actually yeah!!!! HAHA
Old 10-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
when it is time and pete is going to be his condoleeza rice
Erroneous!!

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #124
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Eddie=If you are elected what do you think of the idea of having a online signup using paypal?
Maybe charge $31.00 or so to cover the charges.
Having the Printout,send it to get a # leaves me in the dark to vote till I get my stuff back correct?

Les
Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

haha just playin pete. just seeing how fast you would reply to that.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #126
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRacer
Eddie=If you are elected what do you think of the idea of having a online signup using paypal?
Maybe charge $31.00 or so to cover the charges.
Having the Printout,send it to get a # leaves me in the dark to vote till I get my stuff back correct?

Les

I second that. In this age of technology, there is no reason to be limited to a mail in form. Still keep it as an option, but add the ability to sign up and pay for Roar via the web.
mattyk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #127
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sent my election ballot off today. Hope everyone remembers to send them out. Of course Eddie got my vote.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #128
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

i could send mine off if roar remembered to send me out my rev up for this month i dont think i have gotten one in almost a year guess thats how they rig the elections
Old 10-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
i could send mine off if roar remembered to send me out my rev up for this month i dont think i have gotten one in almost a year guess thats how they rig the elections
They don't send rev-up's out anymore, it's online only:

http://www.roarracing.com/revup.php

the ballot is on the 1st page of the latest revup or on the home page:

http://www.roarracing.com/
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #130
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

revup is online now.....they don't mail it anymore....haven't now for almost a year....

the ballot is on the ROAR website....print and mail off.

Later EddieO
Old 10-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

How many guys like me have actually REJOINED Roar just to Vote?

I think Eddie has some awesome idea's and wont just TALK about them but try to get the ball rolling FINALLY!!!!
Thanks for the WANT to do something like this even though you already do what you do.

I see good things in Roar's Future.It's been a LONG while.

Les
Old 10-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If I wasnt saving up for my next Brood order I would sign up and vote right now.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 AM   #133
Tech Master

I have known Eddie since he started up Brood in the NW. I have had a track in the NW for about 7 years. We donít always get along, and I am sure I will be verbally attacked for any comments I make, but I feel itís important to say a few things. I think Eddie is a nice man and he has done some very nice things for racers and gives a lot personally.

So with all our differences aside, my main question is:
Will you have time for this job?
Itís been said that it can require up to 4 hours a day and some weekend travel. Do you really have time?

You mentioned on the Brood thread a while back that you had to cut back your time at the track and Brood because your wife was ready to leave you if you didnít cut back.
You are going to have your fourth child and a family requires a lot of time.
You have 2(?) businesses you over see right now. Plus Brood and Peel It. Even if you are not working there, itís a responsibility.
Are you really able to take on another responsibility that requires you to take care of problems on a regular basis? Make reports and respond to those that need your input?

And as a regional director, I do not think you held up your promises to increase the regionals and membership here. The few Rev-Up reports you submitted hardly had any mention of future RC events and the tracks throughout the NW were not notified of the regional races.
No ROAR rep was at any regional race that I heard about except for the ones that you held.

For the stock nats, hardly any promotion was done and you didnít use the free advertising for the event that was offered. Think it was the lowest turn out ever. Although I know that the people who went had a good time.

Region Directors are the crux of ROAR growth. Region directors are supposed to get out and find the races and get people to participate. Those region directors who ask for national events are supposed to actually advertise the event to gain recognition and gain higher participation... that's why you are paid. I know you donít need the money and donít care, but it matters to the racers. To have someone who cares about the little guys out here and see what ROAR can be.

I think you have some interesting ideas. But I donít see how you did anything for our region 11. If you canít or wonít do any thing for a region how are you going to handle a national status?
And who do you have lined up to take your place?
Many feel the same as I do, but wonít post because weíll be in BIG trouble for commenting anything negative about you.
I have other issues with some of the things you posted; Iíll get to those later.

Queller of course has done things that are not popular. So have I and so have you and many other directors or owners.
But I also think Mikeís time as prez has been very short and they ARE making some good changes. I think he needs a little more time.
He sounds like he has the time to keep trying to make things better.
Do you REALLY have the time?
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 AM   #134
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Eddie O....Your rebutle.......
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #135
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Are you kidding me? 4 hours a day? If the ROAR EXcomm is spending 4 hours a day, I want to know on what. Maybe Dawn, but the rest....hardly. I know AdrianM does his stuff.....but 4 hours a day is hardly going on.

