R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

but if your car is under weight then fair enuf instead of using weights use something like this that might be useful,

but really 100 a pop is a pretty high price to pay out and in my eyes is just another fancy gizmo that will put yet another hole in your wallet and will just draw a extra crowd at you pit with the new gizmo fitted
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
on the BD ,TAMIYA NO

Also on where the motor gets hot lark (27t/19t spec)
the magnets are the culprits for your motors going soft during racing ,
when the mags get to a certain temp then they lose there zip thus the magnet zapper comes in to play (which loads of racers can`t afford or have access too)

this TCS takes the heat away from the mags quicker & better then fans do ,

yes the Rad does come of warm which shows it`s working
hey colin if the rad gets hot surly the unit has stop doing an afective job pumping hot or warm coolant around the system wont cool very much if that is the case you havent got enough air flow going to the rad so you will need to either put rad right up front in place of the grill or run a fan to cool the rad down why do you think the use thermostates and fans on real cars to increase air flow and to cool it.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMIYAMANUK
but if your car is under weight then fair enuf instead of using weights use something like this that might be useful,

but really 100 a pop is a pretty high price to pay out and in my eyes is just another fancy gizmo that will put yet another hole in your wallet and will just draw a extra crowd at you pit with the new gizmo fitted
This is why i`m posting about this `Gizmo` so then the racers who haven`t got alot of dough know before they buy

unless i keep it to my self & don`t use these forums to tell other racers !!

i have not got the expensive battery dischargers or the Pielter device either
both are a lot of dough & my batts are a year old being done buy the traditional way ( tray them down to 0.9v trinity real time(yes i baby sit ,then charge them @ 6a that`s it

But had a couple of good comparison`s down carpetwars 1 had TCS the other fans 919t class) & a couple of 27t racers aswell

so i thought `yeah` why not give it a go & post on here about it

somebody might be gratefull on hearing the downside or upside of this `Gizmo`

don`t worry i got the same response (negative) from other parties on the orion Li-Po 4800 (yes i have one & now i have the 3200 carbon
i`ll keep you posted thats all ,not force you to buy one
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey
hey colin if the rad gets hot surly the unit has stop doing an afective job pumping hot or warm coolant around the system wont cool very much if that is the case you havent got enough air flow going to the rad so you will need to either put rad right up front in place of the grill or run a fan to cool the rad down why do you think the use thermostates and fans on real cars to increase air flow and to cool it.
thermostates ,more for winter start ups ,engine warms around engine first before letting the rest in (thermostate)

fans ;;sitting in traffic (no air flow !!

i said Warm ;;your warm will be different from my warm ,only warm on finger which can stay there no probs ,just like the motor

weight will be the next thing posted
Old 12-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
thermostates ,more for winter start ups ,engine warms around engine first before letting the rest in (thermostate)

fans ;;sitting in traffic (no air flow !!

i said Warm ;;your warm will be different from my warm ,only warm on finger which can stay there no probs ,just like the motor

weight will be the next thing posted

thats cool colin i may be tempted by one if the make and amazing diffrence and you have to be at the top (Not going to happen) oh and it wont fit my car
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

Quote:
This is why i`m posting about this `Gizmo` so then the racers who haven`t got alot of dough know before they buy

unless i keep it to my self & don`t use these forums to tell other racers !!

i have not got the expensive battery dischargers or the Pielter device either
both are a lot of dough & my batts are a year old being done buy the traditional way ( tray them down to 0.9v trinity real time(yes i baby sit ,then charge them @ 6a that`s it

But had a couple of good comparison`s down carpetwars 1 had TCS the other fans 919t class) & a couple of 27t racers aswell

so i thought `yeah` why not give it a go & post on here about it

somebody might be gratefull on hearing the downside or upside of this `Gizmo`

don`t worry i got the same response (negative) from other parties on the orion Li-Po 4800 (yes i have one & now i have the 3200 carbon
i`ll keep you posted thats all ,not force you to buy one
anyway good luck to ya kidda
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:06 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMIYAMANUK
anyway good luck to ya kidda
thanks
properly need it
well fitted in car very easy
the unit all in weigh`s 45g (dry)
Old 12-28-2006, 04:23 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Default prices for TCS

TCS-BL Brushless 99.00 179.00
TCS-BS Brushed System 79.50 145.00
(all prices plus VAT or sales tax

