Wiki Posts
Search

TCS liquid cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TCS liquid cooling system

http://www.tcscooling.com

Has anyone tried one yet? I'm interested to see how well this thing works.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Too expensive touring car chassis now a day is too narrow I don't know where are going to fit it.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

very neat idea, but 11 gram for the pump,12 gram for the heatsink and 14 gram for radiator plus hoses and liquid. it will add at least 50 grams to the car. at this moment i am not sure there is advantage but i give 10/10 for the come up with idea to implement in RC car

james
Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamMuchMore
very neat idea, but 11 gram for the pump,12 gram for the heatsink and 14 gram for radiator plus hoses and liquid. it will add at least 50 grams to the car. at this moment i am not sure there is advantage but i give 10/10 for the come up with idea to implement in RC car

james
Not to mention when the system leaks water all over the local carpet track .
Old 11-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

In theory I give it an A. In practicality, I can't see this thing working on anything competitive or serious. I have a hard enough time fitting a GTB and 3800s on my chassis, let alone all that crap.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice, but where's the fan for the radiator?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thats just silly.
Heres a way to cool down your engine:
The "GPS"
Or the "Gear Properly System"
A lot cheaper and I bet most people already have the tools to do it...multiple pinion/spur gears!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

That system look very heavy...

Don't forget that water is a heavy component.

I think I'll thick to my heat sinks with multiple fans....
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

There's already a thread for this called "keep it cool"
Old 11-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Great idea but can't see it taking off, the whole space issue with todays chassis and the fact that if that rad took a good hit hmm you can imagine the mess both on the car and the carpet. Also the weight would mean changing your set up to accomodate the weight over the front bumper etc. Just my 2 pence!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile TCS

I have spent the last 12 months doing intensive research on motors and heat transfer, as well as development on the TCS and therefore I thought that some of my information may be useful to you.

The fluid in the system is non conductive and therefore is not an isuue regarding the electrics in your car.

Through careful development, the effectiveness of the TCS is not dependent upon the amount of liquid in the system.
The whole system when filled contains only 6ml, about a teaspoon full.

The radiator is bomb proof and can be placed anywhere on the car where there is a gentle airsteam. Its positioning is versatile and it doesn't require a fan.

Fans use approx 1.30watts per fan. Racers typically use 2 and so this is 2.60watts of power being taken from your battery. A TCS micropump uses only 0.4w.

The complete TCS when fitted is 45g (about 1.75ounces). One of our typical test cars is a standard Xray T2 which is exactly on weight with the TCS fitted.

Most of all motors are faster, more reliable and last much longer before needing new brushes or rebuilding.

Production prices have just been announced, and for more technical information http://www.tcscooling.com/data.html
Old 11-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ben.C
That system look very heavy...

Don't forget that water is a heavy component.

I think I'll thick to my heat sinks with multiple fans....
Add up the weight of all your 'heatsinks and multiple fans'

Skiddins
Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know where i can get a micropump such as the one in this system?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Before I'd buy this system, I'd like to see some real installations photo's for a T2 or Mi2EC with all electronics in place. Plus, I'd like to get some recommended mounting positions of the radiator for those cars.

It shouldn't be left to the guesswork of the purchaser. It's not quite as common sense as mounting a heatsink and fan direct to the motor.

I know nothing about air flow dynamics and the photo's show the radiator mounted on top of the front bumper, but without drilling holes in the bodyshell, it would seem to me that that would be the one place with no airflow at all. Since the BRCA states no other openings other than the aerial, mounting and transponder holes, that would rule out holes in the front grill.

Otherwise, it looks very good and would certainly make for a simpler cooling system than when my fans get bashed up and I have to play around soldering tiny wires together. Oh, and I've spent about £100 this year in replacing fans that have been destroyed when I've been punted in the side so the cost of a more centrally protected system is worth it.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Actually you could probably get away with vutting out the grill and fixing some small mesh in its place. I cant remember the rule, but there is one that 'suggests' this would be allowed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.