R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #46
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

gtimax, after owning both, I would say the Mamba Max is just as good or better than the GTB. The main advantage the GTB may have over the Mamba would be that the case is water resistant & it's ROAR legal. Otherwise, you definitely get more for your money from the Mamba. Some may have pointed this out before, but Castle Creations has an awesome customer support which I have yet to see any other company rival. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their products through the software and the updates are available free for download.
wrxnfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:23 AM   #47
Tech Master
 
pheyhoe's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England!
Posts: 1,332
Default

Ok, a 3.5 novak systen is on its way to me but i am concerned about the size issue.

I am running a yokomo BD. Is there going to be enough room to have the speedo and reciever mounted next to each other? my receiver is a KO 301F.

Somebody mentioned you have to have them far apart... Is this to stop interfearance?

Also, has anyone ran the novak in 12th scale with 4 cells? can you take the fan off without it thermalling? Problem with the fan on is most shells wont clear it! even with the heatsink off. Can you take the heat sink off also?
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Paul Heyhoe[/COLOR][/SIZE]
pheyhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 AM   #48
Tech Addict
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Can't answer your questions about the fitment on a BD...

On a Cyclone with a spektrum Rx (Large-ish) it's a tight fit but you'll make do. It's also fairly heavy so you might need to re balance the car.

As for the fitment of the ESC apart from the Rx - the GTB does seem to kick out a decent amount of power related interferrence. Possibly due to the extra wires and the amount of pulsating current going on there.

My JR XS-3 didn't like it... but the Sanwa and futaba were fine.
The spektrum isn't affected so chuck them as close as you like...
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 AM   #49
Tech Master
 
pheyhoe's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England!
Posts: 1,332
Default

Thanks

Im looking at getting the new low profile KO servo which should give me a little more room to paly with.
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Paul Heyhoe[/COLOR][/SIZE]
pheyhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #50
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Can't answer your questions about the fitment on a BD...

On a Cyclone with a spektrum Rx (Large-ish) it's a tight fit but you'll make do. It's also fairly heavy so you might need to re balance the car.

As for the fitment of the ESC apart from the Rx - the GTB does seem to kick out a decent amount of power related interferrence. Possibly due to the extra wires and the amount of pulsating current going on there.

My JR XS-3 didn't like it... but the Sanwa and futaba were fine.
The spektrum isn't affected so chuck them as close as you like...
its a tight fit but it will work!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #51
Tech Regular
 
Joe Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Joe Ford
Default

All...we are working on the next version of software on the Mamba Max ESCs to run sensored motors as well as other sensorless motors. Right now only use 2 pole slotless motors with them...brushed motors feel free to throw whatever you want at them. They're rated for 500A continuous in brushed mode.
__________________
Joe Ford
Product Specialist
Castle Creations
Joe Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #52
Tech Regular
 
builthatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 259
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to builthatch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Ford
All...we are working on the next version of software on the Mamba Max ESCs to run sensored motors as well as other sensorless motors. Right now only use 2 pole slotless motors with them...brushed motors feel free to throw whatever you want at them. They're rated for 500A continuous in brushed mode.
welcome Joe
__________________
5'16", 154.2 kg
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brazil
Posts: 61
Send a message via MSN to sampaio Send a message via Yahoo to sampaio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheyhoe
Ok, a 3.5 novak systen is on its way to me but i am concerned about the size issue.

I am running a yokomo BD. Is there going to be enough room to have the speedo and reciever mounted next to each other? my receiver is a KO 301F.

Somebody mentioned you have to have them far apart... Is this to stop interfearance?

Also, has anyone ran the novak in 12th scale with 4 cells? can you take the fan off without it thermalling? Problem with the fan on is most shells wont clear it! even with the heatsink off. Can you take the heat sink off also?
Last week I did ask Novak about it, they tell that this problem is a firsts GTB version probems, but additonally they atached the return form in the answer.... so..... I think not......


cheers

Sampaio
sampaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #54
Tech Regular
 
Joe Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Joe Ford
Default

See post #119 pheyhoe and sampaio...might interest you.
__________________
Joe Ford
Product Specialist
Castle Creations
Joe Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 AM   #55
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 36
Default

Hey Guys.
Im a bit confused.
Is the GM Geunis 95 better than the 80?
And is the EVO 2 the same speed as the Novak 3.5R or is it the same as the 4.5R.

Thanks.
__________________
Hotbodies Cyclone
Gm Racing
MuchMore
Andy__+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:51 AM   #56
Tech Apprentice
 
PIITB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 98
Default

Novak.... warranty process and customer service is top notch.
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:00 AM   #57
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__+
Hey Guys.
Im a bit confused.
Is the GM Geunis 95 better than the 80?
And is the EVO 2 the same speed as the Novak 3.5R or is it the same as the 4.5R.

Thanks.

Hey Andy,

The Genius 95 can handle more current than the Genius 80, so, it is a litle bit better and can handle all motors!

The EVO 2 comes in many windings!
I have not compared, but I assume a Novak 3.5R is about the same as an EVO 2 3.5T

97213 GM brushless EVO 2 IFMAR SPEC 3.5T *
97214 GM brushless EVO 2 IFMAR SPEC 4.5T *
97215 GM brushless EVO 2 IFMAR SPEC 5.5T
97216 GM brushless EVO 2 IFMAR SPEC 6.5T
97217 GM brushless EVO 2 IFMAR SPEC 7.5T
97220 GM brushless EVO 2 IFMAR SPEC 10.5T
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:07 AM   #58
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 36
Default

Thanks Eirik
Also do you have any idea when the Orion system will be realised?
__________________
Hotbodies Cyclone
Gm Racing
MuchMore
Andy__+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:40 AM   #59
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__+
Thanks Eirik
Also do you have any idea when the Orion system will be realised?
Sorry, not sure when it will be available!
Hopefully it won't be too long now, but it's worth waiting for, trust me
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #60
MPM
Tech Initiate
 
MPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 34
Default

Hey there! I am curious how does the novak 3.5 compare to the mamba 7700kv power wise? aka which is faster?
MPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to trade Mamba Max 5700 system for Novak 6.5R/GTB system gndprx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-28-2007 04:57 PM
Hudy Set Up System, Integy Set Up System, Novak Smart Tray, Trinity Dyna Pulse Superfly1967 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 12-22-2005 06:17 PM
Integy Setup System for 1/10 Touring System. Paid $75 willing to sell for $45 shipped DustinR R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 09-08-2005 10:43 PM
Hudy Setup System and Digital Weight Monitoring System racer rich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 02-23-2005 07:56 AM
Tower Hobbies System 3000 Radio System Nrctc3 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-09-2004 07:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:44 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net