R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #406
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg

There is only one sport in the world that are equal on equippment, and thatīs paper ariplanes. And thatīs boring when itīs windy....

Not with 6 cells
HappyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 AM   #407
Tech Apprentice

I did test yesterday the 19T with 5 cells together with Joep and two other clubmembers (both top Mod-guys). We found out that on a partly damp track the 5 cell was the better configuration. Needs to be said that the 6 cell-config had too much power and was not really controlable.

Coming week we will test on a dry (but maybe cold) track and we can really say if the difference is not that big. On the bright side: motors were getting less hot despite a 4,4 gearing in the 19T compared to 4,9 with the 6 cell.

I did'feel good about the power and the car was better to control. Sounds to me like more close racing?

greetz,

Eric
Ericjooopuntnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #408
Tech Adept

I was there to with Eric and Joep, I really liked the 5cell, and was even faster with it than with the 6cell. The track kinda sucked but it still was a pretty reliable test I think. I have to say yes it was a bit slower, but with the progress in batteries this moment, I think laptimes can easy be equal to last year, but with less cost (like tire wear, batteries, throwing winds etc.) and more close racing.

For everybody that still thinks 5cell is crap... try if for yourself, it's not.

-Hugo
hugovdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #409
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
except i know this 5 cell could work if only clubs,Governing Bodys,racers,companys got there heads out of there arse`s & get it going by helping `EACH OTHER` instead of making rules just for the TOP tier racers & series IE;;nats,euro`s,worlds
coz while you lot up there on cloud 5 us mear mortals down there on planet earth are wondering which way to go
none of these have taken into account `CLUBS` this is where the future champions are made ,unless your not bothered & you will go the real racing world has gone ,it be a Elite hobby where money gets you races ,coz the way it`s going less & less beggineers are coming in/or staying in
I would even go one step further, future champions start out running RC cars in parking lots or other places that are not part of club or higher organizations. To come up with good rules the entire spectrum of our hobby needs to be taken into account from first picking up a cheap RC car just for fun all the way up to challenging to become World Champion.

To me it is clear something needs to be done and EFRA decided to go with 5 cells. Initial tests seem to show it is a good decision. But it appears there is no set answer yet (certainly none from EFRA) what this means for all levels of RC car driving/racing. This worries me.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #410
Tech Initiate

Default Paper planes

Quote:
There is only one sport in the world that are equal on equippment, and thatīs paper ariplanes.
And they would be arguing over the weight of paper to be used
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #411
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair
And they would be arguing over the weight of paper to be used
Heck. Youīre right...
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #412
Bar
Tech Regular

gp2 racing would have to be the best and fairest racing i've ever seen if we could get that, that would be great, probably not very realistic though lol
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #413
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Well. Make one then.
Well I might just knock one up then!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar
gp2 racing would have to be the best and fairest racing i've ever seen if we could get that, that would be great, probably not very realistic though lol
Yes the best and fairest racing for sure
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #414
Tech Regular

The Netherlands (NOMAC) follows the 5 cell / 1350 rules for stock & modified. And in modified brushless is allowed and for brushed motors we have no limit anymore. Off course there are some more decisions made but this is the essence of the decisions made today.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #415
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep
The Netherlands (NOMAC) follows the 5 cell / 1350 rules for stock & modified. And in modified brushless is allowed and for brushed motors we have no limit anymore. Off course there are some more decisions made but this is the essence of the decisions made today.
The same goes for Sweden.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #416
Tech Fanatic

It's 2007 now and first weekend is coming. Anyone in EU going to attend first 5cells EFRA-spec race?
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 AM   #417
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso
It's 2007 now and first weekend is coming. Anyone in EU going to attend first 5cells EFRA-spec race?
Jupp, DHI Cup next weekend
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #418
CAi
Tech Apprentice

5 cell sucks. It's like driving rubberband. Thank god we don't have to drive with 4 cell.
CAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #419
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
Jupp, DHI Cup next weekend
Oh right I almost forgot DHI is next week. The track layout looks very interesting.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #420
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAi
5 cell sucks. It's like driving rubberband. Thank god we don't have to drive with 4 cell.
Teemu says he is going faster on 5 cells than on 6 cells everywhere he has tested it so you might want to get to work and see what you are doing wrong.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote