R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #226
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill941
after running the gen x up at cleveland this past week there only two problems I had with the car.One rear ride hieght adjusters not being able to run the irs ones without some work kind of sucked.Two watch your shimming(sp) on the front arms for ride hieght at one point I must of had the arms to high and hit a board and the arm twisted on the screw.I did put the old front end on till I had some more testing time with the new one but I think with time the new front will be great for me personally!
how did you put on the old front end.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #227
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

fits fine, tried it on my Gen X have not run it yet but the front-end lines up, fine!!
rogtsaamokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #228
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
how did you put on the old front end.
With 8-32 screws and appropriate shims to height. The new front end has the same mount spacing as the Associated front ends they replace. THAT'S how they get ALL these Carpet Knife owners out here to upgrade front ends...

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #229
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the old frontend bolts right on to it no problem
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #230
Tech Elite

ok ya it bolts on yes but the brace dosent fit, and the track is wider,the chassis bolts on center on the L4 is 61.26 and on the gen x its 64.45 mm you cant get the same width as if you where running the new front end, check it out. and tell me if im wrong

Last edited by wallyedmonds; 11-27-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 AM   #231
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Does anyone know if the Muchmore Motor Cooler is able to clamp to a motor installed in the Generation X through the top?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:43 AM   #232
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Does anyone know if the Muchmore Motor Cooler is able to clamp to a motor installed in the Generation X through the top?
ya i think i seen someone do that
Old 11-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #233
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
ok ya it bolts on yes but the brace dosent fit, and the track is wider,the chassis bolts on center on the L4 is 61.26 and on the gen x its 64.45 mm you cant get the same width as if you where running the new front end, check it out. and tell me if im wrong
I never have ran a L4 so I don't have a brace there but I think it's the same distance as the 3.2r carpet knife so you could use one of the adjustable crc front braces
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #234
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to G Ace Send a message via Yahoo to G Ace

Quote:
I have been running an Associated front end on my Gen-X car since the beginning of this season, and it works fine. Since the chassis is so thick you really do not need a brace, but if you really want to use one you can use a combination of washers and shims and longer mounting screws to take up the gap, or use a threaded adjustable front end brace like the CRC one.
G Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #235
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

can some one please explain to me what problem they are having with IRS ride height adapters in a gen x i ran them all week in clevleand and had no problems with them at all. i didnt have to cut or dremel anything ..
Old 11-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #236
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Gen x set ups

Anyone have some set ups to post from Cleveland? Thanks.
Peter Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #237
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
can some one please explain to me what problem they are having with IRS ride height adapters in a gen x i ran them all week in clevleand and had no problems with them at all. i didnt have to cut or dremel anything ..
who knows.....maybe the tolerances are a little different between batches of the IRS adapters....

hey Smyka...what did you end up with for setup at Cleveland....and good run by the way!

Sean

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #238
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
They are too small and basically rattle around inside the pod creating slop in the rear axle. If there is no axle they fall right out.

The same IRS adjusters fit perfectly snug in my CRC T-Force and IRS rear pod. The new Gen-X rear pod is definitely different spec.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #239
Tech Elite

Smile

the front track width will be more if you use the AE front end,it works but its not wright, and the rear pod spec for the R.H.A are different, you have to ca the pod and let it sit then they will fit better.and if you dont mined you front end being so wide than thats cool,im just saying its wider if you dident notice it cuz i know most ppl dont know what track width they are running. and to get the motor in with out taking off the top just dremal the the top of the side pod on a angle.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #240
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

i know i was runnig the 3.5 spacers adn had no play in them what so ever but i have also had them for a couple of years now so i will try soem new ones and see if their is a problem with newer ones and get back to you ..

as for a set up i ran two different cars i ran the prototype gen x car in stock and the full production car in 19 turn ..

as for set up they were pretty much the same

stock

strut front end .18 front springs old school trinity purple and red mixed on king pins caster all the way back 10 degree blocks and 1.5 camber

white side springs two turns down for top of plate then tweak crc blue lube in tubes and 35 wt oil in shock with red spring

batteries forward front of shock raised .90 rear widht roar max. double pinks front and rear

19 turn

crc front end with 45 springs and 1.5 camber and two shims back one forward

batteries forward 35 wt oil red spring,white side springs two turns down from top then tweak 30000 mugen lube in tubes rear at roar max double pinkd all the way around

i sauced full rear and half front on both cars