R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   LRP QC2 vs Novak GTX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/134690-lrp-qc2-vs-novak-gtx.html)

straightaway 10-28-2006 02:28 AM

LRP QC2 vs Novak GTX

what is the performance difference between the two esc? I can't recall which but my friend told me GTX gives more punch than the QC2. QC2 is smoother. or is it the other way around? Thanks

duckman996 10-28-2006 01:40 PM

both... depends on the settings. Try using the search the forum function as this question has been asked 100 times before.

From personal experience, I have both and both work pretty close to the same.

jakster 10-28-2006 01:42 PM

heres a thought? which is easer to drive?
punch is hard to control so it will make your driving more jerky , on and off style.
i dont know if you have ever heard slow is fast, well that because its smooth and consistant. everyone always talks about punch and speed, i think it a guy thing, lol
but smooth and torquie are far more controlable, than point and shoot driving styles
i have tred just about every speedo out there and heres my 2 cent
lrp makes great products and they stand behind them.
i have had over a doz novak speed controls and brushless systems. all have failed in one way or another.
not one single lrp product i have owned has ever failed. EVER!
i dont want to seem one sided. i use others also, i have almost 30 cars on and off road stuff so i have a lot of electronics.
my favorites i will list in order
keyence, simply the smoothest and the best! really cool onboard program and led, says hello when you turn it on, cool!
gm v 12 we great punch super smooth , also tiny case
lrp Q2 great all around speedo, water proof wich is real cool on wet tracks when everyone i sitting waiting for it to be dry!
lrp 7.1 a real work horse a little big but work for ever!
i have 4 and have been using them for almost 3+ years!

getting back to the question.
lrp all the way!
smaller case also!
but as everyone has said the are programable so you can tailor it to your needs!

Joel Lagace 10-28-2006 01:44 PM

Untill the produce an ESC dyno you can only go by hype. Both are built to be on par with each other. Like the duck man said each can be programmed to do wha t u need

I can honestly say that i have yet to "FEEL" the difference between one high end unit to the other, from GMV12,to GT7 to Quantum comps, i guess im just not that high end of racer... i run stock mostly

Tsquare 10-28-2006 01:48 PM

I have used the GTA's since they came out on the market. Have been great to race with (1/10 TC), and have never failed. My vote goes to the Novak GTX.

jakster 10-28-2006 01:52 PM

one more thing, speed controls do effect motor life, some are much more smoother on com wear.
my keyence is so com friendly!
where my gt7 would arc, i guess more causing more wear and more cuts!
just my trial and errors with esc's
good luck!

8800 10-28-2006 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by jakster
one more thing, speed controls do effect motor life, some are much more smoother on com wear.
my keyence is so com friendly!
where my gt7 would arc, i guess more causing more wear and more cuts!
just my trial and errors with esc's
good luck!

Can anyone go into detailing why this happens? Is it because say on speedo A youd had the driv freq alot lower than speedo B? or is there more to it? I'm very curious on this.