While I was cutting back, it was to reestablish the connection with my wife.....we don't have problems any more and she just likes to know where and what I am doing......and if she can go with me. She just wants to be around me......

Simply put, I have the time. If I didn't, I would not be running.

As for the regionals......I can't be responsible for people not attending. The races in general, all had tons of notice and were all good shows. Membership is actually up a bit in the region. I DID post other events in the revup in my first and second articles......they were edited by Dawn, as I was told non-roar events were not allowed in the revup, even if they are at ROAR tracks, but it gets even more funny, as the next revups had non-roar race stuff from other regions. I did miss a report, cause there was simply nothing to report really and the deadline got moved. My last one was submitted ON time, but supposedly not recieved....and they refused to update the revup.....I have the emails saved....not sure what more I can do.....all convient right before the election.

What free advertising? Where was the offer? Please provide where this offer is from? I contacted all the magazines and they all wanted $1000+ to print the entry form. ROAR has pissed off many of the magazines.....I talked to Scotty prior to the event and he said that very few people even used his magazine entry forms.....we had the entry forums on all the forums, including here MONTHS prior to the event. I got them stickied and everything......I guess I could of done door to door advertising.

ROAR stock nats lost over 100 entries to the PT required rule. There was over 20 local guys who did not come. I got over 40 emails from people across the nation and we had over 50 calls......ROAR refused to allow a deviation. Please note the mod nats, full of sponsored travel guys.....was way way down also. They are combining the event again next year.

The fact that I have held multiple regionals at my track, all at a loss.....I think shows that I care. I took them, cause no track wanted them. I took nationals, cause I felt it might spark the the region into getting back into ROAR......all I got was complaints about rules, and most of the complainers did not show up.

It's hard to do anything in our region when the constant bad mouthing by people.....and then they don't even show up and race. They just complain complain complain (many of which are from YOUR track, yeah IP addresses don't lie) and then don't even show up.....all they simply do is discourage people from coming to the races.

What big trouble will they get into for talking? Will I ground them? I have had multiple people from your track bad mouth the crap out of me online.....I have never done a single thiing against any of them.

I have tried reaching out to tracks and getting them involved. I offered a incentive to just sign up for ROAR at my track.....2 people took me up on it. I have been a regional director for less than a year. The previous director handed over nothing....I got no information or anything from ROAR. The previous director went to ONE regional....ONE...UNO...thats it. Judging me on ten months of work with given basically nothing to work from is a bit harsh....all I know was from I was told attendance was up at fuel regionals and at gas offroad regionals....

In general, you do know attendance was down at a LOT of the races in the NW this year....people are feeling the money crunch and there is a LOT of races being offered.....and right now, the ROAR ones offer the least incentive to attend.

As for our current regionals......I could not make carpet regionals because Darren switched the date from what we orginally agreed on and I had already made plans that I could not cancel to go attend an RC race. Fuel regionals was one weekend before vegas.....so I chose to get ready for a huge race....I let them know and they were fine with it. I was at offroad gas regionals....so 1 of 3....so in less than a year, I am tied with our previous regional directors output in 2 years.....I will be at paved regionals....and there is no one willing to host offroad regionals, unless I step up and do it (again....at a loss). I was available by phone and did make rulings for one of the events.

I have hosts lined up for some of the next year regionals, but we are waiting on dates to get published for nationals before we make any announcements, but we still have a few with no home.....but the Montana tracks are willing, so it looks like some people will traveling far to go to regionals.

My replacement is up to ROAR.....I have someone in mind though, assuming he will take the job. Of course, if you think you could do a better job, then feel free to volunteer....it's not like you don't have the time and you seem to know how to fix the region.

Paid? We get like a $100 check for revup.....I have never cashed a check from ROAR.....

And honestly folks....please raise your hand if knowing that your regional director was going to be at the race would make you any more likely to attend the event?? Umm....none, yeah I thought so.

In general, I have done a ton for my region, LONG before I was the regional director......I have donated tens of thousands of dollars in cash and prizes....paid for trophies a few times.....would of been more debbie, but remember those carpet regionals you told me no and then forgot to have any trophies for the race.....I am sure that helped ROAR right there, people love to race and not get a trophy.

Queller has been on EXcomm for a while......being in the president spot from vice president isn't some huge change....both spots have a vote and we have seen little results.

Please state these changes? We are all curious? What has been done? The competition director spot on EXcomm is still open.....I sent Queller two emails stating my interest in it.....no response. Maybe needs to save a spot for himself after he loses to me or Carl....

Later EddieO