lipo and roar

Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Li-po in the uk

this is from a racer who was @ the AGM just gone

LIPO didnt pass at the 10th circuit AGM because we all agreed that it could be dangerous in the wrong hands, believe we left it for the electric board to come back next year with a report on what they think about them.

so another year to wait (maybe)

re;distributers in uk selling Li-Po`s
i don`t think Mirage would sell a duff setup Li-Po to the public , liabilty or what
Old 11-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

li-po i work for a shop where we sell both types. and to tell you i dont think the riskes invoulved are that bad. i myself race and have blowin up a 3300 pack it happens opps. and i have seen what happens when a plain crashes with a li-po in it. wow makes a cool fire ball. and to tell you its alot easyer to put out a sub c fire!

as for the 4 cell crap! im not for that at all yea the cars are going faster as packs get better. so put a motor limit on what you can run. theres a very simple way to fix the issue of going to fast! ( i dont think theres a such thing!)

as far as the li-po vs. nimh on the track. last winter at a race me and one of my buddys were running 19t sedan. i had my good 4200 ib team orion pack in and he had his 4800 lipo in his car! at top speed we were the same! but when it came to pulling out of the corners he had me beat evey time.

i am for the change as long as it could be done in a resonable manner. and if people are educated in the risks of that type of cell. ive seen what they can do and it scares me. i would hate to see some one lose there house or a r/c track for that matter cuz they didnt know what they were dealing with.

this was not put on to offend anyone and i hope no one gets ripped apart for sayin how they feel! but change is coming and its going to happen. its just a matter of when!