Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by swopemike
If I can order online pretty securely, I would think we could handle making a "toy car racing president" election online securely ?!? There is a lot at stake but surely not more than what we risk when placing orders on the WWW.

With however many 10's of thousands online just rctech alone... I would think ROAR could have a great deal more $$$ coming in to do things by having online voting and advertising that along with the annual membership signup, links, etc. Look at how many people pay for their special memberships online here ?
There's about 6 times the registered users on RCTech than there are ROAR members...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
There's about 6 times the registered users on RCTech than there are ROAR members...
I'm sure plenty of those are spambots
Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I HATE SPAMBOTS!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not a bot.... I think... I'm from Europe... hehehe
Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rampal
I'm not a bot.... I think... I'm from Europe... hehehe
LOL Yeah, nobody with an avatar that cool could be a "spambot" LOL I think that is one of the best avatar's I've ever seen.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey eddie you still looking to be roar prez? we can start a write in campaign!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Lets hope this happens.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:27 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You wonder why folks are going out and starting their own sanctioning bodies and/or series, regardless of scale. b/c they want to address their own, as in those of us here on these boards and many more like us that we meet up with every wkend. Our ROAR regional guy has trouble enuff showing up to races or even stayin the entire event, lost track of how many races required roar 1day refunds b/c they couldnt show.

Now take Tamiya and HPI with their traveling circus (circi?), and those other bodies like USVTA, RCPro, MRL, Nitro Tour, and before them the ORL, and see how they are drawing folks in on all levels and generating interest in all forms of RC (my apologies to other organizations i dont know or missed, i'm sure drag, crawling, motos, pulling, drift, etc have their own).

kinda funny how it is already going around that only 2 tracks applied for the paved nats in 09, and they gave it to the track that didnt have this yr already.

Something needs to change if they want to survive and get clubs onboard, and its not battery rules.

R
Old 10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

How is it ROAR's fault the TC racing is in the decline? For the 2 years Dawn has been running things I've seen lots of positive changes in ROAR as a whole
Old 10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
How is it ROAR's fault the TC racing is in the decline? For the 2 years Dawn has been running things I've seen lots of positive changes in ROAR as a whole
That's cuzz Dawn is da $hit......... Flame her or love her......no other Pres would have taken the time to personally call every racer signed up for the nats a couple of years ago to let them know of a venue change.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
We need a ranking system created and so far ?

nothing...
Old 10-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
That's cuzz Dawn is da $hit......... Flame her or love her......no other Pres would have taken the time to personally call every racer signed up for the nats a couple of years ago to let them know of a venue change.

Yes i have to 2nd that one.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
We need a ranking system created and so far ?

nothing...
seriously? I didn't know we needed a ranking system, I always thought you win that respective ROAR national race then your #1 in that class.

Next you're gonna tell me it's ROAR's fault that no one races 1/10 gas truck anymore
Old 10-04-2008, 07:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Know way of knowing what another president would of done!!!!!!!!!! Its just speculation at best.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

While I appriciate everything Dawn has done for ROAR over the past few years, that story is incorrect. I was on the pre signup list for that race and was not called about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.