires as those huge wires can really mess with tweak. At least they seem they would do so....

OK my mind just keeps spitting out random info...........Oh wait I forgot my meds...Shhhh don't tell the wife..LOL
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #325
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smojoe
axles and king pins as spares?!? maybe I will stick with the AE front end until some stronger materials are used
I didn't say I broke them yet. I stock lots of spares, I have basically enough to build two more front ends in parts. That's just what I've always done with my cars to be safe, can't rely on a shop and/or race to have all the parts I might need.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:09 AM   #326
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
get another speedo or get a jr servo, i would say speedo
Then I can't run my 13.5....
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:31 AM   #327
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Ok, for all those who think it is not possible to put a brushless in a 1/12 scale, I put a Novak 4300 in a Corally 12M set up for a stick pack (option with the original car) and ran it in a 48min Enduro race in September. Car finished third even with loosing a spur gear and a Corally axle. We made the pack a 4 cell stick to make changing easier. I used the Nissan body with the big canopy for the wires. I'll post picture on Wednesday.

As to power, with 4200's, coming out of a corner it would pull the inside front wheel off the ground!! This was with the car using no tweek screws as the 1st generation was done. So even with the big foot print it is possible!

Biggest issue was that I had to build the motor pod around the motor, and then find the right gearing. The motor set up is headed for my C10X for 6 cell pan car racing this Summer.
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #328
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10
Ok, for all those who think it is not possible to put a brushless in a 1/12 scale, I put a Novak 4300 in a Corally 12M set up for a stick pack (option with the original car) and ran it in a 48min Enduro race in September. Car finished third even with loosing a spur gear and a Corally axle. We made the pack a 4 cell stick to make changing easier. I used the Nissan body with the big canopy for the wires. I'll post picture on Wednesday.

As to power, with 4200's, coming out of a corner it would pull the inside front wheel off the ground!! This was with the car using no tweek screws as the 1st generation was done. So even with the big foot print it is possible!

Biggest issue was that I had to build the motor pod around the motor, and then find the right gearing. The motor set up is headed for my C10X for 6 cell pan car racing this Summer.
Never said it wasn't possible.... I've been running the GTB/13.5 in my 3.2... It's just been a little more of a challenge to get the ESC onto the Gen-X and I had to remove the left bulkhead to get the motor in....

Going to the slot car place to get some 16ga wire today and going to rewire the GTB with a little smaller wire....
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #329
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Then I can't run my 13.5....
then its a servo you must get
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #330
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Never said it wasn't possible.... I've been running the GTB/13.5 in my 3.2... It's just been a little more of a challenge to get the ESC onto the Gen-X and I had to remove the left bulkhead to get the motor in....

Going to the slot car place to get some 16ga wire today and going to rewire the GTB with a little smaller wire....
Hey check out Ashford Hobby for the wire. I have used similar for years, but I did find some 13gage at some absurd 850 wire count. Very flexy, thin silicone cover and a lot of voltage!!

What did you decide to do with the Nomadio???
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRC's new GENX10 younghovaa Electric On-Road 3 02-08-2008 06:13 PM
WTB generation X ltrdude R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 12-15-2007 06:03 AM
*CRC Generation-X samstheman2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-08-2007 06:27 PM
CRC's New Clik-Trak Barrier System KyLayfield Electric On-Road 30 09-19-2007 04:35 AM
CRC Generation X Lextek R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-25-2007 04:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net