Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charger/Discharger Setups

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Charger/Discharger Setups

I've seen alot of different pit configurations in all the pics from races. Some with a GFX and a Pitbull, others with two MMR Cell Masters, a Motor Master, and a CTX-D. Then some with the Ice chargers and some with Trinity DPD, some with Orion's chargers. I think I even saw a pic of EA's pit with two GFX's, a MMR Motor Master, a Pitbull and a MMR CTX-D...that's alot of equipment...but he's a busy man. With so many options what makes one charger better than the next. I've heard some swear by the GFX giving the best charge then others swear by the MuchMore stuff and so on and so on. I'd like to hear what people have experienced and if there has been any real testing to compare how well one charges over another. What do you guys think...
Old 11-01-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

To each his own.........whatever floats your boat! They are both great chargers and do the job they are supposed to.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Depends on your needs. I wouldn't rule out the ICE, alot people really seem to like it. It charges and runs in motors/lathes and at only $120 I may have to pick one up and give it a try. The only grip I have about my CTX is that it doesn't do motors.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If there is one think in RC that should be finally perfected and easily duplicated its creating a PEAK DETECTION charger that fully charges batteries. There maybe motors of the month,tires of the month or chassis of the month. But for chargers its pretty hard to find one thats not doing what its designed to do and thats fully charge a battery. If you stick with the main players,LRP,CE,NOVAK,MUCHMORE,DURATRAX(Yep even them),APS and bunch of other racer worthy chargers you'll do just fine.

I can guarantee you that racer A-GFX, racer B-ICE and RACER C-PULSAR dont win racer over the other because there charger cost more or does more extras........

Remember that $3000 worth of pit gear doesnt hit the track when your main is up next!

A racer needs a charger,discharger,tray and motor run in. I used to roll with the big gear but carrying all that crap around was not winning races, i stripped it back to a nice light weight powersupply and 2 small chargers. The TURBO was nice bling on the table but a huge pain when your trying to pack light.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have taken a very strong liking to the Duratrax chargers. I have had noting but success from them and will continue as long as they continue with great products like the chargers( cant speak for the cars).......
Old 11-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

CTX-D and CTX-CM. Might throw in a Rayspeed Exceed for battery conditioning sinc ehte CTX-D only uses 30A Pulse and 5A linear. Feel the 1A conditioning would help keep the batteries healthier for a longer amount of time.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would also consider the Orion Advantage Chargers, the older version (no Lipo) works great and can take care of all your charging, motor break-in and lathe needs. The newer version can do Lipos as well as everything the original model does. The bottom line - the Orion Charger is more reliable then the Much More chargers, are small and can do everything you could ever want a charger to do - If you get one you will not be disappointed.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Much More Racing Products for me. Great Products! Great Service.

Ofcourse this only my opinion... I've tried the 2 Turbo 35s with SPINTEC discharger, and also the LRP Pulsars. There are many other charger/discharger combos out there but, for me... I have been VERY happy with Much More Racing Products.