Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oval? Track? I'M CONFUSED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Oval? Track? I'M CONFUSED!!!!

Hey, i was talken to a friend a mine today, and he said that touring cars like the TC3 and mine the spring, are for OVAL racing. I think oval is boring, i wanna race track. Is that true? Cuz i want a track car not a stoopid oval car... ( No offence i just see oval as boring... it like nascar, u pass the finish line a few to many times before u realize u have to stop! ) --I gotta put that in my sig --

Anywho, im confused, is my car and a tc3 when i buy it ok for track racing??

thanx, Nick
Old 02-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Umm, no TC3's and touring cars like it are NOT designed for oval racing. If that's all that people run in your area that's too bad, oval is booooooorrring. You can race them on oval, but you're right oval is like....yeah...don't need to get into it LOL!.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Oval is actually really fun if your racing with a lot of fast drivers with fast cars. Its all in the close quarter racing action. in regular racing, I've gone trough runs where you don't meet up with anyone 30 seconds after the start...that can be boring.

However, it is something I would only really want to do once a year (we ran oval because rain wouldn't allow us to have a full day of regular racing). I'm bringing this up because I used to think oval was dumb (expensive bumper-cars true though), but it was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

phew! hehe im glad my car aint no stinky oval

Thanx guys, u soothed my mind I am chillen on my school comp. and i HAD to check it hehe.

latR
Old 02-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know, I'm tired of people saying that oval racing is boring. I mean, it takes a great amount of skill and concentration to hit the same corner entry spots for 4, 5, or 6 min. straight without a slight mistake. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy roadcourse racing in all forms, but I started in oval racing and have adapted the same tehnique to TC and 1/12 road course racing. All racing is about carrying corner speed and hitting your corner marks, so both forms of R/C have a use, just don't knock one form as boring just because it goes around in an oblong circle. Try all different classes of R/C and it just makes you a better driver and better at set-up.

My opinion only
Kyle Majikas
A-Main 2 years in a row at the Snowbirds, so I might not know a thing about racing.