Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Parquet flooring, running sedans on this? >

Parquet flooring, running sedans on this?

Parquet flooring, running sedans on this?

Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys. I think the main stumbling block is the amount of time it takes to setup a carpet that needs to move removed at the end of the day. I'll check and see what the opinion is on that from the club.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racenut123
Its totally possible.Not all carpet is glued.Last years Carpet nats track is a perfect example of a track thats not glued down. Can be done.

I agree,$800 on 3 rolls of 75 feet in good condition is a good deal!
You really should contact Ruben Benitez. He's the owner of Stockton RC Raceway. Don't listen to anyone that tells you, that you can't race on a rug thats not glued down. Stockton has hosted 2 nationals, and there was zero problems with the surface. There's hard work in any business venture. Picking up and tearing down a track isn't that bad, if your making the money you need to make. Good Luck
Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Minnreg R/C races on the tile floor with the carpet laid down on it. We had two carpet Nationals 1999 and 2000 and many other races in the place. It is a Basketball court. we even had a box built to house the carpet when not racing. The players use it to set on and watch the games.
The trick is to lay the carpet out as soon as you can , pull it tight and Duct tape the edges.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

i race at CEFX Raceway in westland, mi. we just laid new carpet, and we did NOT glue it down. Josh Cyrul used double sided carpet tape (the white stuff) and we have never had an issue with carpet peeling or shifting. he also taped the carpet down when he was in toledo with Halo Hobbies. he was down in toledo for about 3 yrs., held an oval national, and held 2 of the 5 crl races there last winter season. it can be done w/o gluing.

-Zac