R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #46
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,412
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
think i got rear belt and some ally wishbones
What happened my friend?
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #47
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,412
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I might have the belt and the king pin in my pit box...lyk
What happened my friend?
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #48
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,412
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Ok. Last night, I spent $24 to buy front diff outdrives, $5 for diff balls, $15 for rear belts and $7 for diff ring. And I spent $80 in the past couple of months for this car except the electronics. Maybe I should've bought a new car in the first place. I'm converting the one way diff to fixed ball diff. I didn't get any spool system because 1. there's no option part available for this car, 2. HB TCX part seems to be fit for this car but the pulley seems a bit too big(39T vs 33T in YR). It's hard to tell just by looking online. I'm gonna need some help on this from you guys.
From my research, nobody uses one way front diff drive anymore nowdays except on some drift cars. So that's why I'm doing this. And I saw an article saying that solid axle(spool? is it same?) on the front is better traction-wise than ball diff. Touring cars nowdays barely seem to use gear diff on the front except Team magic's car. So I guess most prefer solid axle(fixed spool...whatever) on the front?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
How about the rear. Some cars have gear and some have ball diff. Do you guys find them any different from each other?

I now have plenty of parts for this car and seem to be able to run this car at least for 10 years LOL. If this car still sucks after this major upgrade(I even bought low profile servo, and am thinking of buying a new ESC. I already have 6.5T and 17.5T motors), I won't put any more effort anymore. Getting fed up with spending too much time on trying to get the parts and upgrading.
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #49
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
Ok. Last night, I spent $24 to buy front diff outdrives, $5 for diff balls, $15 for rear belts and $7 for diff ring. And I spent $80 in the past couple of months for this car except the electronics. Maybe I should've bought a new car in the first place. I'm converting the one way diff to fixed ball diff. I didn't get any spool system because 1. there's no option part available for this car, 2. HB TCX part seems to be fit for this car but the pulley seems a bit too big(39T vs 33T in YR). It's hard to tell just by looking online. I'm gonna need some help on this from you guys.
From my research, nobody uses one way front diff drive anymore nowdays except on some drift cars. So that's why I'm doing this. And I saw an article saying that solid axle(spool? is it same?) on the front is better traction-wise than ball diff. Touring cars nowdays barely seem to use gear diff on the front except Team magic's car. So I guess most prefer solid axle(fixed spool...whatever) on the front?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
How about the rear. Some cars have gear and some have ball diff. Do you guys find them any different from each other?

I now have plenty of parts for this car and seem to be able to run this car at least for 10 years LOL. If this car still sucks after this major upgrade(I even bought low profile servo, and am thinking of buying a new ESC. I already have 6.5T and 17.5T motors), I won't put any more effort anymore. Getting fed up with spending too much time on trying to get the parts and upgrading.
For about $20 more you could have gotten yourself a Sakura Zero S that is competitive straight out of the box. You would then be able to spend more time running and less time wrenching. I should know.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,412
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
For about $20 more you could have gotten yourself a Sakura Zero S that is competitive straight out of the box. You would then be able to spend more time running and less time wrenching. I should know.
Tell me about it.
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #51
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 23
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisleon32
Default parts

Hey any of you guys got these left? I am really interested in getting those aluminum arms or any parts in general. Let me know if you still got this thing running!
chrisleon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #52
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisleon32 View Post
Hey any of you guys got these left? I am really interested in getting those aluminum arms or any parts in general. Let me know if you still got this thing running!
I may have used alloy arm will need check man space
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo SD shaft drive $215 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 08-20-2003 06:54 PM
Yokomo one-way unit for SD shaft drive Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-18-2003 08:16 PM
Yokomo Shaft drive car EAMotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 06-01-2003 01:06 PM
Yokomo MR4TC - SHAFT DRIVE RBLove R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 29 05-08-2003 01:14 AM
I want a Yokomo Front Wheel Drive tourer black-knight R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 11-26-2001 04:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net