R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2006, 09:30 AM   #421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF
I don't understand... how do you have 258 of 4550 members vote and the total president vote is 233 and the total vote for all regions and presidency is 407?

Thanks,
E

It really is pathetic, 5% turnout. How can that be a clear and accurate representation of the membership?

I suppose that you can equate the consistently low voter turnouts on the consistently low quality of leadership.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:30 AM   #422

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
something doesnt really sound right about the vote count... who did the counting is what i would like to know? does ROAR get an outside company to do it?
Considering the response this thread had I'm kind of surprised to only see 59 as well...but then I go through the forum and look at people who said "I voted" or who's even posted, and I don't think there are even 40 unique people who have posted.

Carl and Eddie (from the outside look of it) ran mostly a RC TECH internet campaign and they are 1 vote from one another. Something tells me Mike was just more on the phone physically getting commitments to vote - not to mention all of the current ROAR people helping him out.

Oh well. If you don't like it I think it's time to turn your back on ROAR. Perhapes start a new electric committee, one that isn't made up of a bunch of 1/8 scale nitro racers.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 AM   #423
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I now believe ROAR is just a scam. Last time when Eddie was up for region rep, I personally knew mor than a handful of people that voted for Eddie and sent their forms in, then ROAR posted the votes counted was far less then the amount of people voted for Eddie that I know of.

I agree with Peter, or the other scenario is they opened my ballot and saw it was checked for Eddie and they threw it in the trash. I would seriously like ROAR to post exactly who voted and who did they vote for!

To me, the guys that would support Eddie on this thread (and openly said they will vote) alone already outnumbered the final votes counted. Something fishy...

As a paid ROAR member, is there any way to find out if my vote was counted? Who do we need to contact to find out?

Dom
Call Fred.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I see no reason to call Fred's integrity in question here. I think that any moves to suggest foul play on his part are a cheap shot and uncalled for.

That being said the possibility for "Ballot Box Stuffing" still exists in ROAR's current election procedures.

This is an issue that MUST be worked out immediately if ROAR is to retain its integrity as a whole. This must be done "above board" with complete visibilty to the membership, otherwise the above comments about crooked elections will be considered true from here on out.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #425
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth

The powers-that-be have access to a master list of ROAR members. Remember, they're able to get such lists to confirm membership at Regional and National events.

What's stopping them from mailing in votes using someone else's name, address, phone number, and ROAR number? They have all this information on file already. It's not too much work...remember, less than 300 votes cast for President.
Current membership lists are available from Fred to Regional Director, Ex Com, Regional Assistant and Track Affiliates upon request for membership verification at sanctioned racing.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #426
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Maybe it's the fact that ROAR represents very few RC Car hobbiests these days... There are what, 38,000 members here (majority are from the US) and 4500 ROAR members....
Old 11-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #427
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolas
- not to mention all of the current ROAR people helping him out.
Maybe this has something to do with the way this election turned out.?

"That being said the possibility for "Ballot Box Stuffing" still exists in ROAR's current election procedures." Advil.

Might the aid of Current ROAR people make sure that this could happen?

That being said. It's over. We get 2 more years of what we have now.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Obiously you havne't been racing for very long so I will educate you a little.

Schumacher is a World Champ (4wd off road), Euro Champ (Sedan and 4wd Off road) and an 11 time US National Champion

How about Xray:

World Titles: 0
Euro Wins: 0
National wins: Less than Schumacher

The problem is if Xray keeps copying other people's cars you will always be one step behind.
Bitter?? must have hit a soft spot with my comnment to get schumachers grand history of achievements LOL

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #429
Tech Elite

ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli
Call Fred.

So, I took the advice, called and no one picked up so emailed Fred instead asking if my vote was counted.... I know it doesn't impact the result, but at least if you give me the rights to vote, I have the rights to find out if my vote was counted.

Unfortunately according to Fred, it is impossible to find out. Oh well...

Dom
Old 11-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #431
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to r0adrunn3r

Quote:
So, I took the advice, called and no one picked up so emailed Fred instead asking if my vote was counted.... I know it doesn't impact the result, but at least if you give me the rights to vote, I have the rights to find out if my vote was counted.

Dom
ROAR should get an independant company to administer the voting process. Ie. Registered voting forms sent out to member's postal address. Forms returned and votes counted by an independant panel. How do the publicly listed companies handle their voting process?

There are only 4550 members... not impossible to do.
r0adrunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #432
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0adrunn3r
ROAR should get an independant company to administer the voting process. Ie. Registered voting forms sent out to member's postal address. Forms returned and votes counted by an independant panel. How do the publicly listed companies handle their voting process?

There are only 4550 members... not impossible to do.
Actually it would be very easy to challenge the votes because they aren't having an indepentant company do the votes....
Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #433
Tech Elite

Quote:

Dom
Can you post that email from Fred?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #434
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli
Can you post that email from Fred?
I'm not sure if it'll be the right thing to do to post the email from Fred on here, there is enough controversy on this issue as is, probably don't need more.

Dom
Old 11-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #435
Tech Master

I would like to hear from just one person that voted for Mike. If you are out there tell us why you voted for him.I saw first hand how Rick Wilson was elected, and by no means was it in accordance with the all mighty roar by-laws.So those who say it can't happen, I know for a fact you are wrong.