R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #241
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
white side springs two turns down for top of plate then tweak
Smyka, when you say two turns down I'm assuming you back the side spring set screw all the way up till it's bottomed out on the top plate. Then two full turns down toward the bottom plate correct?
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Smyka - what front blocks on the Gen-X for 19 turn?

Thanks!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:04 AM   #243
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Smyka, when you say two turns down I'm assuming you back the side spring set screw all the way up till it's bottomed out on the top plate. Then two full turns down toward the bottom plate correct?
he means 2 turns of preload. 2 turns down from all the way out is not enough to make the car return to center.

run your springs down to where they just barely make contact with the bottom plate on each side, then add 2 turns to each side. set tweak from there.

john
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Tire question...

What CRC Pro-Cuts are equivalent (or the closest) to Jaco Double-Pinks?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #245
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to G Ace Send a message via Yahoo to G Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex
What CRC Pro-Cuts are equivalent (or the closest) to Jaco Double-Pinks?
Magenta
G Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #246
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

anthony you had it right dont listen to whopper he is only good at setting my foot ball straight grenade10 i always run 10 degree blocks unless the track is high speed with a lot of swoopy corners
Old 11-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #247
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

he said swoopy giving you a call now
Old 11-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #248
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to G Ace Send a message via Yahoo to G Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
anthony you had it right dont listen to whopper he is only good at setting my foot ball straight grenade10 i always run 10 degree blocks unless the track is high speed with a lot of swoopy corners
I was going to say... turn the springs down to flush and THEN 2 more full turns??? That would be waaay too much preload. Mark, you should also mention if you are using 3mm setscrews and the plastic spring holders (AE shock pivots), or 4-40 screws and the aluminium spring holders. 2 turns of a 3mm screw is a lot different than 2 turns of a 4-40 screw.
G Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #249
Tech Master

gary if you bought a new car instead fo taking old scraps you would know the new car only comes with 4-40 set screws and the alum. spring things

cuffs you like it swoopy dont you see you in a week and half
Old 11-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ill be there u bring carissa or did she get too good lol
Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #251
Tech Master

she is comming dont knowwhat classes she is running
Old 11-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #252
Tech Regular

smyka - you're out of your mind. 2 turns and the spring doesn't even touch.

maybe if you preloaded your springs a little more, carrisa wouldn't have ran your azz down from almost a lap back.

we'll see who's 2 turns works better at the Jam. lol.

ace - 2 turns isn't too much preload, just like 2 laps down to me isn't too much either.

jw
Old 11-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #253
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
The front axles are 3/16". Yup...just another one of the reasons I sold my two on. I'm all for change that makes sense, but at the point change is made for change sake is when I step off the bus.

I just received my Gen-X... wow, what a car! Well beyond any other 1/12th car in my opinion.

I am really happy to see they kept the O-ring, taping is a real pain in the butt. I found the kit went together very easy. You can feel that this car is really manufactured from the ground up, not some conversion kit or an hodge-podge of parts from various manufactures.

I see here talk about the old front end... WHY? this new front end is the slickest, easiest, most user friendly pan car front end to date. It is super smooth right from the start, I didn't have to polish a thing. I guess people like setting caster and camber with pieces of paper and cardboard (old front end?) or maybe people like fiddling for hours trying to get the left and right sides equal...(current Associated)??

The front axle size change... it is obvious why CRC changed the axle size... so that the front axle can switch from inline to trailing axle. It looks very similar to Associated's inline oval axle. to me it looks like change for the sake of technology, ease of use and performance, not just for the sake of change. The technology bus you're stepping off is about to run you over.

CRC should be commended on a great kit. Now if they would just get rid of this black and white assembly manual... give us some glossy color. Also, we need a starting set up.
fasterform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:30 PM   #254
Tech Master

im telling you whopper try it they just touch with two full turns maybe thats your problem hahahahaaaaaaa
Old 11-29-2006, 06:39 PM   #255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The car looks awesome, and I would love to get one. Only gripe is that the QC from CRC is pretty bad with this first batch. My LHS got 5 cars in and 4 of them had parts or screws missing. One of them was missing diff balls. 4 out of 5...man that's really really bad QC! Hope the next batch won't be like that.