R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Yup...my setup isn't exactly all that at the moment Again, this is mod...19T will be fine with reruns.

Edit: On a side note...RP's are great and hope that QC will be better with future batches.
If you have a tires that looks like that send it back to Schumacher and we will send you a properly glued tire free of charge.

We had a bad batch of RP30GL's at the IIC. Anyone that has buldges tires at that race got new tire on the spot at no charge.

This problem has been resolved.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Adrian and PW. Thanks for the reply and thanks for looking into the QC. RPs as well as MR, Sorex, etc. are very good tires. Also, if my reply looked a bit harsh/trollish, please accept my apologies.

EJ, you coming down this weekend? I owe you some money...and yes we were in the 12's long ago haha. Some more than others...

Mark, we were doing 49 last week
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC
so your saying that the $600 i just spent on getting a Tamiya together just to practice, is pretty much wasted.......
This rule is nothing new they did the same thing last year it is either the month prior or 30 days.

If you showed up this weekend you could practice will it be set-up like the Reedy race? no.

Even if practice was closed (which it is not) you can still race this car at the race so "wasted" is the wrong choice of words.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Quote:
Rumor... ( granted it's only a rumor) has it that Tamiya may be closing the track at the begening of April for locals who may be attending the RROC...)
It is not a rumor (I run the track at Tamiya on weekends) and I have been told it will be closed to competitors prior to the event however, I have not gotten clarification if it is for the month of May or beginning April 28th (30 days prior) I am sure it will be open for most of the month of April but if that changes I will post it asap.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Quote:
sounds like MR Black has some work to do.... lol.....
Lucky for me I am the Saturday guy I am there for the Tamiya Locals and customers.

For the events they bring in the Tamiya USA staff and they take care of it. I get that weekend off. (well from Tamiya at least)

Old 03-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Mark, we were doing 49 last week
Yes but this weekend we will be deleting the Esses and putting them on the back straight so you will have a better line going onto the straight and a better end point.

I expect some speed records to be broken this weekend. (maybe a car or two LOL!)

Old 03-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #52
Tech Rookie

So Mr. Black will you be blowing the track off, or just spraying syrup over rocks and dirt....you rock!!!!
whoRyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoRyou
So Mr. Black will you be blowing the track off, or just spraying syrup over rocks and dirt....you rock!!!!
Well if you want me to spray the off-road track I guess i could LOL!

If you are saying the On-road track is coverd in dirt and rocks then I feel for your lack of insight however if your just trying to be clever then no worries maybe next time you could use another psuedo name or maybe come up with something else for your first post.

I only have an hour to prep the track blowing it off takes 44-60min.+ with the week blower tamiya has) Spraying takes 30-45 min. which brings the traction up significantly more then blowing it off.

The must be ready at 10am therefore we primarly spray the track and blow it off ocationally when somebody volanteers to help or for major events.

The track surface has gotten so porous (sp?) that blowing it off does not really do much as the small bits of debris just blow into cracks and come right back out as the day progresses.

We used to blow off and spray the track weekly when the surface was smoother but I have been given limited time for prep these days by the powers that be.

For Reedy they will have a Tamiya employee actually hose off the track and build up a thick layer of sauce in the days leading up to the event.

The sauce is not what increases grip it is the rubber that builds up due to the rubber dust from the tires adhearing to the track surface, this is why the track will get faster as the day goes. The sauce simply gives it a head start and the rubber a higher chance of adhearing to the surface.

When I first showed up to Tamiya they would neither blow off or spray the track and surprisingly enough people dealt with it and some say actually had more fun when the cars moved around a little and you actually had to drive them. Also which is probably a bigger factor the drivetrains were sealed so getting a rock in the gear was not an issue.

I even notice on days when we do not have sauce I see more smiles. Unfortunately the hardcore racers tear up and complain so we try and make the grip level as high as possible with what we are given.

One older guy made an interesting comment he said "if I wanted to be locked and simply sqeeze the trigger, I would have gotten into slot cars" LOL!

Old 03-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #54
Tech Rookie

That was a really awesome post. Just wish you were as detailed at track maintenance.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #55
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
That was a really awesome post. Just wish you were as detailed at track maintenance.
guess you dont know Mr Black, He Knows Everyting about Everything. ( that and he likes to hear him self talk)
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Quote:
So do I that would mean I was given the time to do it.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Quote:
guess you dont know Mr Black, He Knows Everyting about Everything. (that and he likes to hear him self talk)
Obviousely Jason does not know me either and he continues to prove it.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #58
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
So do I that would mean I was given the time to do it.
I am sure that if you advised the track patrons that you needed an additonal 15-20 minutes to make the track better for all, I highly doubt that there would be a problem. I am sure you are going to say that you dont want to waste that time when people could be running...right? Hmmm....can anyone say lazy
Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Hmmm....can anyone say lazy
Hmmm....can anyone say to coward? You can't even post your thoughts under your real name, you went and created a new one to attack Mr. Black.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #60
Tech Rookie

You will all know my identiy when the time is right. For now I am speaking for the meek and downtroddent(sp) Trust me there are many who feel this way but will not come forward. But our time is near....V for Vendetta Sucka