Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilian
-EVO 5 & TRF 415MSX
-Surface is tar with medium -> high traction
-Tamiya rubber B3 tires with medium inserts
-GP 4300mA batteries.
You got good equipment.

I would start with 33 (I think those 23T tamyia motors are higher torque as opposed to RPM). If the motor come off cold after an entire pack, then up it one tooth.
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:31 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
-EVO 5 & TRF 415MSX
-Surface is tar with medium -> high traction
-Tamiya rubber B3 tires with medium inserts
-GP 4300mA batteries.
Hey naut,

what class are you running those chasis' in?? for SARDA you need a 27T motor and for Tamiya cup you can run either chassis in Mod class only, so you need to get a Tamiya Dyna Run 13x2 motor to be competitive.

i suggest you get a CO27 for the Evo 5. i run a 28.7mm rollout for that motor in my Evo 5. that's at our track in Durban. medium-high grip sugar'd surface.

i also think you're speaking to the wrong people if you say that people in SA are not clued up about RC.

anyway, HTH.

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:16 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

ddesros2 thanks for the help!

RocketRacer:

I am running Expert/Mod class.

For Tamiya cup you are allowed to run any Tamiya 540 motor, currently I am using the Tamiya 11T modified for that class. For club level I also run the car in open super stock and run a Tamiya Super Stock TZ motor. At SADA level I am running the Orion Reheinhard edition.

The main reason I make my comment about peoples knowledge here in South Africa, is because everybody has their say and about 5-10% of the comments said are only right. So with no offence, I rather come here and get advice from people that know exactly what they are talking about and more importantly will get feedback from.

At the end of the day, you come to these forums, so I have no doubt in my mind that whatever you say will be spot on most of the time.

Naut
Nautilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:36 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
ddesros2 thanks for the help!

RocketRacer:

I am running Expert/Mod class.

For Tamiya cup you are allowed to run any Tamiya 540 motor, currently I am using the Tamiya 11T modified for that class. For club level I also run the car in open super stock and run a Tamiya Super Stock TZ motor. At SADA level I am running the Orion Reheinhard edition.

The main reason I make my comment about peoples knowledge here in South Africa, is because everybody has their say and about 5-10% of the comments said are only right. So with no offence, I rather come here and get advice from people that know exactly what they are talking about and more importantly will get feedback from.

At the end of the day, you come to these forums, so I have no doubt in my mind that whatever you say will be spot on most of the time.

Naut
spot on Naut, i forgot about that 11T Taimya, cos i used to run the DYna Run.

what i have noticed about some of the "top" SA racers is their secrecy about getting their cars fast. alot of the time the begineers, myself included, are mislead. sharing info seems to something alot of the "fast" guys don't wanna do. maybe that's why you were given a 33mm rollout...

anyway, if you ever feel that i can help feel free to ask you can even e-mail me [email protected]

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote