R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovic
i don't know of any rc drag cars that have rear toe. even real dragsters run zero or as close to zero as possible. running rear toe is sometimes use to compensate for the dynamics that occur when the vehicle is in motion, so that negative toe is not achieved.
Real drag cars run no rear toe in because thy have a straight axle!!!!!!!! Not independent suspension.
Paul
Old 10-25-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Real drag cars run no rear toe in because thy have a straight axle!!!!!!!! Not independent suspension.
Paul
So do all of the independent suspension drag cars, zero toe for a straightline, if the drag race is going be close you want as little drag as possible. Drag racing touring cars is like rollerskating on grass, it works, kinda but what's the point. If you can't beat him on a real track and are just looking for that one thing your car is faster...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

i think i`ll need a little (about half a degree) of toe in on the rear because there`s alway`s a bit of play in things .. soo it will staigten up when going ...

but i have plenty of power, i can spin all 4 tyres for sure on the whole lane and beyand ... so my biggest concern will be setting this power to the ground .... well a stronger spring gives less traction (normally speaking) but a softer spring will absorb power (wich is not an issue because i have plenty) but it may bottom out ........

balans will be the key i think .... and i think a soft spring with anti squat will do nicely ?...?? .,,.

maybe a high ride height with soft springs in both front and rear will work ???
duhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:18 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anti-squat = droop?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
larger rear tires will increase forward traction,cvd's swept forward(axles forward of diff in the rear),anti squat,stiffer springs will all work.anti squat and stiffer springs work because they both eliminate your rear suspension from absorbing the rearward weight transfer under acceleration and it drives the weight straight to the tires creating more load on the tires and therefor increasing forward traction.larger tires increase contact patch which will increase traction,and cvd angle swept forward in the rear also increases forward traction because the diff will drive itself down increasing weight to the rear tires under acceleration.minimal rear toe is good for top speed.

Hey yur purty smart there feller!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Paul
cool, then I guess putting a SPOOL in the rear would be helpful.