This is off site

also mounting of rad in car
really is down to the buyer ,you have a few pics of various cars where they put the rad
mines up front , others are opposite the motor @ the back of car
you can make your own air scoop up aswell
cutting holes into shells might be a problem as some UK ruling`s don`t allow extra holes cut into the shells to be raced
Old 12-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Default weight

No TCS

car before `Gizmo` put on ;;inc fans & mounts was 1520g
ran like 50g extra on car to bring up to this weight 1520g this i had like 30 g on the speedo side to balence out battas the other

With TCS
since motor is hanging out a bit more with the cooler motor plate installed & with added stuff car weigh`s in @1514g

big thing here is i only have 15g on the speedo side of car & the car has the same left to right balence with IB 4200 in as it did with out the TCS in
don`t forget i have the Demon 3mm chassis aswell so you might have to add another 10g over std chassis (this is a BIG guess aswell,so might be a little out )

1520 with fans & wot not
1543 with TCS

no lead was taken or added at the time with these 2 figures

rad over front axle ,well i had 10g up that way before so now that`s gone proberly fell the same up front
Old 12-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Looks cool jolly, but still think your nuts putting it up front. i've put dents in the bumper foam from the impact with the bulkhead - mod + wall=broken in my case!
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Default Mystery

my car been sitting here fully prep to go with liquid inside & ready to fire up

lost about 0.5Ml of coolent some where , no seapege anywhere to be seen
you can see how much it has dropped by looking at the clear silicon riser pipe

no mess anywhere to be seen
was told that some coolent sort`s of `Evaporates` some how ,or the silicon pipe has soaked up some in inner lining some how
that`s all for now (bit boring really

not racing till the 6th jan (week tommorrow)
then i will get some REAL TRUTH temperature readings again with me running it
Old 12-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Jolly
when you filled the system with coolant did you run the pump for a little while?? If not then I expect air was trapped in the system giving you the impression that it was full. As been sitting there for a while it has bled the air out for you.
adyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyb
Jolly
when you filled the system with coolant did you run the pump for a little while?? If not then I expect air was trapped in the system giving you the impression that it was full. As been sitting there for a while it has bled the air out for you.
yes i did run a couple times to hear the pump working for one & see the `Amazing` strobing Blue light on the side aswell to show all is well inside

when put the bottles on you are pushing the coolant around anyways & you can see the air bubbles coming out of the riser tubes

ran the the pump a couple of times aswell, so i have refilled it (about 1sec) see what it does over the next few days

adyB YGPM also

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 12-30-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Bloody spelling again
Old 01-06-2007, 03:42 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Default friday night 27t /rubber

went racing & used the TCS for the first time
loads of crashing
it was 27t class
EAco27t/F-line with Hole in centre/7.6 FDR
didn`t change motor all night ,same gearing ,same brush`s

racing against foam racers ,i was on rubbers v-tech24r
sitting 2nd fastest after 1st round ,then ended up 4th after 2nd Q(final was crap)

Keys hall/Essex,room temp 24c,Foams,Carpet

terry (racing friend) had the dreaded Fans on !!
both of us had co27t motors

Me (TCS ,co27t)
ambient temp 24cmotors was like 23-24c before race
it would come back 48-50c after 5 mins of balls out racing

terry (co27,fans,Peltier)
he go out @19c then come back @ 60.8c

in the final the Yoko BD was really really good with russel williams setup on ,there fastest guy on Foams (TQ man) was doing 10.9 sec laps ,i could do 11.1 on rubbers
my car was the fastest car out there really planted
i was put in a slow Qualifying heat (lapping 2-3 cars every lap) very rare to have a clean lap in 5 mins (But i got there in the End )

so for that meet the TCS worked ,even had the crappiest crash & burn final ,sitting on the leaders tail for about 3-4 laps with ease ,then the dreaded shakes appeared ,at the end i was like 4 laps down ,screws hanging out the front bumper with so much crashing
That front carbon plate ?? that is broken now it was that rough out there

TCS bits all stayed on ,going to refine a couple of bit`s on it to be better
And new bumper on the way
now roll on sunday running 19t !!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:06 AM   #60
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Ok, im interested in the Brushless version....

It says for the motor AND speedo...

Does this mean it will come with another water block to fit brushless systems?? screw directly onto a novak gtb?

This is basically the same as how a PC water cooling system works so having another unit will not matter although the water will have had to have gone throughthe motor or speedo first, maybe increasing the temp of the water?

Also, i think the water will be flowing so fast it wont get hot at one part of the system it will just get hot throughout the system gradually..

This was a rushed post so it might not make sense, lol